Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Will a Blu-Ray retail version of WipeoutHD be released?

That would suck. And I mean that in a bad way.

And no libraries full of real books. I'm pretty sure I don't want a world where thAt happens.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

I don't see libraries going away.. that's a different kettle of fish altogether.
    while text can be digitally distributed, reading it off paper is more comfortable than off a screen.
    By comparison... games, movies, and music are all sold as digital information on physical media anyway... so removing the media while keeping the same data is far more realistic
    libraries will go away somewhat later than we achieve the paperless office.
    do you see that happening any time soon?

PSN ID
    ummagumma88 /feel free to add me

Unhappy

with everything on hard disk drives something like a "millenium bug" will sound far more menacing..

We've not lost libraries, yet, but we've pretty much lost vinyl. It's still around, but so much reduced that we can never have the same experience of it anymore. There was a rich tactile and visual and kinetic experience with vinyl records that you can't have with digital media. Same is true of books, and I think we will lose them, but don't know when.

edited to add: I happened to visit Ars Technica while ago and found that last night they had published this article relevant to that subject:
    http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post...ne-piracy.html