Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steering with sixaxis motion sensing

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    Sugar_from_OTW

egg mentioned on another thread that the motion control may not make it at all. I (as most people, I guess) panned the whole motion-control-for-steering thing, but after seeing the 1up preview, I started to get a little excited about it.

Angry

AAAAArrrrrghhhhhhhhh

No, I didn't !!!!

Way to distort a comment. I said I read an interview from SCEA where a guy said he didn't know whether it was going in. In fact, read it for yourself, you'll get the 'tone' of the interview.

http://www.crispygamer.com/_Generate...erview839.aspx

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I for one am glad that motion control is in the game because it looks like it is well implemented (It might be the first PS3 game to do that actually). As I said earlier I will try it out.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Wip3ou7pure

Sometimes I think I'm one of the only people in the world that have success with the SIXAXIS controls in games.... I find it to be HIGHLY accurate when the player using it is deliberate about their motions and angles. I will definately give the full SIXAXIS control scheme a try... but I will probably settle with the d-pad in the end. Not because I don't like SIXAXIS or think it's not accurate or responsive... but simply because I have over 10 years of practice piloting wipeout ships with the dpad, so that's bound to be the most natural to me.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Greif

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar_from_OTW View Post
    egg mentioned on another thread that the motion control may not make it at all.
    lol
    Good way to create a rumor. Read every second word and summarize.
    I guess that's what is called the 'Entropy of Information'.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Good way to get egg to stop posting.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Wip3ou7pure

I played F1: Championship Edition with the SIXAXIS steering and I thought it worked great.

I'm defo going to try it - wouldn't have bothered, but apart from the 1UP guys enthusing about it and saying it's really good. They said you need to practice for about 4 days or something to get anywhere near good. I love the idea of controlling pitch by lifting the controller - it was the one thing I found hard to do on Pure with so much else going on.

Timezone
    GMT -7

Has anyone on here played Warhawk?

You can use motion sensing in that game to control jet fighter type vehicles and it works brilliantly. Very fast, very accurate and very believable handling.

I think if the sixaxis is used as well for Wipeout HD the game should be incredible.

Another somewhat less relevant example of brilliant sixaxis control is High Velocity Bowling.

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

Quote Originally Posted by piper999 View Post
    Has anyone on here played Warhawk?
    Try and stop me! And welcome to the forums.

I tried the Sixaxis on it, thought it was "good" and went straight back to the sticks.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

I did some power boating in GTAIV last night and the sixaxis was great for it - probably because boats have that sort of fuzziness anyway. I cant see it being of much use with regards to steering precision, although I think it'd be useful for pitch control.

Timezone
    GMT -7

Quote Originally Posted by mdhay View Post
    Try and stop me! And welcome to the forums.

I tried the Sixaxis on it, thought it was "good" and went straight back to the sticks.
    Cheers!

Personally speaking I'm hoping for the option of acceleration and braking being done by the trigger buttons and all other steering to be done by sixaxis.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

You can do that in HD.

Timezone
    GMT + 2

Just thought I'd add my 2 cents .
    I tried the motion sensing controls for motor storm , ok I admit there was a sliight delay that was frustrating at first , but after about an hour or so I was completely used to it , could turn just as well as with the d-pad . I actually find it way more fun steering with the six-axis motion sensing , feels more relaxing .
    So even if it takes me a while to get good at using it with wipeoutHD , I'm definitely not going to go back to the d-pad . I feel way more immersed in the game using six-axis , it is definitely more fun and relaxing . And I'm not trying to be a world champion wipeout pilot.
    So .. immersion and fun is better than precision steering for me..
    Last edited by Linchpin; 21st June 2008 at 06:11 PM. Reason: broken fingers

PSN ID
    sakerbax

I'm not really interested in replacing the nub with motion sensing but using it to control pitch would be great especially if we get some feedback (like rumble) when we're not at the right angle, that would be really intuitive

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    Sugar_from_OTW

Quote Originally Posted by infoxicated View Post
    I did some power boating in GTAIV last night and the sixaxis was great for it -
    I thoght it worked well with the bike in the sixaxis tutorial. Once I got on the streets on a bike, however, it was really difficult.