Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 100k on all ships?

PSN ID
    humangoogle -OFW-

Default 100k on all ships?

Anyone wondering if there is a special reward for 100k on all ships? 'cause I sure am...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

A massive boost to your "time spent playing" stats?
    8 D

Seriously though, I really doubt it, mostly because there was no special reward for all golds in Pure, but that's quite a goal to shoot for if you want to verify. That'd be an accomplishment for the books, I'm sure.

PSN ID
    humangoogle -OFW-

It'll be one hell of an achievement, zone mode seems the best way. In theory, lets say that zone 60 gave you 1000 points (you messed up a load of perfect laps ok?) now thats 1000 points in 10mins (60x10=600secs), your going to need 800 000 for 100k with all ships (excluding the downloads) which means you're gonna need to put in [(1000ptsx100zone mode runs=100 000pts) 100z.m.r.x10mins=1000mins] 16hrs, 40mins for one 100k ship, now for 8 ships thats going to be 133hrs, 20mins of constant zoning, just under 100hrs of your good and get 1500 for 60 zones...

100-133hrs for 100k on JUST the non download ships?

I've gone wrong somewhere...
    nope, looks ok to me.

Including the downloads (12 ships including the non dlc ones) the figure jumps to 150-200hrs

I think I've just put a lot of people off the idea of 100k on all ships

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

I think I will settle for 100k on the 3 or 4 ships that I use regularly

Right now I alternate between AGS and Pirrhana, depending on the track, the speed class and the nature of the event. Right now I'm at 100k for AGS and ~70k for Pirrhana.

Other ships that I may work on include Assegai, Icarus and Mirage.

But, no, I won't be going through to get 100k everywhere-- too much work and some of the ships aren't particularly good for time trialing, which is where I spend most of my efforts

My salute to anybody that does decide to do this!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    phl0w

My salute to anybody that does decide to do this!
    Saluting idiocy?
    I don't know, but 100k on all ships doesn't sound like an achievement to me, there's no skill involved in doing so, can't think of a greater waste of time.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Yeah, a better way to waste your time is to post insults on a forum.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    phl0w

And where, exactly, did I insult anybody?
    Is it an insult to tell people it's stupid to quit school, to watch TV all day long, or wash your car 7 days a week? I just don't get how in gaming distorted perspectives get tolerated and even worse saluted

"and so long as I draw breath and have my faculties, I shall never stop practising philosophy and exhorting you and elucidating the truth for everyone that I meet." (
    Plato, Apology of Socrates)

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I reached 100k on Assegai two days ago. I was at the end of Grid 13, and my stats showed 16h45mn. I went through the race campaign, and each time I got a gold medal, I played the next event.
    I guess that by getting better it will be a bit faster to reach 100k the next times.
    So your computations look right, omega, but I don't think you need to be a zone master. Just play the entire race campaign for each ship and you should be fine

PSN ID
    humangoogle -OFW-

5 minutes off! great for "in theory"! I'll say that those 5 minutes were the loading times

As guillaume said, you don't need to be a zone master, I just used zone 60 because 10 minutes seemed an easy amount of time to work with, AFAIK there aren't any point multipliers for higher zones, e.g. zone 5 gives you the same amount of points as zone 60. All you need is the patience and time to put in 100-200 hours of zoning/wipeouting no matter how good you are.

<offtopic>
    speaking of 200 hours, i recently passed that milestone on monster hunter freedom. now thats a long game, 500 or so hours to complete it...
    </offtopic>
    Last edited by omega329; 18th February 2008 at 03:37 PM. Reason: couldn't spell guilli... gouilua... you know who I mean!

Quote Originally Posted by phl0w View Post
    Is it an insult to tell people it's stupid to quit school, to watch TV all day long, or wash your car 7 days a week? I just don't get how in gaming distorted perspectives get tolerated and even worse saluted

"and so long as I draw breath and have my faculties, I shall never stop practising philosophy and exhorting you and elucidating the truth for everyone that I meet." (
    Plato, Apology of Socrates)
    Ah, ''elucidating truth'', there's the difficult part. Everyone seems to have a different truth. They hold it because it suits their individual natures, because it seems to work for them. Their truth is an expression of themselves.

Tell a human that their truth is a waste of time or insignificant, and you have insulted them.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

I really like where this thread is headed.

On-Topic: It'd be a nice achievement if anyone could get 100K with all of the ships. But as far as rewards go - after earning that much loyalty with just one ship, there's not much more to it aside from online multiplayer.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

After reading drawn-out and useless arguments over which ship is better, I have to say that anyone who achieved full loyalty points on every ship would be the only qualified person to ask which ship truly is "better". In their personal truth.

Quo vadis? It does exist, the problem is knowing where to look.

I've been looking for absolute, non-personal Truth for nearly 65 years, but so far I've only found conditional personal truths, lots of them.

But I seem to detect a bit of an offtopic direction in my posts.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

(Still off-topic...Is it perhaps that you have set conditions on what truth can be?)

Back on topic: I wonder if anyone has 100,000 on even three ships yet. I'm sure someone out there must have that much on two already...

/offtopic: yeah. 'Absolute non-personal Truth' has to be Absolute non-personal Truth.

back on topic

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

Quote Originally Posted by phl0w View Post
    Sorry I am slow in responding, but just wanted to say no insult taken

Perhaps "salute" really isn't the right word... but I doubt that it takes nearly as long to get the 100k points as was initially calculated... and I don't necessarily think that spreading your gameplay across ships is any more of a waste of time than playing with a single ship. It also doesn't seem like nearly so much of a waste of time as what many gamers do with MMORPGs, traditional RPGs or even shooting games.

I'm actually surprised that SL didn't include more "bonuses" or "trophies" for fully beating the single player mode, or getting 100k in multiple ships, or whatever-- this seems like the directions most games are going. The unlockable concept art in Pure was a great way to reward committed gameplay

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    I wonder if anyone has 100,000 on even three ships yet. I'm sure someone out there must have that much on two already...
    Yes, I have four complete ships and two more in near complete as well and the rest is nowhere near halfway mark yet.

stevie

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

I have 100,000 with Assegai, some with zero and others with a few hundred. I have no intention of gaining the 100k with all ships don't see the point personally.

PSN ID
    backroom

100,000 on Assegai
    Between 35,000 and 55,000 on UMD ships, not got DLC ships

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Quote Originally Posted by stin View Post
    Yes, I have four complete ships and two more in near complete as well and the rest is nowhere near halfway mark yet.
    Any update on this, Stevie? Or anyone else?

I'm getting bored of racing Vertica White Phantom Head-to-Head to win loyalty points (I may be mistaken but I figured it was the fastest way...).