Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 3 video's from the preview build..

PSN ID
    rushinmonkey

Smile 3 video's from the preview build..

clicky

suggest sitting down before viewing if you are of an excitable disposition

PSN ID
    technicolour

Do mine eyes decieve me? Is that 2097 style edge grinding?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    IwannaTinkle

My freaking god!

Amazing!

Timezone
    GMT + 1

The graphics look absolutely amazing. I think HD is even floathier then Pulse. But the hud is seriously not good, I wished they kept the one from Pulse or even the one form Pure. Also when a ship is hit you see flames coming out of the cockpit, not really fond of that. All in all I think it is just going to be a superb game in the end.

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

Ooh, pilot death.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Graphics are top notch, no doubt. Looks floatier, alright. Gotta admit the HUD does look a tad better in motion somehow, but still not satisfying...

But hey, what speed class is this - 4 laps is usually indicative of rapier, but the speed wasn't there AT ALL. I sure hope that was venom...

Yeah the speed looked really slow. Had to be venom. It could be that the lap count isn't yet tied to the mode on that version.

On a technical level, the graphics do look impressive.

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

The ships look swollen and the track(s) look way too narrow.

Timezone
    GMT + 9
    PSN ID
    HISHO-JP-

Under sea tunnel of Vineta K is worse than Pure's...
    I can't feel under the sea...

But the other of HUD and speed feeling(I think it's flash) is great!

I wanna see Moa Therma video.

P.S.
    OldQirex.jpg
    Was this Qirex ship gone...?
    I like this Qirex ship better than current one.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I ADORE the Qirex ship in these videos! I was totally stunned by the detail!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

A few things:

The Qirex model in those videos is the final one, Egg mentioned somewhere that they changed the models (thank god for that!)
    The Vineta K tunnels look boring. No water refraction, nothing. The water on the glass looks strange, when I dive I have no such effect on my glasses...
    I wanna see clearly what's underwater!
    The flames are strange.
    The finish line laser still looks boring - give it more glow!
    the HUD is terrible, but not as terrible as it looked on those screens.

Question: Has anybody else had problems with playing the videos? I'm on my 2,16 Core 2 Duo MacBook with 2 GB RAM and the video only plays for a few seconds and then stops. Tried both, Quicktime and VLC, both have problems.
    My HDD is nearly full, just 5 GB left - maybe that's the reason?
    Never had problems with HD-videos. Actually the FullHD trailer plays without any framedrops.
    I wanna see them fluently
    Last edited by Sausehuhn; 19th March 2008 at 07:49 PM.

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

I do. When the vid starts I see this screen and I have to FF×120 for a split second. My 60gb ps3 has 16gig left, if it helps.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Hm... I get the first frame-stop at around 0:13... Maybe it's my video card. The MacBooks are really low-end when it comes to those.
    To many frames I guess... I should convert them down to 30fps or something...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Squallie

Quote Originally Posted by Sausehuhn View Post
    Question: Has anybody else had problems with playing the videos? I'm on my 2,16 Core 2 Duo MacBook with 2 GB RAM and the video only plays for a few seconds and then stops. Tried both, Quicktime and VLC, both have problems.
    It was exactly the same for me in those players.
    Use Media Player Classic (and CoreAVC..), it works and its not as heavy on the CPU as other players.

These movies was still a little slow on my PC though, but better than nothing.

edit: oh, you are on a macbook. dont know anything about mac.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Hm... I get the first frame-stop at around 0:13... Maybe it's my video card. The MacBooks are really low-end when it comes to those.
    To many frames I guess... I should convert them down to 30fps or something...
    the mp4 vid doesn't play smooth on my pc either (4GHz, 3 gig ram), so it might be the codec. Download the wmv instead - it's not quite as high-quality, but runs smoothly.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    cybrpnk

!!!

HOLY JEBUS!!!

This is insane...*hugs PS3*...agree with the comment on HD having a floatier feel...the craft once again seem like 2097 where they look like they're actually hovering on a cushion of air...bobbing up and down...very nice Studio Liverpool...

Bout the HUD...I'm impartial...but I reckon it CAN be better...nothing that has to replicate what miTDR did with the series...but nothing reminiscent off Fusion either...as I said, impartial, as long as gameplay is tight and I can speed through chicanes, haripins, sweeping curves at +1000kmh, I'm a happy chappy...

PS...love the little details on the craft like the blinky lights on the wing tips of the Feisar...yummmm...

Can't wait to take my skills online...long live AG-5Y5tems!!!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

Fun to have in-game vids to watch from preview code

One thing I do NOT like is the screen blur and the boost "forward" that is experienced when the ship goes over a boost pad-- that could get old really fast given the number of boost pads that are on some tracks.

Perhaps the boost feel is diminished when racing at faster speeds though...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Quote Originally Posted by eLhabib View Post
    But hey, what speed class is this - 4 laps is usually indicative of rapier, but the speed wasn't there AT ALL. I sure hope that was venom...
    I believe that four laps could also correspond to Flash, which would justify the slower speed.

A few things:
    The Vineta K tunnels look boring.
    The flames are strange.
    The finish line laser still looks boring - give it more glow!
    I have to agree with those three points, Vineta K is special because it has an underwater section, so it should look special.
    Also, the laser looked a bit better in the PSP games, since it has this misty effect around it, now it just looks like a bland red or green semi transparent line.
    And the flame effects are not strange, I believe they are ugly and do not add to the game at all. After all, the ship is protected by shields (Energy), when there is no more energy the ship explodes on the next impact. Why would the ship catch on fire if the shields take a hit? I cannot explain it. Also it looks like it's only the cockpit that catches on fire, and not the engine or the wing...

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

Admittedly, the HUD looks better in motion.
    But it's looking sweet! Coming from playing burnout, im fine with the boost forward effect but it looks like they've done an SSX for the music - when you get airborne (more so than you already are ), the music changes modulation or whatever (if anybody knows, can they tell me what it is). Really cool, but the way when you have a shield that sounds get muffled is a bit annoying.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Squallie

I also liked that the ships seems to have a good floaty feeling. However I still dont like the way they bump into the ground after a fall. Its not a car? Earlier games didn't have that, not in the same way..
    But otherwise looks pretty floaty yes!

The thing about the high FOV/blur/speed when going over boostpads was something I liked at first, but after seeing it for 2-3laps it felt like it got in the way of the flow.

Maybe it feels different when you are actually playing.

But it's also looking great. I want this game!