Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HD...gravity ends and a new era begins...anti-gravity goes online...

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    cybrpnk

Default HD...gravity ends and a new era begins...anti-gravity goes online...

The premier anti-gravity-mega-monster HD is rising on the horizon...we can smell the jet fumes...we can hear the thunderous roars of spectator crowds...we are hypnotised by the neons, ads, smoke trails, 1080, 60fps, vapour trails...ONLINE

This is where it all truly begins...the future of WipEout...

Remember the feeling you used to get when you'd buy a new WipEout on the PSOne, read the manual, read the taglines of the various FX leagues on the pages of the manual, and felt like you are part of a grander operation that is WipEout??? The question is...who here is up for organising some kind of real-life league...with of course the help of WipEoutZONE...make those days of dreaming on the PSOne a proper reality...some kind of online league where dates are set, the best pilots from each team are chosen (maybe have internal competitions between pilots of the same team to choose their pilot)...and a proper online match takes place...winner takes all...fame, glory, bragging rights...and maybe...some kind of limited edition WipEout shindangamedig...

I reckon that HD is the beginning of something that can possibly become something so much more grander...I yearn for the day we can log-in on a set date...to either race...or if we were not good enough to qualify, sit back, chill and watch some anti-gravity racing from various camera views as we egg on and support our team mates...1000+ kmh crafts tearing through time and space to the sounds of million strong crowds roaring in unison...

who's up???
    Last edited by cybrpnk; 25th March 2008 at 08:03 PM.

In cross country running, you take the scores of the top 5 people on your team and the lowest score wins, this would have to be 4, and be reverse order points, 1st=8 2cd=7 3rd = 6 and so on, most points win. It wouldn't have to be those points, but some sort of point system for placement. Would be really fun.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Being able to watch other people racing live would be superb. Being able to race as a team would be interesting.

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

If that isn't a brilliant idea, I'd eat my hat...if I owned said hat.

Words said without pieces of hat in the mouth are cheap.

PSN ID
    ummagumma88 /feel free to add me

many things you mention are already been done in project gotham on 360..
    but wipeout is more a world on itself.. i won't be able to turn off my console anymore, goodbye to social life and goodbye to real life..
    "hey, i had a girl once.. what was her name? Sara.. Clara? Oh nevermind, here comes another race!" g

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

hope your girl doesn't read that

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

I'm considering getting some insurance on my PS3 before HD comes out due to time I will spend playing it. I don't want to burn it out, but then again it's not a 360

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TheFrostE

sounds like a pretty sweet idea orange, i'd be down for it , and you know id be riding for my crew feisar, been with them since day one

Put me down. I'm crap, but would still have a go.

I'm in. But what team shall I race for, perhaps Feisar, until Icaras arrives in a download pack.
    Last edited by Argo91; 16th May 2008 at 02:43 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Greif

Even if wo hd didn't go much further than the standard online rankings, dedicated races could still be enough to set up a little semi pro league with ascent, relegation and organized events that take place in a certain interval. There are enough people around for that to realize. This site proves it. Godspeed and aim for the top!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    imkwheet

I'm in. AG SYS A GO-GO!

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

Hugo a go-go lol.

PSN ID
    humangoogle -OFW-

woo! batfink! I'm not the only 14 year old that watches cartoons!

I watch Johnny Test, Batman, Spiderman, Jane and the Dragon, and occasionally others. There's a bunch that they don't show anymore that I miss. They took Shaolin Showdown off. sniffle

PSN ID
    humangoogle -OFW-

Which batman series? The new one where the joker's got the really big grin Mr Freeze has that ice helmet-suit thing and the batmobile has that awesome blue afterglow effect?

I've watched every Batman series since Fox restarted the animated version of the mythos with ^Batman: The Animated Series^ in 1992. That is one is IMO still the best, but I've liked all of them since. Currently Warner Brothers network, about to be the CW network, is running the one I watch on Saturday mornings. When I actually am awake in the mornings.

I suspect that we may just possibly be wandering away from the thread topic.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Think so?

If the ships perform almost exactly like they do in Pulse in all aspects...I'm still sticking with AG Systems.

I know FEISAR is my avatar logo. But the Red and White are just godly all-around ships.

(post 777 - does this mean my computer will now dispense coins?)

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    BARTgai

Hehe, I'm afraid not And about FEISAR, don't feel bad, I'm in the US, but I could care less about Auricom. (sorry if I offended anyone)

Anyways, yeah, totally up for some sweet competition in high definition. No more tiny screen! We have a huge TV with surround sound and everything. HD on this thing is going to be epic.

I'll be flying the one and only FEISAR. Been with them since I started my WipEout experience with Pure, I wouldn't pick anything less. Sure the speed sucks, but I can pull of some sweet maneuvers in the beast.

European for the win!