Just had a quick look at the Wipeout HD gameplay footage over at Gamersyde.com and I have to say that whilst the game looks stunning I do not like the way the new HUD shakes and stretches on screen as you fly over speed boost pads and hit obstacles. Also, the large hexagonal weapons indicator wastes a lot of visible space and contains a tiny vector drawing of your current weapon which is not very easy to see. There are times when a third of the central field of view is obscured by the HUD info and timing stats! And because its shaking and stretching its highly distracting and annoying. I hope there is a choice of HUDs available – all previous Wipeout HUDs were far less intrusive so why have they changed it? It seems a bit pointless having a shuddering pilots eye view HUD with the external ship view anyway!

Sorry for the rant on my first post but this place appears to be the best place on the web to talk about all things Wipeout. Been addicted since 2097 and am so looking forward to the HD version.

Does anyone here think the new HUD is an improvement?