Thread: Whats the -6 all about?

PSN ID
    Collymilad

Default Whats the -6 all about?

I have raced a few tournaments online where the results at the end have made no sense.

For example I just raced a tourny, 4 races. I placed 1/1/3/1 yet I got -6 points on the last race rather than +8 and so came 4th rather than 1st (which unless I'm missing something is where I should have come)

Is there some rule i don't know about or is this messed up?

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

I think I was in that tourney, 2 nights ago?

I'm confused about this too.

PSN ID
    Collymilad

This just happened before I posted, but you could be right because it's happened before.

Very, very annoying.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Yes a very naughty bug it is! Just when you think you won the tour it is showing you last place and on top of that points below zero, grrrrr! But okay, it is also a bit funny and you yourself is knowing who won for real.

This has only happened to me once. Although I did have another odd one that was on Outpost 7 where two of the competitors ahead of me were eliminated (one close enough that I saw it). I ended up first for a while but, dumbass that I am, got myself eliminated by slamming into a wall at full speed with little shields. So that brought up the rank screen while I watched the fourth and last player continue alone.

For me, it had DNF for did not finish. Same for the two others who were eliminated. Or seemingly eliminated. Because as the camera followed that fourth racer, suddenly there was another craft in front of him. And then another. Those first two craft were now not eliminated and were finishing the race before my eyes.

Eventually they crossed the finish line and it turned out I was the only one who didn't finish when the points were added up. I reckon it was probably just lag that made my PSP think those two were eliminated. Didn't matter as it was my own fault I was eliminated but still very odd.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    wichetael

I think I figured out where this comes from, it switches the tournament points for two users. I was just in a tournament, doing rather bad and having like 10 points, then in the last race I scored 4 points and suddenly I had 24 points and had won the tournament, while someone else got -11 points because he got my score instead of theirs.

PSN ID
    backroom

I've been playing online and someone else got -4 points at the end of the race where he'd blown up. He'd won 4 points in the previous races and it turns out that he quit (I only found out when I started the next race), I assumed that he quit just after I finished, and the scoreboard zeroed him off, maybe I was wrong but I've seen similar situations before with the player quitting (again, found out at start of next race) and getting negative points because he quit after I crossed the line but before I fully loaded the results page.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    o3pcah

i raced a tourney of 7 races and in the last two i got 0 points although i won them both. quite annoying especially if you could have won the whole tourney.

PSN ID
    backroom

Hopefully this sort of problem can and will be fixed when SL notice themselves.

Shame it existed in the first place though.