Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: New Wipeout-Game.com

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Am I the only person who can't see the AG-SYS-logo in the left column? I get an AG_Systems.
    Same occured to EG-X if I remember correctly.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

No your not thats how I see it too.

PSN ID
    Ash-Omen

Exclamation

i cant see it either

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Yeah, both AG Systems and EG-X are broken images - they'll be fixed in the next version.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    KANDANG

Quote Originally Posted by infoxicated View Post
    Ranked is your respective performance against other people online. The more different people you play and win against, the higher your rank. If you play the same people all the time and win against them all the time, the effect this has on your rank will decrease over time.

All Team Allegiance points are earned offline, now, which was the way it was originally meant to work. I had a feeling that the choice of ship during online play might well be different than what you'd use offline.
    1) just wanted to find out if you're in the top 100 and you play against someone in the bottom of the ranking tables, do you still get points for winning? also...

2) will you gain the same points for winning someone who is higher rank as you like a lower ranked opponent.

3) if in a multi-player game against say 4 opponents, if you come in 2nd, will you get points? or you're considered the 1st loser

4) had 92664 points, won 8 games 0 losses and uploaded my profile, all against different opponents..checked back and points dropped to 92656.
    weird

*on another note... here comes a new cheater "hyperzyph". check talon's junction white TT best lap on the wipeout-game page
    Last edited by KANDANG; 7th February 2008 at 02:18 AM.

PSN ID
    the_Adm1ral

I guess unless the game gets patched and you can only upload a 'patched' profile to a clean version of the website, the issue will never be truely fixed

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    IwannaTinkle

And there's already a cheating bastard on top of the Talons Junction table...
    Reseting the scores everytime won't help the problem, I guess it's time we get a patch?
    Please? Pretty please?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Flashback_Jack

This cheater thing is the primary reason I stick exclusively to the Rapier and Phantom class; the cheaters don't seem to have the skill to handle the extra speed so are largely absent from the top of those tables.

- F

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

Resetting the times probably *does* help to some degree, because most cheaters probably get bored of the game and move on-- while hardcore Wipers stick around and can update their profile.

On balance, I think we are relatively lucky with the apparent small numbers of cheaters in the upper rankings-- probably the kinds of folks that would cheat don't have the inclination to put lots of time into time trials, especially at the faster speeds, and therefore don't rank very highly, as Flashback says.

An additional easy fix for removing cheaters from the leaderboards would be to have a hard cut-off, below which times would not be accepted. For example, it seems pretty unlikely that lap times below 28 seconds are real for Talon's Junction White-- so why not eliminate those times? If the cut-offs were adjustable, they could be tweaked if legit wipers were able to obtain faster times.

Or maybe it's a bad idea to be identifying hard cut offs so early in the game's lifespan...

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

It says they are going to keep an eye out for cheaters, but how much can we actually expect them to actively monitor the record tables? Time consuming activity.

I assume Mirage isn't in the Wipeout-game.com system yet just leaves a blank space in the team column when you set a time with them.
    Last edited by Rapier Racer; 7th February 2008 at 08:30 PM.

Another website update and it's a good one! The pics for the team rankings all work and look lovely - really nicely put together. The skin gallery has been expanded hugely and is now a part of the download section with a ridiculous amount of skins to choose from, which is excellent. Also screensavers have been added!

There's alo a link to the Auricom pack and the rankings page have team icons now. A great update!

PSN ID
    backroom

Thumbs up Overhaul

The site's been overhauled again, nicely!

Now you can search the entire ship skin gallery under downloads by user!

Also, there is now a link to the unreleased Auricom download pack for £1.99 (not sure about other currencies) and you can view the data releases for each team under their page.

Plus, you can now view zone records by zone no. or score and under 'team', instead of just saying team, it shows you (most of) their logo.

There may be other things but I only spent 5 minutes looking, if you find something else, congratulations, it's yours to tell us all about!

(I wrote this before Dogg Thang posted his, then adapted it after seeing his post, sorry for any repeated information)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Nadia_Elenova

I have a problem with the site: I only can have 4 skins, when I try to save a 5th skin it gives me an error >> -20005
    Any clue?

PSN ID
    infoxicated

I'll get that checked out tomorrow.

There has also been an overhaul to the teams page... which was, admittedly, mostly me trying to justify the new JavaScript book I had ordered!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Nadia_Elenova

Thanks in advance! ;D

Ah, I hadn't noticed the team change. Like your fancy slide across to get to the stats! Very nice indeed. The whole website looks excellent now.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Brica

Nice enhancements, Rob ! You should try it in Safari, because the frames don't display correctly (at least on a mac).
    http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/7...esafaribo7.jpg
    But it works well in Firefox…

PSN ID
    infoxicated

That is miles out - the mind boggles how a browser can be that far out from all the others. It's not like I'm doing anything particuarly clever, either - just floats, and it all validates, too.

Man, I hate Apple. Firefox isn't pretentious enough a name for us, so we'll have to stir the pot and release a buggy piece of crap called Safari that all the Macsturbators will rush to use because it completes their pretentious iLife. Of course, that'll mean that web developers have to make extra effort to allow for all its quirks, but it's got a wonderfully pretentious name so we don't care. Overpriced laptop that you cant replace the batteries of, anyone?

*ahem*

Yeah, I'll take a look at it... but I have validating style sheets and html and roughly 97% of the market covered, so it might not be a long look.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Brica

Sorry to give you some more work… But thanks from the (pretentious) 3% community

PSN ID
    infoxicated

The thing is, I'm not careless with this kind of thing - I take a lot of pride in the way I put websites together and it was a long road through the browser wars before Firefox and IE emerged with rendering engines that you could just about treat as equal.

With WipEout-Game.com I actually do treat them as equal - there are no tricks or hacks in there to allow for one browser doing something freaky. The site has two style sheets - one for the big version and one for the PS3/PSP, and I'm careful that the HTML that's generated by the server is clean enough that those two style sheets can make the code fit the platform. It's the way it should work in an ideal world.

And then Apple comes along with Safari and it's 1997 all over again.

Yay!