Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Replays and Cockpit views?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    KingTalo

Lightbulb Replays and Cockpit views?

Any word on these two?

Pulse has actual detailing in the cockpits, so it begs the question will we be getting them back any time soon? Between GT5 and DiRT, it's almost a staple of modern racing games, i hope wipe-dizzle follows suit.

And proper, savable replays i can't imagine how many OMFG-moments i wish i could save, and i'm sure a lot of you feel the same way.

-KT

PSN ID
    infoxicated

There are no replays and there is no cockpit view.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

Wow, no replay? That is pathetic. To sacrifice replay for the sake of high-def...icky icky. Any regrets I'm having that I won't get a PS3 are pretty well gone. I can admire the pretty pictures from my PC from the HD website inbetween the glorious pixelated replays of Wip3out.

Tell me there is still an internal view, at least?

PSN ID
    infoxicated

You mean like a nose-cam?

Of course.

I agree that it's pathetic - somehow almost a decade and two generations of hardware ago, WipEout 3 could manage full race replays. It also had full race ghosts, too, not just the single lap variety that's become the norm.

Remember the truly amazing replays in the original Gran Turismo? You could even switch your viewpoint from car to car, and from internal view to external and with or without HUD! All on a little console with one 3 MegaHerz CPU, about 1 Meg of RAM [?] and tiny little memory cards.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

Yeah, that's technological advancement for you. Onwards and upwards...the stench rises...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AlbinoAce

Good times, goooooood times...

But it seems high-def takes priority now-a-days.

No replays is really gonna stink...in that case, the only way I could show you all my racing is online! (I would record my races during the actual race, but with the DVD recorder I use, there's a bit of lag between me pressing a button and the action actually being carried out which would hamper my racing ability - so yea, I make good use of replays...can't in HD, it seems.)

[sarcasm]Yep...technology is reeeeeeeeeal graaaaand...[/sarcasm]

PSN ID
    ummagumma88 /feel free to add me

Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    Remember the truly amazing replays in the original Gran Turismo? You could even switch your viewpoint from car to car, and from internal view to external and with or without HUD! All on a little console with one 3 MegaHerz CPU, about 1 Meg of RAM [?] and tiny little memory cards.
    i think that also ridge racers had replays.. am i wrong?
    anyway, i don't mind so much the absence of replays in a game...

With modern huuuuuge processors of great speed/frequency, plus harddrives or flash memory cards, there is just no reason why even better replays should not be done.

---------

Blix: Ridge Racer had very damn' little in the way of replays. The original wouldn't even show you a full lap, and you had no control over them.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Forza Motorsport 2 has full-race saveable replays where you can switch to every car, camera, whatever, so it IS possible nowadays. Real pity wipEoutHD won't have that...