Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favourite input method and point of view?

Timezone
    GMT + 2

Default Favourite input method and point of view?

Being rather new to the Wip3out scene (i bought my PS One yesterday, but I've been AG-racing on borrowed hardware for some time), I've got some questions to all hardened wipers out there:

What's your preferred input method - the digital pad or the analog stick? I've never really used the pad, since I find the analog stick to be more "realistic" and hence more "fair".

On the other hand, when it comes to point of view, I prefer the external view to the view from inside the cockpit. Everything rushes past too darn fast when viewed from inside. Whot's everybody else's view on this one?

:-?
    Roger

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Sven-RIT

I go analog/external as well, but it's sometimes fun to do a race in the cockpit veiw.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Analogue and Extarnal - same as you Roger

digital pad and internal viewpoint. precision handling and a direct, clear view of the track and any obstacles in between. i was once a hardcore advocate of the external view, but once i had tried the internal view there was no looking back. ive never used anything but the digital pad, however.

D-pad, nosecam

hi roger, welcome to the board. i've not visited the pilot's lounge yet to see if you posted there, but i can say hi from anywhere.

___lance

d-pad, nosecam here aswell. exactly the same reason as lance. you get a great sense of speed from the nosecam.

i meant fox not lance. D'UH™

PSN ID
    infoxicated

lol!

he's allowed. cos i said those same things elsewhere in the forums.

just not here

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

In general, digital control and internal view.
    Fusion suxxors with internal view, (light up a Plasma Bolt and go blind, that makes so much sense) so I've switched to "pilot" external view for that. I could never handle the analog stick, but all other analog input methods give better control. Any time weapons are irrelevant, I switch to my neGcon.

D-pad and external view. I have to move my head too much in the other views, and I think the cockpit view in W3/SE is a little fake.

Peace,
    V.

Stick and cockpit. Makes it all realistic-like.

Default Digital Freak

Yeah I always use the External and the D pad (digital). Like an obsessed reviewer in an Australian magazine also found, I don't believe the Analogue is up to scratch (although fun). It just doesn't give me the split second 'left to right' action that I need to get around corners.

Why External? Well, I see it this way. The cockpit view is regarded, as a 'First Person View’, which I believe, is in fact not realistic when compared to real life. The reason for that is, in real life we are blessed with 'peripheral vision’ which is better represented in the third person view (external). This is more ‘realistic’ in the visual sense (Full 180 degree view) and is the main reason for people choosing the view. (it seems natural to them). The first person view mentioned is like one of those horses that pull the cart etc, you know the ones that have those funny shield things on their eyes to prevent distraction from the sides.

Hope this helps.

Tyson

Default Favorite View

D-Pad External! Seems like the speeds are much faster! :

D-pad and external. I just can't get the same precise control using the analog stick, and everything rushes by too fast in the internal view and therefore I never react quickly enough.

Definately I like to use the analog stick because of those long smooth turns and the feel of pulling back on it at p-mar (oh yeah!!)

External view cause the cockpit makes me dizzy when I can't fight the g's like IRL

_
    nosecam + neGcon + bigTV + soundsystem + nachos + infinite spare time = heaven
    _
    ¥

Timezone
    GMT + 2

Well, well, yuuusen - thanks for waking this topic from its hibernation!

One year and two weeks between posts - is that some kind of record?

Anyway, since we're here: has anyone changed their setup since their last post? I know I haven't - I still swear by external view/analog stick (got a new controller recently, the stick is even "softer" than the Sony original. Smooth!)

PSN ID
    infoxicated

I might be switching to NegCon soon, so I'll need to get back to you on that one

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

Default View

D-Pad and External.

I used to be a huge advicate of the internal view. Thinking the externam view was for wussies. But as I started playing more and more, I found I raced better in external view.

As far as the analog stick goes, once I used analog on wo64, I could never use it on a Playstation. The N64 stick just feels better. It'd be nice if I could control all other WipEout games with a gamecube controller. Those analog shoulder buttons would be great for airbrakes!

I still need to get better with my neGcon. :