Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sweet Weekly TT Challenge - Comments - (Feb)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Chrono11

Default Sweet Weekly TT Challenge - Comments - (Feb)

It's the Sweet Weekly TT Challenge

This Week's Challenge is: Metropia Black (Flash)
    Deadline: Feb. 3rd 1700 GMT

Week 1: Metropia Black (Flash) [FINAL SUN Feb 3rd]
    Best Lap
    1. KANDANG 24.83 Piranha
    2. Asayyeah 24.84 Piranha
    3. DjManiac 25.50 Piranha
    4. il_NIK 25.61 Piranha
    5. stin 25.67 Piranha
    6. Tomahawk 25.72 Piranha
    7. Alterego 25.85 Piranha
    8. Frances Penfold 25.98 Piranha
    9. Borell 26.06 Qirex
    10. Chrono 26.39 Piranha
    11. zargz 26.76 Assegai
    12. Medusa 26.79 AG-Systems
    13. Stardragon88 27.23 EG-X
    14. Therealmat 27.67 Piranha
    Total Time
    1. KANDANG 1.45.04
    2. Asayyeah 1.46.20
    3. DJManiac 1.47.38
    4. il_NIK 1.47.59
    5. stin 1.47.91
    6. Tomahawk 1.48.82
    7. Alterego 1.49.60
    8. Borell 1.49.86
    9. StarDragon88 1.50.54
    10. Frances Penfold 1.50.89
    11. Medusa 1.52.43
    12. Chrono 1.53.25
    13. Therealmat 1.54.67
    Ok here we are. Asayyeah told me to try and update this thread for Pulse, but this week I want to get some feedback. The challenges will start Sunday the 27th.

This front page will be constantly updated with the month's races, I'll also end cap every challenge with the standings. The way we're going to have threads (I think) is every month, a new thread. Old month threads will be merged onto one thread for challenge. This should make things a lot easier to handle for the competitors, as you wont have to cycle through 55 pages for that week's challenge.

Dj came up with a great idea for points. First of all, what should points be awarded for? I intially just thought for the best laps, but I don't know if y'all want points awarded for total race time as well. Personally, I don't focus on total time as much as lap, but what's the general feeling? The way I looked at it, more points should be awarded for more players. Example: four people compete, winner takes in 4 points, 9 people compete winner takes home 8 (and all subsequent competitors awarded properly). This way if you don't have time one week, or just don't like the track, you can probably afford to take the points hit, and still have a chance to catch up the next week. This also encourages more players to compete.
    As far as a points leaderboard, at first, we'll keep it on a monthly basis, so if new people join the challenge at month 5, they are still fighting for the month. I'll keep track of all the points, so maybe have the true total points leaderboards updated monthly or so, for suspense. =P

OK, so let me hear from y'all. I really don't wanna screw this up so give me some ideas. Vets, especially, just let me know how to make this shine like the Pure challenge.
    I think that's all I got for now, I might edit this later if I have more. I'm hungry lunch time
    Last edited by Chrono; 3rd February 2008 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Final Updates

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    KANDANG

race times should be more important instead of lap times. Race times show a players ability / skill to stay focused throughout the laps required.

If lap times are gonna be of more importance, maybe call it sweet speed lap challenge instead?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Chrono11

No, well keep it in the same TT format as previous challenges, posting your best race and lap. I could do different score boards for time and lap. That might work out alright.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Flashback_Jack

Quote Originally Posted by KANDANG View Post
    race times should be more important instead of lap times.
    Interesting perspective. Way I look at it, lap times demonstrate a higher concentration of focus over what would be the shortest possible interval. Run a terminally fast lap, and the clarity earned from all the practice virtually guarantees a face race, little if any further demonstration necessary. It's only since Pulse's release that I've even entertained the idea of setting race records, personally.

- F
    Last edited by Asayyeah; 22nd January 2008 at 09:09 PM. Reason: double posting deleted

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    KANDANG

i'd rather put more energy in trying to stay focused on 5 laps of phantom
    than to try and get the fastest time for one lap.

it's harder to do so too

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Chrono11

Well, the way it looks now, best total time and best lap will be treated as two different entities once submited. Two seperate scoreboards.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

That is perfect for me to race lap & racerecord : 2 choices of competiting : everyone will be happy i am sure.
    About all the pts system , i don't really matter , you can adopt what you think is better, last year Romano did a fantastic job with that exel sheet document resuming all the 28 tracks and giving pts and various stats.

Other things that come in mind : i d like faster people share their lines and give tips to newcomers to reach a better level : we need to help eachothers and respect their performance, i am sure pilots will improve their skill easily along the whole TT challenge of Pulse. Think to Romano, he was discovering a new game on a new console and started the Pure TT challenge with us friendly, ok at the beginning of the weeks he was quite far, but progressively he reached an amazing level, beating Madice, Lunar or me on few tracks.
    That is what i am expecting here : pilots who enjoy racing this kind of mini challenges.

You can make various speed class challenge depending on difficult track or not to have the largest audience of members possible,competing together in TT.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

I'm all for the fastest race time. It seems to be more strategic for learning how to race online...but that's just me!! So...what's this week's challenge?? Really doesn't matter to me how you add up points, I'll just read the race times, lol. P.S. Please do me a favour and don't start this challenge with Outpost 7...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

I'm with Flashback_Jack in thinking that lap times are where the real fun is at in time trials

But I'll happily participate in both race and lap times-- as others have suggested, if we just keep them as separate tables it will allow people to participate as they see fit.

So... bring on the first challenge My vote is for NOT Outpost 7 and NOT phantom speed... let's break things in slowly

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

Alrighty then, let's start with Outpost 7 Black Phantom...
    j/k, j/k

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Chrono11

The track for sunday is NOT Outpost 7, it is, however, phantom speed

PSN ID
    Therealmat

This sunday?
    I had better get in some practice.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

So.... the identity of the track will be revealed this coming Sunday, and we will have one week to submit our best times (including best lap and best race)? I'm ready!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Chrono11

Yea, and submissions will be in the usual format, so both your best lap and total time have to come from the same race.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

Sounds good, but, errr, but I thought we decided that this was a fastest lap and fastest race competition? So speed laps don't count-- the fastest lap has to be in the time trial record?

Just want to make sure I understand

If this is the plan, perhaps there is interest in having a separate speed lap challenge each week? Or perhaps there isn't enough of a Wipeout Pulse community at the moment to have TWO ongoing challenges per week.
    Last edited by Frances_Penfold; 26th January 2008 at 02:07 AM. Reason: clarity

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Chrono11

One more day to discuss rules.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    IwannaTinkle

Im in! Ill be sure to take a chance whenever I get a headache from playing Paradise

I sure hope we get a pack soon
    Last edited by DjManiac21; 26th January 2008 at 07:36 PM. Reason: not host, u idiot...:P

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

Quote Originally Posted by Chrono View Post
    One more day to discuss rules.
    Yes, hopefully more folks will visit this thread and tell us what they want

My feeling is that the challenge should include a "fastest lap" element, where the fastest lap can be set in either "Time Trial" or "Speed Lap" events. Some of us wipers really like speed lap mode (or in Wipeout Pure, free play mode) so I think inclusion of speed lap in the way will increase participation by the community.

But, if I am in the minority in feeling this way, I understand-- and will participate in a Time Trial only challenge

I am willing to run an independent speed lap challenge as a separate thread, but worry that might cannabilize from participation in this challenge, which I don't want to happen...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

I am for race & lap challenge done not only intot the racetime.
    MAybe starting immediately by phantom could lower enthusiasm of newcomers.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Chrono11

Exclamation

This Week's Challenge is: Metropia Black (Flash)

Final times must be submitted by Sunday, February 3rd, 1700 GMT

Before going off to work on your time, let me clarify a couple things from the previous posts. Fastest lap times may be set in Speed Lap or TT. If you're submitting times for both fastest lap and race, please clearly identify your fastest time.

If there are any questions, PM me or Asayyeah.

All times will be listed on the FIRST post in this thread. Happy racing, GL week 1