Thread: Having a little trouble, could use some advice

Talking Having a little trouble, could use some advice

Hello all, i have been playing WipEout since it first arrived on the playstation back in 1995, and ever since (lets forget wipeout fusion )

Anyway let me start by saying that i'm quite bad at WipEout.
    yes i'm afraid i do need to use pilot assist, i realy cant fly without it, honestly.
    I'm rubbish, but i love it

so to my request...
    I have completed ever cell in all modes of HD so far, all except the Headrush, single race on Sebenco climb, i just cant get any further than 4th place, on this track and thats on NOVICE.

I just need this one race to complete the HD series, open up the silver skins, and unlock about three extra trophy's, i'm tearing my hair out here.

all posts about how much i suck will be met with good humour
    thanks all.
    Last edited by Darkmiss; 24th July 2009 at 08:56 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    okam--

Pick a ship with good handling (dont worry too much about speed), learn to nail those corners, and possibly also go to youtube and search for the track name. Should be plenty of videos out there for you to study. Also, pray for autopilot and boosts Lots of people have problems with this one.

Good luck!

PSN ID
    JamboGT

I have to be honest I had a go with pilot assist just to see what it was like and it was HORRIBLE!

I was all over the place, I have to be honest my advice is get rid of that and go and speedlap sebenco for 50 laps or so.

PSN ID
    stever

Good use of lifting the nose and side shifting once you get about half way around each corner does it for me on Sebenco climb

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i473NnU31-8

That should hopefully help you out

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

You don't need to use pilot assist because you suck. You just think you suck because you use pilot assist. As long as you think you need help from that feature you won't be able to progress because you won't believe in yourself. I know someone else that used PA ages ago and claimed I was a much better pilot because I didn't. I told him to turn it off and at first he was a bit all over the place but then started to quickly improve. Please do the same and you might be pleasently surprised. Good luck.

P.S. We all hit the walls at first, and continue to do so....often

Timezone
    GMT -8

Stop using pilot assist. You won't get any better until you learn how to stop sucking.

i was the same couldnt get sebenco climb or chengo race medal on the last level of hd campaign. i did it by using feiser with pilot assist on. take the corners nice n early and use side shift to get off the walls on sebenco climb.

as soon as you get your silver ship, focus on speed laps and lose the pilot assist and you will get better fast, i wont touch pilot assist now as you cannot beat a good pilot with it on ever.

now im doing hd campaign again going for elite medals with no pilot assist crap and i am winning them cos i played the speed lap to learn the tracks at high speed

hope that helps

PSN ID
    YouAreFubar

Default Yeah, that one had me too for ages....

I think SaturnReturn is spot on. Turn PA off, its probably the reason you cant do it. While it keeps you off the walls it doesnt let you keep a good line and can slow you down. Practice the course on speedlap for a bit and you will get used to it (quicker than you think). Even the best people on here still end up bashing the walls sometimes. Part of the game is learning to minimise the damage and recover quickly when this does happen.

Hellfire, thats a fantastic video. Very informative!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    zeeZinator

Do the whole 99 laps of speed lap, phantom on it. It might be a bit extreme, but it helped. Without PA.

Thumbs up

Thanks all, some great advice there, and teh side shift on the corners is something i haven't used before.

i will try my best to lose the PA too.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    handmade_lion

Default ...

Quote Originally Posted by zeeZ View Post
    Do the whole 99 laps of speed lap, phantom on it. It might be a bit extreme, but it helped. Without PA.
    I second this

If there's something about a track you need to get down, this is absolutely the way to do it. It was how I beat Zico, learned my reverse tracks, etc. Practice, practice, practice. Our brains have to learn the lines we'll be using.