Quote Originally Posted by alien99 View Post
Is there any chance to export them (the models) into other formats suitable for me. I need the geometry (mesh) only. The textures and mapping I´m doing myself. I need format that can be opened (or imported) with 3D Studio MAX 5.1 or AutoCad 2000.....That means this types of files... dxf,3ds,max(5),dwg(2000)..
I saw in your pages that picture with the craft mesh similar to the MAX interface , true?
It makes my work much easier if you help me with this problem....Jan
I'm currently using Max 2008 (just grabbed the trial to see how different it is from 7 - last version I used heavily), but I'll convert them all and post on my site in a few minutes. I just figured that the original export files would be the best choice.

Quote Originally Posted by HISHO[JP] View Post
I can export to Metasequoia format(.mqo).
Metasequoia can export to dxf, 3ds(shereware version only), and some format.

Do you (papercraft maker and skin creaters) want it?

EDIT:
Defor, I think you should include alternative ship skin textures for skin creaters if they are availavle.
Personally, I haven't jumped on the metasequoia bandwagon, although most Japanese software packages use the format I find. Feel free to do whatever you want with the files, I'm currently looking into using them with ARToolkit for realtime skin visualization and motion simulation.

Alternative textures...
I have already ripped these, the high-palette normal textures, and the eliminator skins out of the game, but I believe that providing them would be a violation of the copyrights on the game UMD as well as discussion of the process being a violation of site rules as the process involves custom firmware, and I'd prefer to keep this discussion legitimate and covered by the site rules.

IF you are interested to learn the alternative skin extraction method, I will outline the process on my website by day's end. I will NOT, however, provide the files, unless given express permission by the moderators (many of whom work for SL).

AS an addendum, I fully support and love SL/Psygnosis's work on the Wipeout fanchise, I just want to stay on the good side of the community, as a few of my previous UMD wadfile/website dissasembly attempts were seen as negative to the community.