Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: too hard?

Default too hard?

This is the first wipeout game I've ever played, so there was a significant learning curve (as it is very different from most racing games)

I now feel that I am at an intermediate level (I have 111 golds from the first 10 grids) but have hit a speed bump with that crazy outpost 7 level. Cant even get bronze with my assegai.

I'm the type that doesn't like to move on to a new grid unless I get all golds in the current grid, so this is a frustrating obstacle...and I feel I can't get any better.

this game is too hard!

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

The game is too hard because you can't crack one track?

Outpost 7 referring more to the black is a complete disaster, offering little enjoyment hence the less than 50 laps I have on my records but not impossible by any means. Just do a long eliminator or some speed lap sessions on it to practice.

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

Perhaps its not the track but you choice in racing craft - assagai (imo) is a beginner's ship, even more so than feisar. Try using Piranha or ag-sys....or Qirex if you dare.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapier Racer View Post
    The game is too hard because you can't crack one track?

Outpost 7 referring more to the black is a complete disaster, offering little enjoyment hence the less than 50 laps I have on my records but not impossible by any means. Just do a long eliminator or some speed lap sessions on it to practice.
    well it's only grid 10, so there are 6 more grids, which are only going to get harder...which doesn't bode well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by q_dmc12 View Post
    Perhaps its not the track but you choice in racing craft - assagai (imo) is a beginner's ship, even more so than feisar. Try using Piranha or ag-sys....or Qirex if you dare.
    well, outpost 7 is deadly because of the killer turns, I don't think I'll do better with a vehicle with less handling

I guess I'll just practice it more
    Last edited by Lance; 23rd February 2008 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Merged two immediately consecutive posts from same person.

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

you never know.....less handling means more drifting...

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Which could also mean more wall

*Shakes fist at Assegai beginner ship label people*

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

hehe, wanna fight about it?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    o3pcah

just keep racing. on o7 it can easily feel as if you dont get better, but at some point it makes "click" and then it just works. the hardes enemy might be the weapons of the others, cause you cant change them .

heh. I knew that was coming when I saw the earlier Assegai description.

Timezone
    GMT -5

Which could also mean more wall

I second that notion a bit. I was using Piranha before picking up Assegai. I was picking up golds but it just wasn't as easy as it is with Assegai. I'm sure I'll go back to Piranha since it's the fastest ship and also since I magically discovered how to enter and exit corners better through Assegai.