Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bug reports

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    wichetael

Default Bug reports

I was thinking it a good idea to make a thread for bug reports so that our beloved devs can have a nice overview of the kind of things we encounter. Though before I get to the bug that I wanted to report today I wanted to ask our devs whether there will be any chance of a download patch some day in the future, is the game designed to accomodate such? Please give us a response on this instead of a long deadly silence, as it'd be a waste of time to produce an overview of bugs if there is no possible way they will ever be resolved for us.

Anyway, on to my bug for today:

• PSP: Phat
    • FW: 3.71 M33-4
    • MS: SanDisk Ultra II 4GB
    • Pulse: EU
    • DLC: Mirage/Icaras/Harimau/Auricom
    • Custom Sountrack: yes
    • Custom skins: no
    • Custom grids: no
    • Options: 0% music, 100% sfx, random, internal, flat, tags on, ghost off, load off, lang en

Okay, I was on the Harimau grid, just did the Orcus White SR venom, moved my cursor over to the Gemini Dam Black TT Flash and put the PSP in sleep. I turn my PSP back on and I enter the TT event I was on, instead of the TT event I get the Gemini Dam Black SL Venom, but with the TT 2.06 time limit for gold instead of the SL 0.35 time limit. I complete the event (with a shameful 0.35.75 fastest time) and I get a weird grid, which seems to have only one event, but the game doesn't seem to know what type of event (says NONE), here's a picture of the corrupted grid. I'm like huh, reboot my PSP and go back to the Harimau grid and see that I now have a gold medal for the TT event with a time of 0.35.75. (picture of the grid after reboot)

Bootnote: As I was writing this bug report I wanted to check the Harimau grid, so I go to race campaign and try to open the Harimau grid and I get a crash, the load screen appears, after a while there is just a straight line instead of the jumping one and a couple secs later my PSP turns off.

P.S. if other people want to add bug reports to this, please use the vbCode template below, and remember the 50k image rule, link to images or keep them small:

Code:
    [indent]
    [list]
    [*]PSP: Phat/Slim
    [*]FW: 
    [*]MS: 
    [*]Pulse: EU/NA
    [*]DLC: Mirage/Icaras/Harimau/Auricom
    [*]Custom Sountrack: yes/no
    [*]Custom skins: yes/no
    [*]Custom grids: yes/no
    [*]Options: % music, % sfx, sequential/random, internal/close/far, default/concave/flat/off, tags on/off, ghost on/off, load on/off, lang en/fr/de/es/it
    [/list]

Your bug description here

[/indent]
    Last edited by wich; 28th February 2008 at 05:28 PM.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

I think the idea of this thread is a good one. Should Sony ever deem us worthy enough of receiving a WipEout Pulse Special Edition with all the content on one disc and the bugs fixed, then I think it's worthwhile for the people who play the game with most scrutiny to compile a comprehensive bug report.

So the format above is good, and if you're going to reply using the format suggested then that's also good. But if you're not going to reply in that manner then I'll delete your post.

Let the bug reporting commence. Let the debate be elsewhere.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

• FW: multiple, both cfw and standard. currently 3.90 m33-2
    • MS: SanDisk 1Gb (the fluoro yellow one)
    • DLC: None
    • Custom Sountrack: no
    • Custom skins: yes
    • Options: close, default hud, tags on, lang en

When hosting a race, changing the track forces the ship appearance back to default.
    Applies whether attempting use of a custom skin or one of the native alternates.

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

• PSP: 1003 Series
    • FW: 3.90
    • MS: SanDisk 1Gb (Pro Duo)
    • DLC: None - I'm skint.
    • Custom skins: yes, but not for Feisar.
    • Custom grids: yes, but not using.
    • Options: close, default hud, tags on, lang en
    . Autopilot turns the ship into a fish on Mag - Strips, particularly on De konstruct's 180ºover track thingy.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    eastrain

PSP: 2000 Series
    FW: 3.90
    MS: Sony 4Gb
    Pulse: EU
    DLC: No
    Custom Sountrack: No
    Custom skins: Yes
    Custom grids: No
    Options: Varied

Not sure if it's a bug... anyone want to clarify:
    If I switch to concept skin, every other team uses concept skin as well. With Eliminator/Alternate skin choice, this doesn't happen...

I also find it interesting that while I do have a tiny bit of load time on switching to custom skins, I see a HUGE amount with the first time in ship selection that i choose the concept skin.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

• FW: 3.71
    • MS: 4gb sony
    • Custom Sountrack: 30 tracks
    • Custom skins: One ag sys skin
    • Options: 100% music, 100% sfx, sequential, close, flat, tags on, ghost on, load on, lang en

Disappearing HUD glitch when you have played too many races (without going back to XMB), leading to subsequent freezes. Notably, this happens far far far less on my Slim, possibly due to extra memory?

PSN ID
    stin_wz

• PSP: Slim
    • FW: 3.73
    • MS: SanDisk MS Pro Duo Magic Gate 2GB
    • Pulse: Euro and NA
    • Custom Sountrack: no
    • Custom skins: yes, but not anymore
    • Custom grids: yes
    • Options: 100% music, 100% sfx, sequen, close, default, tags on, ghost on, load on, lang en
    After loading to enter a race, coming to intro then, normally I pressed it right away ,but it`s freezes and I decided to leave an intro slightly longer than normal to prevent it. But I`m getting used to it.

stevie
    Last edited by stin; 26th March 2008 at 08:13 AM. Reason: added version

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Brica

• FW: 3.71 M33
    • MS: Sony 4GB
    • Options: 75% music, 100% sfx, random, close, concave, tags on, ghost on, load on, lang fr

When i've been using one of the downloadable ships (so that it appears as default on the ship selection screen) and then get online, the PSP freezes when i'm entering a game and try to choose a ship. Instead of team name, there's a font bug like 2 names one on another. It always freezes while displaying the Assegai ship (1st of the list…).
    I guess this happens because my default ship should be one of the downloadable teams, but they can't be used in multiplayer.
    All i can do then is reboot.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

PSP: Phat
    FW: 3.72 official Sony
    MS: Sony 1GB
    DLC: Mirage/Icaras/Harimau/Auricom
    Custom Sountrack: yes (6 custom tracks added, a few non-custom soundtracks turned off)
    Custom skins: yes (3 different ones)
    Custom grids: yes (1)
    Options: 100% music, 100% sfx, random, internal view, default hud, tags on, ghost on, load on, lang en

This bug has happened to me twice now: I set up a new single race in multiplayer mode, name TomatoJoe. A few other players jump in. I quit the race (once by accident, once because my phone rang) and after a while set up anothe race with the same name as the first race I set up. The game tells me "this race alreay exists". I then go into the multiplayer arena, find the game named TomatoJoe and join it. Once the race starts, there's myself twice on the list of players at the top of the screen. At the end of the race there are the two players called TomatoJoe shown, one after each other, on the results screen, one has my race time shown correctly and the other one shows "racing". I checked my online profil after each race and even though I finished first in both races the wins were not counted, the races however were.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Delci

• FW: 3.92
    • MS: PRO Duo
    • Pulse: NA
    • Custom Sountrack: Yes
    • Custom skins: No
    • Custom grids: No
    • Options: 100% music, 100% sfx, random, far, concave, tags on, ghost off, load on, en

Not sure if this is really a bug, as much as it is a coincidence...a really weird one at that...but I was in the far right Eliminator event on Grid 10, in The Amphiseum Black, and just before I left the corridor that leads to the huge U-turn, the warning-voice spoke up, and said, "Quake. Quake. Quake. Quake. Quake."
    Surely this couldn't mean there were five Quakes headed towards me. I thought it was just warning me that one of the contenders might use a Quake, and their craft was passing in and out of 'warning' range, which caused the warning to repeat itself.
    I was wrong. I was hit by five - yes, five - Quake blasts, one after the other, each after I thought it was over (and yes, I was eliminated). This struck me as incredibly odd...that five of the A.I. would have the same weapon? Maybe it was a glitch in how the weapons are randomized?

PSN ID
    infoxicated

• FW: 3.92
    • MS: Sony 8Gb
    • Options: 100% music, 50% sfx, random, close, flat, tags on, ghost off, load off, lang en

Bug Description

Coming out of sleep mode in the top level menu I went down to through racebox to track select, then changed my mind and backed up to the top level menu again. The picture of the track from the track select screen stayed above the the other menus, even when I went back to the track select screen and away from it again. Cured with a reboot.

Additional Info
    Picture of bug on screen: http://www.flickr.com/photos/infoxicated/2358664683/

PSP: Fat
    FW: 3.93 OFW
    MS: Sony 4GB
    DLC: None
    Custom Sountrack: yes
    Custom skins: no
    Custom grids: no
    Options: 100% music, 75% sfx, random, close, flat, tags on, ghost on, load off, lang en

Bug: At Amphiseum White, Phantom, at the end with the big jump, I jumped off and performed my barrel roll a little too late, landed on my back, stayed that way and energy going off. Eventually died.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

• FW: 3.93
    • MS: Sony 4GB
    • Options: 100% music, 100% sfx, random, internal, concave, tags on, ghost off, load on, lang en

Your bug description here:
    While racing online, versus only one player on Tech de Ra White Flash, the other player laid down mines on the curve before the bridge. The mines stayed visible throughout the entire race. (They were not new mines - the same ones.)

PSN ID
    ummagumma88 /feel free to add me

PSP:fat
    FW:3.92
    MS:sandisk 2GB
    PULSE:EU
    DLC:none
    custom soundtrack:yes
    custom skins:yes
    custom grids:no
    options: 100% music, 100% sfx, random, close, tags on, ghost off, load off, lang en

Short list of bugs:

• almost everytime i start a tournament with a custom ship skin, it disappears (the skin) after the second race.
    • sometimes the game frezee when i pause to choose a song from my custom soundtrack.
    • in the ship selection screen, it always takes more than five seconds to pass from an "original" ship to a downloaded one; when that loading takes more than five seconds (it happens when i push the buttons too quickly) the game suddenly freeze..

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

• FW: 3.90 M33-2
    • MS: 4GB Sony
    • Pulse: NA
    • Options: 100% music, 100% sfx, random, internal, concave, tags on, ghost on, load on, lang en

Same as Delci but this time on Moa Therma White in Phantom, on the roller coaster magstrip... Three quakes in a row, in single race. There were three contenders eliminated, thankfully my AGS survived because it had 100% shields and I even finished first. The AI was set to hard, but I can't believe that they all had quakes "normally". There is definitely something up there... I had a Quake Quake — Quake warning and I freaked out because I had read Delci's post prior to it happening.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    packetmon

* PSP: Slim
    * FW: 3.90
    * MS: Sony
    * Pulse: NA
    * DLC: not yet
    * Custom Soundtrack: yes
    * Custom skins: yes
    * Custom grids: no
    * Options: close, lang en, don't remember the others

Was in an online game on Moa Therma White hosted by someone else.
    triple_lei was there.
    First thing I noticed is that the HUD and view of the track was tweaked.
    Viewpoint was further above the track than usual.
    Perspective lines of the track were hosed and it looked like the ships were pointing inwards and they were bigger.
    After the GO! the viewpoint went higher - way higher.
    I was looking down at my ship and really couldn't control it at all.
    Looked up at the player list and I was listed up there twice.
    Seemed like I was really controlling some other ship I couldn't really see.
    Highly recommend this one!

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    specialDFX

* PSP: Slim
    * FW: 3.73
    * MS: Sony 2Gb
    * Pulse: NA
    * DLC: NA
    * Custom Sountrack: yes
    * Custom skins: yes
    * Custom grids: no
    * Options: 100% music, 100% sfx, random, close, concave, tags on, ghost off, load on, lang en

Had to triple-check to make sure this wasn't here already...

Multiplayer, I appear to be the only one racing at all, and evidently vice versa for my opponents. Other racers remain at starting line for entire race, but I can see weapons being fired by invisible ships, mines and bombs lying about. I am credited with the win no matter what. Happens about 20% of the time.

Timezone
    GMT + 8

PSP: Slim
    FW: 3.71
    MS: 2gig Sandisk
    Custom Sountrack: Yes
    Custom skins: No
    Custom grids: No
    Options: Music & SFX 100%, random, close, concave, tags off, ghosts on

Editing my post. I've noticed that whatever ships Alternate or Eliminator skin I choose, the field ALWAYS have theirs. I've found another bug;

After having raced a few races, with the next one I started, the Position marker didn't have any numbers in it( / ) and also after completing a lap the Split Timer didn't show up. Next up I did an Eliminator, but this time neither the 'CONTENDER ELIMINATED' or Lap Marker showed up.

Finished that event and went to check my stats, but then my PSP froze, and after 10 seconds shut down completely (still had over half battery)
    This may or may not have something to do with me starting an Eliminator event on my lunch break at work and resuming it 4 hours later...
    Last edited by Harvai; 25th April 2008 at 02:23 PM.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

• FW: 3.90
    • MS: SanDisk 4GB gaming
    • Pulse: US
    • DLC: All
    • Custom Sountrack: Yes
    • Custom skins: Yes
    • 100% music, Random
    • 100% sfx
    • Far View
    • Default HUD

Your bug description here

If you try to select a custom ship skin AND a song from your own custom soundtrack the first selection you made is forgotten by the game. So if you select your custom song first then choose your custom ship skin when the race loads it won't play the song you selected and vice versa it forgets the skin choice if you made that first.

PSN ID
    humangoogle -OFW-

PSP: Phat (1000-series)
    FW: bug noticed on FW's 3.71-4.05
    MS: Sony Magicgate memory stick pro duo 1GB
    Pulse: EUR
    Custom Soundtrack: bug noticed with and without
    Custom skins: See above
    Music: all options tried, no difference
    SFX: 100%
    Close View
    Concave HUD

when playing music in the psp XMB, pressing home or select and selecting pulse under GAME will produce a static FX300 logo instead of the FX400.
    Last edited by omega329; 6th September 2008 at 01:55 PM.