Thread: Has someone tried the 3.90 firmware...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    NeXaR_QroN

Default Has someone tried the 3.90 firmware...

... to see if the sound problems (or others) remains in the game?

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

I just upgraded to 3.80 days before this came out not so keen on diving into the latest firmware anymore. Doubt 3.90 will fix that glitch it'll be an error within the game which probably won't be patched. Can you patch a PSP game? I know you can with PS3 games.

Timezone
    GMT -6

The sound problems (if you are talking about glitching, popping and sound drop outs) are a simple issue of the game not running at 333mhz. When playing on a PSP running at 333mhz with CFW the sound (and framerate) issues are almost non existent.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    NeXaR_QroN

No, it must be something else, and it seems to be happening to random PSP units. I had zero problems with this on my old Fat, and now it's happening on my Slim.

3.80 firmware has been giving me some horrible memory stick issues. I`m trying one last thing to fix it, but will probably go to 3.90 to see if it works better.

Timezone
    GMT -6

I have heard from multiple sources that in 3.80 Sony changed some kind of read driver for the memory sticks (possibly in an attempt to keep people from playing ISOs on CFW). The newer drivers read information from the stick slower... Or the system constantly refreshes the stick to recheck information. 3.90 has the same problem, though not as bad.

I would stay away from 3.80 or 3.90 for now.

Fat PSP owners usually don't notice the issues because the refresh rate on the screen isn't as fast as the Slims'. Frame rate hiccups are not as apparent.