View Poll Results: Well, does it make you more pro?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

18 85.71%
  • No ( I never used all the crafts and never completed the game)

3 14.29%

Thread: The Reason Wip3out makes you a PRO (who agrees with me)

Cool The Reason Wip3out makes you a PRO (who agrees with me)

I was thinking about this the other day! I've been playing wipout since number wip3out, and i love it. I missed fusion due to no ps2, but i bought a psp just for wipeout!
    On wip3out, you had to use every craft on every track to get all the golds! i really miss this! i used to be so good with all the crafts, now i am only good with a few! I was so happy how i could get my friend 2 choose my craft and still win every time!

But yeh, who here agrees with me that wip3out makes you the most PRO at wipeout compared to all other wipeout games?

PSN ID
    stin_wz

I voted yes.

I have to make myself work on these ships and yes they are very interesting ships. I`m more into Qirex than Icaras, it`s all about balancing stuff and I do think myself as a pilot so I can see the lines.

stevie

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I don't think Wip3out makes you the most pro in comparison to all other wipeout games just because you have to use all the crafts to finish the game. There have been so many changes from one title to its successor that you can't really compare any of the titles. There are just too many differences between each game of the series (hyperthrust in W3O, barrel rolls in Pure and Pulse, no shields in the original wipEout,...). These differences have played a great role in keeping the series alive for so many years until today imo.

I didn't vote in this though, cause I actuallly have finished the game with all crafts and all golds...

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

No, after using Assegai constantly Icaras was killing me, never got the hang of it, I didn't have to either the Auto Pilot helped me get Icaras golds. You need more options in your pole I used all craft but that didn't make me any more 'Pro'. Getting really good with one ship is how I like it not spreading my skills across all 8+ teams.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

Nope. The original I found tougher. The wall scraping and the pits made W3O very forgiving. And the way W3O forced me to race in different ships really annoyed me, since every time you got used to handling one ship, it was time to change. There's a big difference between AG-SYS and Icaras.
    By the way your "poll" has forced choices - I don't agree but if I vote "No" I'm also saying I never finished the game, which is untrue.

But by the time you finish it, you might call yourself a pro because wipeout is gruelling! I just don't think it makes you the "most" pro compared to the others.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk View Post
    There are just too many differences between each game of the series (hyperthrust in W3O, barrel rolls in Pure and Pulse, no shields in the original wipEout,...)
    there are shields in wipEout, just no eliminations - no damage.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

That's what I meant by saying "no shields", zargz. No eliminations, no energy bar...

Surely the original Wipeout makes you a pro............

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

Nope... I voted no... non of the Wipeouts make us pros... We don't get paid playing the game, do we??!!! Nope, just makes me I fan of the game series, but admittingly that's pretty much it...

LOL thats an amusing point. And a fair one. But ok how about which Wipeout makes up a candidate for a pro at Wipeout if there was a job going?
    Last edited by Asayyeah; 31st January 2008 at 12:03 PM. Reason: don't quote previous post from Chil , please read the guideline & rules

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

In terms of "professional", if you mean your skills with all craft gets better, then by all means, yes, but otherwise, its a so - so.

Timezone
    GMT -5

I suppose theoretically it could...but personally I'm better off just practicing a lot with one craft and getting better with that. Different ships with different handling and such always throws me off in terms of timing, turning, etc.

PSN ID
    ummagumma88 /feel free to add me

i voted yes, but i think that the first wipeout is the bast way to improve your piloting skills. also 2097/xl.
    maybe jus Fusion doesn't work in that...