Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Wipeout HD HUD

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    trentdf

hey i was just wondering about using the old huds, does this mean they have to add new symbols for new weapons, and in the case of wip3out, change the missile and rocket symbol? or would they just use HD symbols for everything

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    BARTgai

From the videos I have seen, it looks like they use the same style as the hud. ie: the rockets on the 2097 hud are the three ticks in a triangle like the original game. The others like leech are most likely adapted to that style.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    trentdf

ok kool, for some reason this excites me

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

That's right for the WO2097 HUD, but the WO3 HUD uses - unfortunately - the WOHD symbols.

PSN ID
    Axellink

Really? Dang I didn't know this. Ah well at least we have the HUD in the first place. We can't really complain.

does anyone know if the shakey HUD and zoom effect stuff can be turned off, because i got really excited by the classic HUD's, but all the vids i've seen of the classic HUD's have this effect too...as well as the red flash of damage. i find the effect a bit over the top and why would a HUD do that in the future anyway.

i get the idea, make it feel like your there really hitting stuff e.t.c, e.t.c, but i don't like it and would really....REALLY, like to know if this is an optional thing in HD.

any input, at, all, would be apreciated.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

I lub the 2097/XL HUD.

Ugh, 8 days. This feels like an eternity.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Seems like you cannot turn off the motion blur an the red flash effect.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Indeed, you cannot.

damn.

i really hoped it would be optional as it's such an extreme effect. oh well, thanks for clearing that one up for me guys.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Honestly, when you're racing, you don't notice. Don't judge from watching videos of the game. Playing it yourself is a whole different deal.
    Oddly enough, as much as I hated the HD HUD when I saw the first screens of it, now I prefer it over the 2 old-school HUDs. Why? Because it's simply better organized and easier to read (weird, ey? )

the thing is, it was one of the things that bugged me in pulse (also not optional in that game) i admit after a bit it wasn't noticible...or i just got better and didn't hit anything!!! it looks a lot more intense in HD, but i would like to play it to see, not just that but also to see a few other things i'm unsure about (art direction things, but that's my personal opinion) but with it been a download title i can't go into a shop and play a demo and not a single one of my friends, all gamers to some degree, owns a ps3 or really wants one. i'm hoping for some good solid 'real' reviews. looking forward to the 1up one and any by regular gamers on youtube.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

well, I must say I prefere HD's HUD to Wip3Out's one, but 2097 is still my favorite.
    I'd love to get Pure/Pulse's HUD with the fisheye effect that was available on the PSP game.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

See, that's another weird thing: where's the fisheye HUD? I'm quite sure I've seen it in earlier videos...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

I didn't see at all. The Zone Mode with the speed scale on the left, or the "steering" assist look like fisheye effect but that' all.
    I had love this effect since it gave the impression that the HUD was displayed on the cockpit glass or directly on the pilot's helmet.

Maybe later with the new tracks (hidden request spotted n_n).

PSN ID
    Axellink

Hmmmmmmmm I think i'll still be using the WO3 HUD. HD HUD clutters the screen too much. I'm a minnimalist so thats probably why.

Yep – I totally agree! The standard HD HUD simply gets in the way of all that beautifully rendered Wipeout action, so the clear and minimalist WO3 HUD looks to be the best option for me too. Lets hope it doesn’t take too long to unlock it!

eLhabib – I meant to say thanks for posting your excellent video interview with Tony at Leipzig. The sequence with the Icarus ship and WO3 HUD finally convinced me to jump in head first and get myself a PS3! Only one week to go now...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Yay! I sold a PS3! Tell Sony, maybe I'll get commission

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

Not fair !!! I sold (help selling) 4 PS3 just by showing the Hi-Def video from gamersyde u_u
    Who said WO is a game just for hardcore gamer ^_^

Back on topic, I think there is a limit between minimalist HUD and ... empty HUD like WO3 one.
    This is futurist races, so futuristic HUD should come with it n_n

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

I did hate the HUD on Wipeout HD when I played it at the gaming convention... trust me you're **** out of luck for knowing what current condition your energy is... and the lap and position numerals aren't visible enough... you have to look at them for several seconds... thank god for the new HUDs... WO3 HUD all the WAY!!!