Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 3 video's from the preview build..

PSN ID
    TearsToShreds

Certainly a big WOW factor here. I watched the streamed videos, and even in that horrific quality HD looks fantastic. The ships look great, and so do the enviroments (even though I don't like Wipeout's current style, but that's personal). Also have no problem with the HUD, it's just a HUD after all. The temptation to buy a PS3 suddenly becomes really hard to control.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Purely awesome videos, thx SL for providing me reasons to buy soon a ps3 !

Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    Ah. Self-confidence. Or something..
    Considering the accomplishments of other French players, self-confidence may be justified. Although you're from a different part of France than the Free French Flyers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradoxx View Post
    My nickname was "Free Division"
    Word is small, i met Free division through Wipeout fusion, years ago, i did joined his cool site he built with a friend. Few weeks ago Guillaume told me he was working in a gaming studio with a guy who knew me ! it was Paradoxx

Welcome aboard mate and in your new FFF familie

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

we complained a lot about the hud in another thread, but having now watched these videos on my projector while sitting in the same place as I will be while playing, I have a bit more insight into how they'll seem while playing.. and ironically.. I kinda wish the hud was a bit closer to the centre

I'm glad the shield meter is top centre, and the proximity display is great too. the two lower corners are pretty much unseen I think, but that's partly because their designs are too complex to be clear while focussing on where the track goes next.
    The same problem seems to afflict the position and lap count displays at the top corners. Their placement would probably be OK if their design was simpler/higher contrast.
    I stated earlier that I thought the hud moved around too much. I retract that.. it only seemed that way because I was actively looking at it. while watching the centre of the screen and concentrating on where the track goes, it's noticable that it's moving, but it looks about right.

I'd suggest that more of you try this simple test, choose a video of a track that you've played a lot on psp and focus on following the track with your eyes as if you were playing. see if you agree

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

you can actually adjust how far to the corners you want to push the HUD.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

^^
    Ooh, glad to hear that! The "centering" of the HUD elements was my major concern from watching the vids and picts from the most recent version of the game.