Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wipeout HD trailer in the PSN, HD quality!

Timezone
    GMT -6

Very welcome! Glad you enjoy them!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Assimilator69

LOL my core 2 duo E6750 and 8600 gfx takes it up the behind and is all gerky massive sound picture lag.

Plays on PS3 fine

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

it's mostly a codec issue, not so much a hardware issue.
    for example it is unwatchable in media player classic with a fairly broad range of good codecs installed.
    but in quicktime on the same machine (p4 2.4c@3.0, 1gb ram, gf6600gt 128mb) it plays almost fine other than occasional frame drops

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

LOL my core 2 duo E6750 and 8600 gfx takes it up the behind
    That setup should definitely be fine! It's pretty powerful i reckon (at least compared to some of the other people *hint hint Lance * - my e6600 clocked to 3ghz and 8800 gts 512 runs it fine in quicktime)

Awesome trailer, especially in high definition - even bigger than my screen
    All that detail - wow!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Assimilator69

yeah running vista wmp with ffdshow codecs formaly ffdshow is ok but this time all holes are filled auggggg

PSN ID
    LilMaggot

Wow that trailer looks good in 1080p! I more exited than ever about Wipeout HD!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

It sure does,I just downloaded it onto the PS3 and watched it through a HD projector........I don't know if it's going to be playable through the PJ though.......You can get nauseous trying to play some WO tracks on a really big screen, but that might be more to do with all previous WO games having shown pixalation.
    They actually had the original WO available as a PS store download in Australia for a very short time....for $8 I thought I'd give it a shot.......Basically unplayable on the PS3 despite all the upscaling and smoothing......Oh well,the HD version will make up for it.
    Bring it on!
    Last edited by Asayyeah; 10th March 2008 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Quotation eliminated : read the Rules

Timezone
    GMT -6

blackwiggle, for a test you should try hooking Pulse up to the projector... if you have the ability to.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I have never tried it..........Suppose it could be done if I link up the PSP to the PS3,I mean I update the software through the PS3 and they are now running basically the same OS........I have never got to terms with the PSP truth be told,just to fiddly for me......I get too into the game and end up tilting the PSP to a point where I can't see what's happening momentarily and then CRASH!

Timezone
    GMT -6

If you can find someone with a slim PSP you could make use of its component out feature.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    They actually had the original WO available as a PS store download in Australia for a very short time....for $8 I thought I'd give it a shot.......Basically unplayable on the PS3 despite all the upscaling and smoothing...
    it's just a matter of growing accustomed to it. I play on a 720p projector too. it took me some serious getting used to.
    Also WipEout will still be in the store, you just can't see it because you've bought it.
    I have a fat PSP so I can't try pure or pulse on the jector either, but wipeout, 2097, and especially 3se look great on my wall

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Last edited by Asayyeah : 11th March 2008 at 06:18 AM. Reason: Quotation eliminated : read the Rules
    Edit/Delete Message

Please explain the double standard!
    Since above post has done Exactly the same as I did,

Besides that....I actually went out a bought PULSE....Tasty.....My long fingers are going to be fretting trying to get to grips with this one.....Initial thoughts are a far better game than Pure.

Come WOHD though....SEE YOU on the track!.........When we eventually get to HAVE it....
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 12th March 2008 at 03:48 PM.

If you're referring to Lion's post No. 31, he did not do exactly the same. The rule is to not quote in its entirety a post immediately ahead of your own, but if the post is large and refers to so many things that a reply to one of them would be difficult to reference, then one can quote the part of the post that one is replying to.

Timezone
    GMT -6

I happened upon this by accident today: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh7cmw6xN2c

WOW! The poster put it up on the 19th. The game looks nearly finished!

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

that's one of the gamersyde videos
    I downloaded all of them