Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ai

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Not just cannons, I've observed the lead AI ship firing off a quake when it had a substantial gap between itself and me. I think it's all probabilities as Colin explained somewhere else. Sometimes that hard to believe though when 3 AI craft are going along and the one at the back has a leech beam, it doesn't fire until a split second after I passed it.

PSN ID
    backroom

I generally hold back if I see they have a leech beem ready to go until they've fired, sometimes for over a whole lap!

I finally saw an EG-X attempt a barrel roll on Vertica White's small jump. It was in Head to Head mode, lap 1, venom and surprisingly enough, it didn't work and I simply cut the corner and overtook it.

Which reminds me, why on Earth does the AI ALWAYS take the stupid route like the Autopilot rather than accross the three sped pads and cut the corner, even after a total of 700 laps (personally (remember time trial and speed lap)) they don't even think about it. I always win on Vertica hands down, White or Black as a result of this style of idiocy

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

The AI needs to fly like that, you are not thinking of the poor defenseless causal gamer who gets slaughtered as it is.

What's the difference between easy and hard AI?

I thought I read someone saying that the only difference is that hard AI is more aggressive with weapons.

My question is do hard AI race better as well...it seems to be in my opinion. I've gotten all golds on easy, and now I'm playing on hard, the computer seems to be much faster...even when I have piranha, they seem very fast.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

I think they actually race faster as well from what I could see.

ok cool, I thought I was done with the game, looks like I have more work to do

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    taqili

Yeah, I was having a ton of trouble with this tournament on hard and I gave my psp up to my friend's girl. She was playing some easy eliminator and then I tried the tournament again. I was blazing through it, easy firsts after the first lap on all the tracks...then I realized it was still on easy difficulty. I tried it again on hard and returned to getting slammed. I think that was grid 10 or 11 tournament, can't remember now.

PSN ID
    backroom

Ironic isn't it that I actually find easy harder than hard

Don't ask why, I don't know.

I normally win anyway so no worries there!

I hate to tell you this taqili but I have got golds on all events at hard somehow. I left the last phantom grid and ignored Outpost 7 for a while but decided that I'd better give them a go.

And I blew up, what a suprise, the AI make so many mistakes though at phantom that if I can hold my ship in 1 piece I can win on all (non-DLC (I don't have them yet)) tracks!

Look forward to more comments on such matters! Thanks guys!