Thread: another (new) IGN preview

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Paradoxx

Thumbs down

What is the aim of the race if you don't need to know how to control your ship ? Excuse me but... I don't want to buy "Train Simulator" !
    I don't think that it's a good feature. When developers think their games for the "casual gamers", the games become too easy or too repetitive for the "real gamers"... Consequently, the real gamers go away and the "casual gamers" don't play more than before, because they're casual gamers ... and the serie takes a bad reputation because of being not as good as before.

Please, don't make this game funny for my parents. Thanks...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

again, RELAX. you haven't seen the pilot assist in action yet. it's just fine. helps beginners to enjoy the game right from the start, and that's exactly what it's there for. Doesn't mean they will even stand a chance against a skilled pilot.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Yep, it bounces you off the wall so early and forcefully there is no way rookies will beat even less experienced pilots. Also, if you let go off the steering, you'll still crash into the wall. It's no AP - it's probably just there to prevent your own "contender eliminated" on Outpost7 or something. ;-)

Ben

It's quite ridiculous. Even a game like Mario Kart doesn't need some mode that stops you crashing into walls. Probably more appealing to people with no thumbs I guess. That 'no thumb' demographic is rarely targeted so they're probably hoping to get in first.

What if experienced pilots use pilot assist? Will they be faster? If there`s any way to take advantage of pilot assist many players will do so. I`m praying there`s no way that pilot assist times can be entered into the records, or it may be used/abused and the game be broken.

I would expect they'd have thought of that. Or at least, I'd hope. Top speeds are probably throttled with it on. After all, if someone moves past Venom, they have no business using something like this.

I`m sure you`re right I think it`s an alright idea for the "casual" market, children and shandy-drinking southern lightweights, so long as it`s kept completely separate and the "proper" game isn`t affected by it. If this is so, and it helps fill the Wipeout coffers for more games in the future then I`m all for it.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Firstly, I think there definitely will be an option to force it off in multiplayer (because there it really IS an advantage, not having a rocket smack you against the wall and such), and secondly, for TT I don't see it as a threat, because it pushes you to the center of the track if you come close to the sides, so ideal racelines (as close to the inside as possible) would be prevented by the system.