Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who's a bit dissapointed?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Assimilator69

well the HD tralier is what 250mb for just 1m.30s of video footage so i'm guessing the intro alone will be about that.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

where did that 5GB rumor come from? they already stated it will be under 1gig, didn't they?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Squallie

There are demos on PS Store that are 1.3GB and probably even bigger. GT5 Prologue are around 4-5GB, isnt it? If they have had big sizes until now why would that suddenly change..

But yeah they said the game will be pretty small.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Quote Originally Posted by eLhabib View Post
    where did that 5GB rumor come from?
    About five posts above your one - it was a throwaway comment by lochiebrad that, for some reason, seems to have been accepted as fact.

A glaring example of how internet rumours are so successful - people believe any old bollocks they read on the 'net.

yeah lets end the rumour

Fact

Wipeout HD is less than 1gig, so now you have it from the studio director and the lead designer, so there should be no reason for any more speculative 5gig nonsense

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

Great to hear Colin! At least it won't bust such a massive amount of our download quota

Fact: Pine O'Clean removes 99.9% of dirt and grime around the home!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oiw0CGIvMfk
    Colin reminded me of that ad for some reason

Timezone
    GMT + 10

Yeah sorry for throwaway 5gig, but I did say it was a guess!

But wow that's pretty amazing that it's under 1 gig... What's all this sony PR rubbish about bluray being the future of games because of how much it can store... it seems that in this age of downloadable content, games are getting smaller.

Back to the point, though; are you going to buy wipeout HD, even if you may find yourself a little dissapointed? What price would you settle for?

FYI for Melbourners I am with TPG 18gig 1.5Mb/s. But they're cheap and give me about 8gig before cutting me off I swear. Plus the ping is a nightmare for some reason so I can't play online easily.

PSN ID
    humangoogle -OFW-

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Berry View Post
    yeah lets end the rumour

Fact

Wipeout HD is less than 1gig,
    pre-install or post-install?

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Quote Originally Posted by lochiebrad View Post
    What's all this sony PR rubbish about bluray being the future of games because of how much it can store... it seems that in this age of downloadable content, games are getting smaller
    Yeah yeah lets not forget HD is only 8 tracks, short tracks catered to PSP tastes.

After it is installed and it is sitting ready to be played, it is less than 1 gig

As RR says, Some games are small in size, some large, depends on the game

Just because Wipeout is small it doesnt mean blu ray is a 'rubbish PR exercise' thats just bad logic

Of course you dont need Blu ray for tetris, but you cant expect to comfortably download GTA IV or Burnout Paradise for example

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Makes sense when you think about it. I even find it hard to fathom the mysterious PS3 Wipeout thats rumored to be coming at some stage could even half fill a 50 gig Blu Ray disk. No matter what the detail or how uncompressed the audio it just doesn't seem the type of game that will ever need all the space.

Games like future GTAs could potentially fill it due big maps with lots of details etc.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

...and of course games with HD video sequences.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Note: I was not accepting the 5GB size as fact, I was merely discussing the fact that WipEout HD weighing more than 1GB was quite improbable. Maybe you misunderstood that, but as Colin stated, it doesn't so it turns out I am right, and it should be close to Warhawk's size, which is around 800MB. I would be pleasantly surprised if it was less

Timezone
    GMT + 2

Wow that is awesome news that it is less than a gig , woo
    Thanks Colin for being active in these forums , not many game dev
    companies post on fan forums .
    Anyway back to the topic I am a bit disappointed with the look of the physics
    looks like it is too stuck to the floor , but as everyone discussed doesn't look like that good old floatyness will return cos of QA , however we will only truly know what it feels like once it is out . But zone mode has me sold
    Last edited by Linchpin; 18th April 2008 at 07:44 PM. Reason: retard fingers

HD is floatier and a little bouncier (not like a bouncy ball) than Wipeout has been for a while. Its not Wipeout 3 floaty, but its more so than Pure or Pulse, especially as you move up in speeds (and of course more than fusion). There are sections in ubermall and in sebenco that allows for a LARGE amount of air time for example.

wow that sounds very tony hawks, air time, how Rad

PSN ID
    Axellink

THANK YOU!!!!!!! Ok this has confirmed the game for me!!! I agree, Wipeout 3 was over floaty lol. But I'm glad the game is returning to it's roots. Now for that HU........

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Squallie

"Wipeout 3 was over floaty lol"

Is that even possible?

Nice to hear its floatier than both psp games. Goin in the right direction.

my ps3 are screaming for some wipeout hd every night

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Thanks Colin! That's really cool, I can't wait for this game It's probably the only reason I'm getting a DualShock 3 since the guys at 1Up have mentioned that it rumbles when pitch is incorrect. Can you confirm this?

For my preference, Wipeout 3 was ideal in floatiness.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Agree, Wip3out had it all right but the feel of the crafts in Pulse is awsome to, in it's own way.

What I truly miss isn't the floatyness, It's the way the crafts didn't vertically align with the track...