Thread: Can I buy WipEout HD without internet on my PS3?

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    RICHochet

Default Can I buy WipEout HD without internet on my PS3?

So I finally got a PS3 solely for WipEout. I'm really not interested in any other PS3 games so the following question is very important to me. Can I buy WipEout HD on my PC and then put it on my PS3 or will I just have to return my PS3?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

It was released on blu-ray disc. I don't think it's particularly easy to get a hold of though. Whenever I've checked stocks in the UK they've always been sold out. I think it's possibly discontinued. Second hand might be your only option.

Why don't you have internet on your PS3 though, if you do have it on PC?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Javariko

There's some stores that have it here, I think you should be able to get it tbh.

My question though, why and how possibly could you buy a PS3 before informing about this?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

If the time info is correct (GMT-8) he lives on the west coast of America.
    As such, there is no way to buy WipEout HD other than getting your PS3 online or trying to import a WipEout HD Fury blu-Ray disc from Europe.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I still don't really understand why someone would have an internet connection on their PC and not on their PS3. I believe you could even get a crossover cable and use that to share your PC's connection with the PS3, i.e. connecting the PS3 via the PC.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    DJTECHNO

Ebay

buying two or one for myself.. and its usually in the United Kingdom, Taiwan, South Korea

and some other country thats not the United States...

HAters!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Quote Originally Posted by SaturnReturn View Post
    I still don't really understand why someone would have an internet connection on their PC and not on their PS3.
    Well, if the PS3 is far from the desktop PC and there's no wireless in the house. Cables running around are geeky but they're not pretty to look at, even if they come in different colors.
    It can happen, but it's rare.
    Also I don't know his age but maybe he isn't allowed to go online (parents rule etc.)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Rennfisch / dieBeulenpest

@Darkdrium777: I've try it with wireless but it doesn't work. Now I use cables and I'm happy. Better they are lying around, than the online is constantly interrupted.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Richochet apparently wants to download it on PC and transfer it to PS3. Buying it through PC would require the same debit or credit card as on PS3, and an internet connection all the same, so I just don't really understand the problem.

Messy cables aren't great, but it doesn't require a permanent connection to download the game as a one-off. Just needs moving the PS3 to the PC, and possibly the TV as well. Sure it could be a massive hassle but it's a one time only thing to get the game in the first place. Or just take it round a friend's house and do it there.

PSN ID
    M1zw1z

Yea get the disc

PSN ID
    MegaGeeza22

Hes obviously having us on...
    you either have internet or you dont, or your only 12 and are not aloud psn, but you can buy it on your pc?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    crawdad62

Will the downloaded version play with out an internet connection? I don't know I've never tried. I know most of these games "phone home" for various things you never know. But anyway if it can and the only hold up is not having a connection to the PS3 why don't you just take it somewhere (ie friends house, etc.) and download it there.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Of course it plays without an internet connection.
    The only time it didn't was when all the PS3 systems had the leap year bug.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

You can play it without internet connection, but none of your records will get put on the boards and subsequently all your times recorded on your console will have player 1 next to them, instead of your PS name.
    Plus you will never know how much you are improving unless you have the comparison to other peoples times.