Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Things you would like to see in a patch or in future DLC (Realistic!)

Smile Things you would like to see in a patch or in future DLC (Realistic!)

I'll start:

1. The ability to use the downloaded ships online;

2. The ability to keep as many ships skins on the memory stick as you like;

3. A few more developer-created skins;

4. Maybe a few more new tracks.

How about you guys? ( Please remember to keep them realistic, who knows, we might just be heard... )

Thanks for participating.

PSN ID
    sakerbax

ability to save and view replays.

it's kind of realistic. since a ghost is almost a replay most of the code is built in, it's just a matter of making the ghost solid lol. the "kind of" part it's because pulse never replays (it just keeps the ships on autopilot and most annoying after a regular match the ai stops using weapons so we can't even take screenshots of ai battles..

even so i think it should be possible to add the replay feature on a patch and i would pay for that (even if i wont for the ships and tracks at the current price)

I don't really miss that one, but I can understand what you mean

It would allow for better photo opportunities, since, at least when I'm playing, I never stop to take them (Too much into the race!!).

Stopping to take pictures mid race would ruin the feeling of Wipeout for me.

So yeah, yours is a nice suggestion.

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

And if they miss the turbo pad on platinum rush they miss the jump.

I think able to skin all three ship models would be good

The ability to skin all ship models would be great!

Good one!!!

Keep it up people!

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel.tenshi View Post
    It would allow for better photo opportunities, since, at least when I'm playing, I never stop to take them (Too much into the race!!).
    So yeah, yours is a nice suggestion.
    nice but not realistic, unfortunately. I miss them too..

the Replay in wo3 was an Awesome feature!
    fusion, pure and pulse don't hav'em so I think it's just too hard to do.
    save 1 ghost without any weapons use, ok but 8 ships and All the weapons firing ..
    my theory anyway.
    afaik we never got a straight answer to why there are no replays in the game.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    VagabondArts

if you remember, replays didn't always work in WO3, sometimes your ship would misalign and all
    the turn data would still be embedded in the ship and your replay would consist of the ship doing
    all it's recorded turns into walls and firing rockets into the sides of the track until it blew up.
    Don't know if this was fixed for Special Edition as I never could get a copy of it.

I've got to imagine that they were running into problems like that and decided against it...
    but thats totally speculative...

It could be as simple as there not being enough memory to replay them...
    but then, how did the very first Playstation, an inferior hardware platform, do it?

...odd...

I would like to see... the game in my hands!
    USA release date got bumped back a day...

...also, more on-topic, I would pay for DLC of classic tracks redone totally with scenery,
    (in other words, not TRON-style) the way they did for WO3.
    I would definitely pay for track packs like those...
    Last edited by Animagic; 12th February 2008 at 03:45 PM. Reason: reformatted

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

The ability to use a go! cam to talk in the lobby or during a race? would save time with the IRC channel/ computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Animagic View Post
    ...also, more on-topic, I would pay for DLC of classic tracks redone totally with scenery, (in other words, not TRON-style) the way they did for WO3. I would definitely pay for track packs like those...
    Awesome idea, and maybe not that difficult, except adaptation to the game's physics...

Quote Originally Posted by mdhay View Post
    The ability to use a go! cam to talk in the lobby or during a race? would save time with the IRC channel/ computer.
    I don't know if they could do this... in the lobby, maybe, but that's just of the top of my head... no knowlegde on the resources needed/available.
    Last edited by Lance; 12th February 2008 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Merged. Two successive posts by same poster in less than 24 hours.

PSN ID
    sakerbax

ye they could but it would be really hard and time consuming (and considering the avaliable pack it would be too expensive lol)

I wasn't clear about why i wanted the replay feature. it would be to study downloaded ghosts, kinda like you do on quake, watching the pro's you can really improve your game.
    plus it would provide a way to skilled movie makers to make some wipeout own-age movies.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Chrono11

I believe Colin has come by and said that no more skins will be available for download. So no more cool SL skins.

PSN ID
    TearsToShreds

I recall hearing someone say that at least the concept ships will be available for skinning. Can anyone confirm this?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Chrono11

I remember the opposite, that concept ships will never be editable.

Here's a couple links:
    Colin talking about some things
    Concept Skin talk
    Last edited by Chrono; 12th February 2008 at 07:42 PM. Reason: added links

Egg has said they are technically editable but that doesn't mean it will ever happen.

Well, for me, out of those wishes I wrote, the most important ones would be:

4. Maybe a few more new tracks.

These would be the icing on an almost perfect cake especially the number of skins allowed on the memory stick being increased, because I like creative activities, and would make for a more fun experience.

What do you think are the odds of that happening?

I'm not sure if patching the game to allow extra skin slots is technically possible. Obviously, it is set up to add more ships and tracks but there hasn't yet been sign of any game change after the fact being possible. If it was, I would have thought a patch for the Sinucit bug in EU Pure would have been made available.

I could be wrong of course but I'm not sure patching is possible.

Timezone
    GMT + 12

yeah - im going to have to agree that its unlikely we will get a true patch for these games to fix a problem in the code - you cant change the data on the disk and im not sure if the psp would support a patch that is read off the MS every time you launch the game.

Content will be released - new tracks and ships - but i dont think we will see changes to the main game we have now in the ways that people are suggesting.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel.tenshi View Post
    I've got 2 and a half skins atm so that's no problem for me.
    you can always, when the skins is finalised, save them to your pc (the folder)
    that way you can have as many as you want and 5 different at anytime.

PSN ID
    sakerbax

Quote Originally Posted by The Gracer View Post
    you cant change the data on the disk and im not sure if the psp would support a patch that is read off the MS every time you launch the game.
    actually the recent patch does that, i mean the disk says there are only a number of ships and tracks, after the mirage patch the data is altered and you can load a new ship. so the psp is checking "the MS" every time you launch the game and that new info has preference over the data on the disk.
    (ok you can always argue the disk was made to search for tracks and ships but not for more than 5 skins, or even say that 5 skins is the limit because they are kept in the ram memory,, point is we don't know but it doesn't seem that impossible)

i agree with your ending, there won't be any fixes for the game. that's what sequels are for,,

PSN ID
    the_Adm1ral

In answer to my and many other people's question about the possibility for a patch; I've just been playing Killzone Liberation and noticed that, (since May), there is a patch which can be downloaded from the games internal web browser, (an 8 Mb eboot), which gets copied onto your memory stick and installed:

Now this 'patch' may well just be an extension to the existing code base, where as a Wipeout Pulse bug fix may well be alot larger and more complicated. But at least a PSP 'patch' president has already been set

I imagine that a patch for encrypting that settings file which cheaters use and ensuring only clean times are uploaded onto the website could be a possibility, as the game engine wouldn't need much messing around with... Or I could just be talking a speculative load of bollocks?
    Attached Images Attached Images