Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: How much better would this game look at 333 cpu?

Default How much better would this game look at 333 cpu?

I believe someone said that they were testing using 333 but scrapped it and stuck with 222 speed because of multiplayer. My question is in what ways would the graphics be improved if full cpu usage were utilized?

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

fluidity

yeah I figured that framerates may be increased, although I think the framerates are good as it is (I haven't noticed a slowdown yet)

I was wondering if with the extra cpu, the developers would've included even more eye candy
    Last edited by Lance; 23rd February 2008 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Redundant quote removed; please read the guidelines.

Not unless the PSP magically grew a load more memory ...

Internal expansion cards?

hmmm..........

Quote Originally Posted by Egg View Post
    Not unless the PSP magically grew a load more memory ...
    well, I think the psp slim has double the memory of the phat psp. but not sure if developers can utilize that, since it may deprive phat owners.

Phat owners must have been on a diet.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

My only personal graphical complaint with Pure/Pulse is with framerate-- I think the games otherwise look fantastic.

And honestly, in time trial and zone modes, the framerate is really good too

PSN ID
    Bastou85 - 3.90 M33-2 333mhz

I'll have to try what it looks like on default cpu speed then, I started playing the game at 333 so I can't really tell you the difference. All I can say is that it's even more fluid than Pure running at 333 cpu which is already a marvelous improvement and for nothing in the world would I play it on default speed ever again.

Sorry for the late reply, I'm new to the forum. I hope it's ok to resurrect 2 weeks old threads.

To give you an idea there is no difference in framerate between zone and regular tracks with contenders at 333.

It's much smoother, but should really not be taken online or records should not be recorded with, since the framerate helps you get better times(tested with nephew). Tracks like outpost is where it is really much smoother in single race hard level(read 10 fps vs probably 30 fps). Recording times on the wipeout site with it on is cheating. And even though I like playing with it against Isaac(my nephew), I do not use it otherwise unless everyone else would be using it(private room or something). I'm just curious as to how many people are using it for wipeout-game.com times?