Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WPP: Wipeout Pulse Papercrafts

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    eastrain

Quote Originally Posted by alien99 View Post
    Is there any chance to export them (the models) into other formats suitable for me. I need the geometry (mesh) only. The textures and mapping I´m doing myself. I need format that can be opened (or imported) with 3D Studio MAX 5.1 or AutoCad 2000.....That means this types of files... dxf,3ds,max(5),dwg(2000)..
    I saw in your pages that picture with the craft mesh similar to the MAX interface , true?
    It makes my work much easier if you help me with this problem....Jan
    I'm currently using Max 2008 (just grabbed the trial to see how different it is from 7 - last version I used heavily), but I'll convert them all and post on my site in a few minutes. I just figured that the original export files would be the best choice.

Quote Originally Posted by HISHO[JP] View Post
    I can export to Metasequoia format(.mqo).
    Metasequoia can export to dxf, 3ds(shereware version only), and some format.

Do you (papercraft maker and skin creaters) want it?

EDIT:
    Defor, I think you should include alternative ship skin textures for skin creaters if they are availavle.
    Personally, I haven't jumped on the metasequoia bandwagon, although most Japanese software packages use the format I find. Feel free to do whatever you want with the files, I'm currently looking into using them with ARToolkit for realtime skin visualization and motion simulation.

Alternative textures...
    I have already ripped these, the high-palette normal textures, and the eliminator skins out of the game, but I believe that providing them would be a violation of the copyrights on the game UMD as well as discussion of the process being a violation of site rules as the process involves custom firmware, and I'd prefer to keep this discussion legitimate and covered by the site rules.

IF you are interested to learn the alternative skin extraction method, I will outline the process on my website by day's end. I will NOT, however, provide the files, unless given express permission by the moderators (many of whom work for SL).

AS an addendum, I fully support and love SL/Psygnosis's work on the Wipeout fanchise, I just want to stay on the good side of the community, as a few of my previous UMD wadfile/website dissasembly attempts were seen as negative to the community.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    eastrain

DXF files are posted on my site (http://www.eastrain.com)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Alienspapercraft

Defor thanx for this little babies

It makes the work much easier.....

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    eastrain

/me points out the flipped normal on auricom's left airbrake, and where'd icaras go?

got delayed in what you had asked about last night, my cable modem was out, but it's coming, along with a little handy dandy tool i'm writing up.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Alienspapercraft

I have my own Icaras created from the "blueprins" and reference pics...this group is the rest bunch of work I must bring to life

BTW...Im unfolding the MIRAGE model for testing.....Must manual create the cockpit glass and optimalize the pilot inside,but it si really quick....

...........request deleted.......for safety of course...
    Last edited by alien99; 26th February 2008 at 06:48 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    eastrain

I'll tackle the Pure issues (textures and models) after I finish writing a few new tools for Pulse, but for reference, I'm pretty sure UMD disassembly is one of those topics that's not to be discussed on WZ as it involves CF to some extent. I'll put a forum up for these discussions outside of WZ in a little bit.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

At least this shows that there are people out there that use custom firmwares not only to play the latest ISOs available.
    It's nice to see that they use it for something good

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Alienspapercraft

Quote Originally Posted by defor View Post
    I'll tackle the Pure issues (textures and models) after I finish writing a few new tools for Pulse, but for reference, I'm pretty sure UMD disassembly is one of those topics that's not to be discussed on WZ as it involves CF to some extent. I'll put a forum up for these discussions outside of WZ in a little bit.

I agree.....lets talk about papercrafts

{scans for improper discussions; doesn't see anything at the moment}
    {And I'd better nOt see anything, either.}

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Alienspapercraft

....Hm ...I´m working on 2 ships right now....

Icaras

...will be on 2 pages..model is unfolded ...the harder part
    stand befor me...texturing the hull.

Mirage

Unfolding this craft from original 3d model was pretty easy...
    but like in the case before must texturize all the unfolded surfaces.

....with my "better-resolution" texture...for sure

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    eastrain

just a note- remember that the airbrakes flip up from the back in pulse.. thus, you're going to want a reverse texture on them as well as changing/creating a hinge point, as the models currently employ floating polys for them.

what software do you unfold with anyway?

/me is still aching for pure and pulse ag-sys

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Alienspapercraft

I´m using an old Tenkai ....Pepakura is his follower

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Alienspapercraft

I´m completing my past papercraft (Therran Cannon) so the pulse models
    are sooo slow in completing process...but I´m still working on them

..mirage specially

It's looking great! Can't wait to see these come together.

PSN ID
    technicolour

I loved your WipEout Pure crafts and made them all! I really hope that we eventualy see all the pulse craft, as they're absolutely gorgeous

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Alienspapercraft

after the long break (the papercraft of the cannon is finished and my pages are updated) I will continue in this (like someone wrote) epic thread
    ....First of I´ll probably make the ag-systems craft from PURE...

after that I´ll continue with the PULSE ICARAS....the Dogg Thang texture is still awesome and will be as a optonal texture....MIRAGE craft is stopped (for a while).

I have a question: can someone (sausehuhn for ecxample) make some screenshots of the MIRAGE on the track...with the all flashing lights on?..I have not the additional game pack and the ship skin editor does not show the flashing lights

and...sorry for a long no responding....As I wrote in PURE thread...I am a human only
    Last edited by alien99; 31st October 2008 at 04:11 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Dusk118

Hey, are you ever going to finish these? I'm looking forward to the Pure Tigron and Pulse EG-X. As far as the Pulse ships go, you should make blank templates in case people want to create their own skins.

Well, I guess the guy won't come back... His last activity on wipeoutzone was more than a year ago...
    Anyways, I'd like the Harimau or the Piranha from Pure...