Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Wipeout HD HUD

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Flashback_Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Chill View Post
    you're **** out of luck for knowing what current condition your energy is...
    Sarcasm? The energy indicator frames the weapon icons, top middle of the screen on the new HD HUD.

- F

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

No -F I mean you don't know exactly how much energy you have... all you know is when everything starts flashing, you better GET SOME!!! haha...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Nadia_Elenova

Just unlocked the 2097 HUD!!
    I love it, when I first played with it, I keep the rest of the race absorving and picking up weapons just to see the new weapon icons.
    And the font style... I love that font .

2097 HUD. So that guy (forgotten who) who made a bunch of claims some time back turned out to be spot-on after all.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

As well as the Wipeout 3 HUD.

PSN ID
    SouthendRage

Just got the Wip3out HUD, pretty cool. I feel all nostalgic when I use the Goteki 45 craft....

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

Are they just unlocked through campaign play, or does it require something special?

PSN ID
    Axellink

Unlocked through gameplay. I think to need 10k career points for the WO3 one. But no disrespect to the SL team. But the old HUDs are so much better and clearer. So easy to read especially WO3 HUD. That HUD will be my default for life

PSN ID
    SouthendRage

I think they are unlocked through loyalty points with a team, the Wip3out HUD is released at 10.000 loyalty points.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

WipEout 3 HUD looks fantastic! Although a smaller screen percentage is recommended or else you've got to go far into the corner to read it, but it looks really good.
    The only thing I wish for the HUD is that you could use HD's in Zone and 3's in race, because the Zone HUD is fantastic as well!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

I like the WO3 HUD very much. Looks very clean.
    Same for Zone Mode. There's very little covered by the HUD - and that's perfect for me.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Squallie

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    The only thing I wish for the HUD is that you could use HD's in Zone and 3's in race
    That was exactly what I was thinking! That would be great.

But WO3's are so the best HUD in this game. Its really beautiful and it works good with the menus in the game. It should be the default HUD imo. =P

Thanks to the developers for listening to the criticism on the HD HUD.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    taqili

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    WipEout 3 HUD looks fantastic! Although a smaller screen percentage is recommended or else you've got to go far into the corner to read it, but it looks really good.
    The only thing I wish for the HUD is that you could use HD's in Zone and 3's in race, because the Zone HUD is fantastic as well!
    vouch all of this -- w3o is how we roll and HD for zone because it's so much clearer

Timezone
    GMT -5

The legacy HUDs lack the proximity indicator (doesn't seem to be explained in the game guide but Colin mentioned it in at least one of his interviews) of the HD HUD.

You can use it to:
    • judge when somebody is sneaking up on you (especially useful when you're in first place)
    • block (non-turbo) passing attempts (as long you don't expose yourself to forward facing weapons)
    • perfectly align mine and bomb drops in front of the craft behind you
    • judge when to start a pulse to (in most cases) eliminate the passing craft

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

AFAIK the WO3 HUD also has the proximity indicator, although it is less precise than the HD HUD. But I still don't need it, just drop mines and bombs onto the speed or weapon pads It worked well enough for me until now.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Yes, it does have it.
    It's the little yellow arrow that was, originally in WO3, for pointing to the pitlane (if I remember correctly).

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

There were two arrows. The one on HD's hud is the exact same one in the exact same place, but since there's no pit(/), there's no second arrow.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

Am I the only one using the 2097 HUD?

Maybe it's because that was the first game in the series I ever played, but I feel like I'm back in my comfort zone. Plus, I love all the weapon icons on the 2097 HUD. Pure awesome if you ask me.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

I just opened th W3 HUD about an hour ago and used it for a tournament. Suddenly everything is right with the world.

What's weird is the green text for "Final Lap" - I don't remember that from WipEout 3. Which is odd, because the graphic design team at Studio Liverpool seem to have had no problem perfectly copying everything else the Designers Republic have ever done.

Maybe it was just a green-ish shade of tracing paper they were using that particular day?

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

From What I Can Remember it should have been orange, and there wasn't a Final Lap message at all.
    Last edited by mdhay; 30th September 2008 at 06:06 PM. Reason: PS3 withdrawl symptoms are lethal.:s