Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: D-Pad or Analog

PSN ID
    Collymilad

I used the nub in pure and up until a few days ago I was using it in pulse.

Overall though I think I prefer the D-Pad. The nub has it's perks, I do find it easier to use on series' of sweeping corners and for more "smooth" racing. Thing is though I find it very hard to make small adjustments left or right using the nub (even on straights), which caused me to miss pads frequently, so I've went to using the D-Pad.

D-pad forever!Although i would give the analog one other chance but i cant work with it quite well so i use to only "no important" races.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

D-Pad. It was the only choice other than neGcon for WO1 and XL. There's something about playing any Wipeout using the D-Pad that just feels right.

And I don't like the feel of the PSP analog stick anyway. >_>

PSN ID
    backroom

Always the D-pad
    the analogue stick's far to jerky for delicate control and too slow for quick reactions, I'm a teenager so I have fast fingers!

Analog. Once you get used to it, (for me) it's much better than tapping away at the d-pad.

I use the D-Pad.

PSN ID
    backroom

As I said

I find the stick too sticky and slow, I've pulled it off and cleaned it since but it's still no good

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    jklasdf

No way guys, its the analog stick all the way for me. I find it easier on the thumbs.

and barrel rolls are a lot easier, i think, with the stick.

plus, its easier to hold ur nose down and turn at the same time if u use the stick. if i try that with dpad, im all over the place.

good for courses like amphiseum white near the end if u choose to barrel roll off the cliff, that way u dont hit the screen over the finish line and it makes the sudden sharp turn way more navigable

PSN ID
    ummagumma88 /feel free to add me

D-pad since 2097, but in pulse at phantom class is terrible for long turns...

Timezone
    GMT + 8

Used to use the d-pad with 2097, but after playing a boatload of W3 with the analog stick I find it really hard to use the d-pad in Pulse. So I use the stick/nub/twirly bit.

Timezone
    GMT -5

D-pad forever - whether its 3, or Pulse. I tried the stick for a bit, but it felt harder to control that way...

(Yes, I just got it yesterday, incase you all wonder. And while I'm in parentheses, yes, the avatar does not lie. I've tried all the ships on Phantom, even Piranha. And since that sucked for me, I'm not even going to bother trying Triakis. o_o)
    Last edited by Albino Ace; 23rd April 2008 at 09:04 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Squallie

One thing that makes analog impossible for me is that the PSP stick is both crap and badly placed. So its D-pad without question for me.

I dont know if the dualshock analog is good enough to use either actually. I guess it wont be as good as neggie. I will see if I prefer D-pad or analog when I get my hands on WOHD. Oh wait gotta try the motion sensor too! xP