Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Playstation Home & HD?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

Just found that recently, and I can say I'm loving it. Sure, racing syncopia wth all my fellow pilots online last we was even more awesome, but this stuff gave me the real taste of Home. Ah ah no surprise to be honest, for the first time I'm finding something in my tastes in this virtual place. It's a great way to promote the game btw, dunno exactly who's using home pretty often (which kind of gamer I mean), but this place could be, at least for us, a great place to organize meetings, or have a chat like Kieran said... or dance lol; yeah this robot is Awesome, just spent 10 mn in the space and ended dancing wth the robot lol. Still need to explore that deeper, complete the minigames you guys talked about... arh need to find time for that.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

I find HOME is an application on the PSN with much potential. The day i went on HOME with Ace the day before my PS3 chucked the YLOD on me trying to find the Wipeout Museum was the first time ive been on HOME before since 2008. It has changed alot since then, has become more user friendly and has more better selection options. I was looking at my settings in HOME, saw i was still apart of the wz group created there, not sure who created that, must of been quite some time ago for it to not come off the top of my head. But something like that would be a good idea for meeting places, and a bit of a place for mates to have a quick yarn. Wipeout Museum could be one of those meet places also. Is an awesome place. Lol at the grey-blue Mirage ship in the lobby of the HOME location. The DJ robot thing is awesome. I could see this Wipeout Museum room extended in due time, quite a good idea that has been put into practice. Illustrates there just might be another WO in the works in a few years time with interests in this.

I did notice Zico Lui did create the 2D game on the far side of the Wipeout Museum room, lol. Seems like he has made a bit of a name for himself

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

Default WipEout Museum

So I open up my email today and see I have a thing from PSN. I normally delete them right away but I open it up and I get something telling me this month on PS Home there will be a Museum in PS Home dedicated to WO.

http://us.playstation.com/psn/playst...ALI_001_Home_H

Looks like I will have to re-dl home and install it some time this month to check this out.

(Sry, didn't know this thread existed)
    Last edited by RedScar; 7th August 2010 at 06:25 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    BulletWraith

this crazy good
    thanks RedScar!

zershen

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Looks like a nice place:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVq77...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGE3V...eature=related

They even have the ship models there and a track-part you can look at. And logos, logos, logos I also saw the WipEout1 Intro
    Ah: And an advertisement for WipEout Flight Suits

General question: Is all that WipEout stuff besides the games made by Studio Liverpool? It looks very detailed and like made with passion. Hats off.
    Last edited by Sausehuhn; 8th August 2010 at 02:22 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    BulletWraith

got my wipEr helmet
    the racing game is fun too, the shooter not so much

-zer

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

Saw this thread last night and decided to pop into Home and check out this Wipeout Museum...pretty cool stuff! I saw the ads for Wipeout clothing too...promptly went over to the mall and bought the FX350 t-shirt for 49 cents...I felt stupid actually buying something in Home (I vowed to never do that, as I'm not a silly teen, ha ha), but I simply couldn't resist supporting the game and being a walking advertisement. Didn't even realize that the back of the shirt acts as a working Feisar billboard with the name and logo constantly appearing and disappearing...nice surprise, especially since I'm a Feisar guy. I may have to invest in a full pilot's suit when they become available too, LOL.

PSN ID
    PHO-KU

i love it - it's not wrong to want to live there? i bought all the furniture too, my god, they're devine, would pay serious money to have real versions of some of the sofas / chairs.

whole area could do with being a little bigger imo.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Sooo … if one could make close-up screenshots of those Shirts … and if the resolution is high enough … then there are chances to see them in real life

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Uhh... Yeah I guess you could, but someone would have to make one of these very expensive shirts that light up in the form of the shirts of WipEout on HOME first.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Okay, okay, without the animation of course (even though there are ways to do it )

And does somebody know where's the music from that plays in the DJ section?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

Default meet us @ the wipeout museum

Hey guys,

We'll try to draw lots (of the avalon cup) live at the wipeout museum this week-end, if I'm right on schedule with the seeded players thing & if there's no last minute withdrawal that can't be fixed quickly.

So rendezvous is set to saturday, aug. 28, 23H00 GMT (TBC on friday). Everyone is invited of course, not just the registered pilots of the cup. Maybe I should add something like WZ, mobilize! or not lol. Anyway, it could be a good opportunity to already arrange your 1st round meeting with your opponent, but also share some piloting tips, racing experiences, exchange psn IDs & maybe make new friends eh eh. So hope to see you all to burn the dancefloor!
    rendezvous point near the robot dj btw. Loving this dude ah ah.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Guys one thing I have to say about how Home works though.

The "game" creates as many instances of the same space as necessary for all the people to be able to connect.

For example:

Say the limit of users able to get on to one instance is 32, the game will fill the space with 32 people. But then, if one more connects, the game will make one more instance for that player, as well as any more players, until it's filled with 32 players again, and so on (Like parallel universes filled with different people.)

So, that means if you give each other a date and meeting place, you might not be able to see each other because of these multiple instances of the same space.

If you actually want to meet each other, then somebody will have to add everyone who wishes to attend to his friends list.

Now once in Home, the guy who added everyone will connect to a space in the WipEout Museum.
    The people who wish to attend will press the start button to open the PDA, navigate to their friends list and see that the "host" is connected on Home. There are options available to join them. Do that, and normally you should be able to connect to the same instance of the space as him.
    Everyone does that, and it's party time near the robot.

However, this whole process is REGION LOCKED. If you are not in Europe, and for example kanar is the host you wish to join, you will not be able to join them. You will have to use a spoof account made for Europe. The process to create a European account is easy, plus I don't think it requires an actual street address so you can do whatever you want. Finally, for the e-mail I do think that e-mails from @spam.la (Fake e-mails) still work for European PSN.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

woah, big thanks for these explanations Xavier, especially the parallel universes part & the region restrictions; damn this home meeting won't be available for everyone as far as I understand (especially for non european users). Well, that sucks a bit, plus my friendlist is about to explode too, so adding sub psn IDs just for this rendezvous seems impossible. Unless I'm using a 2nd account myself with available psn friend entries like kanar_is_back. But I'm doubting people outside europe are going to create sub euro accounts just for home anyway. woah so complicated ah ah.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    Chet_BG

That's what meant in the other thread, but my English isn't so great and I probably didn't explain it well enough.
    And one question. Saturday 23:00 GMT is Sunday 00:00 UK time at the moment, right?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

Yes Chet lol, Dark explained in details here but I remember you talked about these parallel universes... grr Sony are weirdoes. And yes you're right, just found out UK isn't in GMT atm (GMT+1), so it means GMT+2 for me gah. But yeah let's keep this 23:00 GMT schedule (the wife will sleep ah ah)

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

I don't have Home and heard that it takes quite a bit of space up on your HDD to install - I don't have a lot of space left

Will you be posting the lot drawing results here as well Kanar?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

of course DP, as soon as the "ceremony" is done I'll post the board here, and I'll send a pm to everyone with all the latest infos (SPAMMING MODE : ON lol).

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    MetaKraken (formerly MechaKraken)

Lightbulb Your thoughts about Wipeout on PS Home

The Wipeout on PSHome is really awesome. 'Nuff said.
    Last edited by MetaKraken; 15th September 2010 at 07:53 PM. Reason: My thread was moved into this thread.

PSN ID
    AVENGER2197

Quote Originally Posted by Sausehuhn View Post
    And does somebody know where's the music from that plays in the DJ section?
    Actually, some of it is from the PSX game "Blast Radius". I think all of it is old Psygnosis/SL tracks from previous games.(non-WO)

The museum is beautiful, very well done! Now if only we could get Wipeout personal spaces.
    Last edited by Avenger2197; 18th September 2010 at 03:16 AM. Reason: grammer and clarity