Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: too hard?

thanks for the advice!

practice is starting to pay off...I got through the outpost 7s!

now have 168 golds out of 168 races completed.

I noticed something:

head to head is REALLY easy. The comp seems to be less challenging when it's a single comp as compared to the races...or maybe its because they don't have weapons.

also, I used autopilot on the killer curve section of outpost 7, and it was beautiful how the craft slid sideways and glided on the speedpads....god I wish I could do that someday.

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

...god I wish I could do that someday.
    You will son, you will.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    phl0w

I don't think he will, because the AP neglects the game's physics. You will never be able to take the O7 corners like the AP. Then again, with practice you'll take other tricky sections much faster than the AP.

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

Well...you know what I mean - make hair-pins without slaming into the side-wall.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

It's possible if you let go of the accelerator, slam on the respective airbrake while turning as hard as possible and sideshifting on exit.

Not quite like Autopilot but very easy in a maneuverable ship like FEISAR, AG Systems or Assegai.

ahhh...the side shift is something I never remember to use

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    eastrain

I always end up accidentally sideshifting when i want to get a little light airbraking happening...oddly enough, it usually works out for me though...
    Personally I love O7, but you're right, Black is a lot more about dedicated trail and error to find out where you can make big leaps ahead of the pack.. on the upside- going either way, inside the section with the raised track, you can get 3 rolls easily before exiting.. i love track border ramps for just that reason... something i find seriously missing from Pure, except on Sol where you can do it off the corner of the wings to shave off a good chunk of time, and one of the classic tracks i'm having trouble remembering... Pulse really brings back that gritty, try crazy things I've missed since fusion let you glitch your way around loops and other wacky things.

Timezone
    GMT -6

I use the **** out of the side shift technique. It really ****s me up when I go back to WO & XL/2097. Takes days to unlearn.

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

Lol, same here - had that problem at last year's USA tourney

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

I tried playing some 2097 last night.. and I just can't stop attempting to sideshift on odessa keys
    it's frustrating :\

PSN ID
    TearsToShreds

Surprisingly I don't have trouble at all adjusting to older W'O games after Pulse. Seems like those old games are stored elsewhere in my brain. Out of all the Wipeouts I still have the most problems with 2097, although not with Odessa Keys.