Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 10 Things I hate about WipEout 3

PSN ID
    Assegai82

I know this isn't a *love* thread but oh well - hijacked I really think that Wip3out is there beside Final Fantasy VII in gaming perfection. The best videogame experience I've ever had. Still listen to that soundtrack.

Wayne Imlach, the project head for WO3, and the rest of the crew at the Leeds studio, would appreciate the praise if they read it.

[I wonder if hate threads have a rule that says "If you can't say something bad, don't say anything at all. ]

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Well saying good things on a "hate" thread (And it's not a hate thread per-se, just listing cons) would take it off topic.
    So yeah, there's kind of a rule...

And then there's this.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    1. The ships aren't balanced... Feisar and Goteki I'm looking at you. :/
    2. Some really bad track design in some places... gah. I feel like the ships weren't made for the the same game (Granted I'm no expert but there's no ****ing way you land that jump on Mega Mall smoothly. And then that turn, omfg.)
    3. Tedious. Mind numbingly tedious.
    4. Doesn't appropriately save settings. Why do I have to go back there and set my default name all the time? Also, after I watch the replay, I got to enter it again if I make a record time!
    1. fair point, but in wipeout and 2097, auricom and qirex were markedly better then feisar and ag-systems, amirite? and i managed all golds, all speed classes on 3, took a while and a long learning of each craft and track but i did it, feisar and goteki were the weak links but they weren't fodder, they had their own identities to add to the fray
    2. are you talking about the jump after the helter skelter? tip the nose up, not too different to one of the metropias on pulse. if you mean another jump, elaborate and i'll try to answer you again, like a ninja
    3. it is repetitive and exhaustive in single race mode, with so many golds to get, but that's a point more subjective then objective; i for example enjoyed it
    4. all of the points you make under number 4 are valid and unfortunate flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by Ally View Post
    I know this isn't a *love* thread but oh well - hijacked I really think that Wip3out is there beside Final Fantasy VII in gaming perfection. The best videogame experience I've ever had. Still listen to that soundtrack.
    yes, i grew up with 3 so i can relate, and the soundtrack is outstanding. and FF7 is more of an epic experience then a computer game, too, not to mention having a soundtrack of memorably brilliant proportions too. the PS has some great titles to its name besides even these, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    Wayne Imlach, the project head for WO3, and the rest of the crew at the Leeds studio, would appreciate the praise if they read it.

[I wonder if hate threads have a rule that says "If you can't say something bad, don't say anything at all. ]
    if mr imlach and anyone else is perchance reading this, you guys enriched my childhood and your game made a lasting impression on my life. thank you

and DD, i think it's fine to put good points, if they are in response to negatives suggested, due to the discussion that can generate

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SonicChaosX

True, It also has issues saving my controller set up. Seems to switch the fire and HT buttons on me all the time. As for default name you have to go into it hit x til your name is in and THEN it will appear all the time. I also love auto load instead of manually having to do it in the regualr 3.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

Quote Originally Posted by SonicChaos View Post
    As for default name you have to go into it hit x til your name is in and THEN it will appear all the time.
    Yes. If you then also save your game, every time you load your game you'll have the default name in already.
    First thing I ever did with W3O was adjust all the settings and save my game. I've never had any of the complaints that some people have. 8 )

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SonicChaosX

Quote Originally Posted by Task View Post
    Yes. If you then also save your game, every time you load your game you'll have the default name in already.
    Nope that doesn't work for me at all. I've tried it at least 6 times and nothing saves. Your copy must be extra special.

Under the moss of the northern most boulder
    Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    JuiceStickers

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED HERE?! I THOUGHT THIS WAS A HATE THREAD!! Oh well, hostile takeover.
    Thanks for that HUGE list of the stuff SE has to offer, sonicchaos. 2 new prototype tracks AND a new ship to race with. I could have some fun with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Venom View Post
    Wip3out has a great design, some cool ships (Assegai and Goteki are very wonderful).
    I'm beginning to take a liking to the Assegai and i've alwas loved the Goteki. Not sure why, it's just such an excellent looking ship, it's really fun on eliminator too.

WipEout 3 is still the best wipeout for me thus far. Even though I haven't played wipeout for weeks

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SonicChaosX

I've been leaning toward HD lately. things seem to work better for me, but I'll come back to 3 every once in awhile.

Under the moss of the northern most boulder
    Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    JuiceStickers

I'm posting from a friend's house whom has a ps3. He just got through downloading fury and we're gonna play it here in a second. We played regular HD quite extensivly earlier today. I was actually able to fly my icaras and not blow up! We started out slow on venom but I'm doing pretty well on phantom now. At least on a couple tracks. I'm sorry but 3 is STILL holding that special place in my heart, and I don't think it's going anywhere.