Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Wipeout HD HUD

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    xEik

Quote Originally Posted by Skvall View Post
    There are actually a thread about the HUD. (and this is not the one..)
    I moved your posts to the correct thread.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

It's kind of late, but i will still give my opinion based on gamersyde videos.

The HUD itself has clearly that wipeout touch i expected to find. But I must admit that the screen is a little overloaded when the time difference is display.
    I understand that with WO speed, temporary information should be display where it is easier/quicker to see, but maybe the text could have been enough (no box around it).

that thing appart, I like te distortion effect when passing on boost pod, and the scale displayed in Zone mode.

Do someone knows if the fisheye effect on the HUD which was available on Pulse will also be available on WOHD ?

Thanks.
    I really liked this one !!!

PSN ID
    Axellink

This is a point that has been argued for ages. I am hoping that the artist who designed the HUD took note and that they have made some changes to the HUD. TBH, I would prefer the option to have two HUDS. The one from the preview vids of last year and the one they had now.

The one they have now will look clattered on my normal 4:3 TV

I think they have made some changes hopefully. Infact I'm praying that they have because apart from the floatiness, this is my biggest gripe about the game.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

I've only seen the HUD from the press build release in march (thx gamersyde).
    Do you have some vids or screens from an earlier version, please ?

PSN ID
    Axellink

I'm at work so I can't get the direct link for you. check out www.gametrailers.com . Search for wipeout HD vids and check out the earlier ones. The HUD had a minimalistic theme to it.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

Yeah I saw them and I think that even if the new one isn't perfect, it IS quite an accomplishment compared to the first one ^_^.
    Since the annoncement through TVG, it seems that multipe HUD will be available (maybe customizing will be possible like the skins in Pure, or the ships' in Pulse ... let's hope so ^_~

Timezone
    GMT + 9
    PSN ID
    HISHO-JP-

Thumbs up

I dislike the HD's HUD...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2pQpzGLcvEc&fmt=18

......!?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

That's on of the optional retro HUD designs. This one is from wipEout 2097, and there's another one from wip3out.

PSN ID
    technicolour

I don't suppose the 2097 hud comes with a 2097 announcer, does it?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

Personnally, I prefer that HUD to the HD original one which is (that's only my opinion) too thin and difficult to read (maybe because there a lot of information display on the center of the screen ^_^).
    Does someone know if there will be Pure HUD (with fisheye effect) ?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Wip3ou7pure

wow did you see the way the ship tumbled down the track as it exploded at the end there?? TIGHT! and that XL hud looks perfect! HD is going to be so amazing. ill never need to buy another video game ever again.

11th hour request for Team HD (Colin Berry and co)...
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for de-cluttering the HUD central field of view – it looks so much cleaner without the timing stats in the center. Also the inclusion of the retro HUDs is pure genius!

However, I notice that the HUD dynamic effects are still present. This is the single most annoying aspect of the HD gameplay videos from the past few months and I think its unfair to impose this effect on us after 13 years of Wipeouts without it. It seriously makes me want to chuck – particularly after watching a few laps of Anulpha Pass! There is enough dynamic action going on on-screen already without the need for any motion on the HUD and on two player mode it looks even worse!

Can we please have the option to disable the HUD stretching and shaking effects!! Hell if you can offset the coordinates of the timing stats to the top left of the screen I really don’t see the problem with a simple boolean flag to disable the HUD animation.

C’mon guys, if you really expect us to fork out >£300 quid to play this game (OK – I will be able to use the PS3 to play BluRay discs too but I mainly want it for WipeoutHD!) could you please give me the option to experience the game how I want to play it?

agreed, the inclusion of the 2097 HUD is a huge improvement, it looks sooooo good, but the motion stuff does need to be optional. plus with the art direction for that track, it now belongs in f-zero...in my opinion. kinda wish they based the whole style on 2097, 3 or pure rather than the neon-esque pulse.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    supersox

First I thought there was something wrong with the 2097 HUD. Then I realized speedometer read 600 or 700 kph instead of 300

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Does someone have pictures of the WO3-HUD? Can't wait to see that as it matches perfect with the menu style

PSN ID
    Axellink

Thats what i thought, the menu screens are so Wipeout 3 lol. When you play the actual game, the HUD takes you completely away from it all lol. I will definitely be using WO3 HUD

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

The XL hud looks awesome, thanks for the video

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

I'm also curious to see the WO3 HUD, although the 2097 one looks ace I think I'll be using WO3 HUD providing it's as good as that one.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    cybrpnk

Quote Originally Posted by Wip3ou7 View Post
    wow did you see the way the ship tumbled down the track as it exploded at the end there?? TIGHT! and that XL hud looks perfect! HD is going to be so amazing. ill never need to buy another video game ever again.
    Haha...my thoughts exactly...SL has brought back WipEout giving games that element of the future cool once again...and damn is this future super cool...!!!

Could this be my last game ever for this year??? Hmmm...

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Quote Originally Posted by Rapier Racer View Post
    I'm also curious to see the WO3 HUD, although the 2097 one looks ace I think I'll be using WO3 HUD providing it's as good as that one.
    I want to see what the weapon icons will be like, specifically for weapons like Cannon, Bomb, and Turbo that weren't in WO3.
    Last edited by RJ O'Connell; 26th August 2008 at 01:46 AM.