Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: oops

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    BARTgai

Unhappy oops

well, i was trying to delete one of my old skins, but by mistake, hit 'publish'. i was like " oh crud ". i deleted the skin after that, but have no idea if will still be published. is there any way to stop it from going out to the public?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Au_Xtr3me

I published my skin about a month ago and its never popped up in the Gallery... yet

PSN ID
    infoxicated

If you delete a skin then it will never make the ship skin gallery.

Ah! So the publish command only brings attention to the skin that's in your five slots and, if you change that, the skin you hit published on effectively doesn't exist any more? That makes sense. Also explains why some of the really early skins I made never showed up in the gallery (although it doesn't seem to have updated since Christmas anyway).

I had thought the publish command sent them somewhere for approval and that anything new in that slot was, well, new.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

The gallery is sorting in the wrong direction anyway, showing oldest skins first. It'll be fixed later this week and, at the end of the month, there'll be a proper ship skin gallery off of the Downloads page which will be searchable by user.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Au_Xtr3me

Thank goodness, I thought I'd never see my published skins

Timezone
    GMT + 2

Can I also hope that I’ll be able to use all 5 slots? Currently I can have only 4 slots at a time, the 5th is reading error after trying to save the skin.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GTAce

http://www.wipeout-skins.co.nr/ No one needs the official site. lol
    But i also think that 5 slots are way to less, i think i will use the site just to get the standard skins and to check how it looks on the ships.

Timezone
    GMT + 2

Well actually you DO need the official site because without it the skins are useless. The skin applier is only on the official site.
    http://www.wipeout-skins.co.nr/ is only a shipskin archive.

And not being able to have all of the already too few slots is very frustrating.
    I really hope something will change with the arrival of the packs, hopefully the idea of slots will be erased from the ingame and so, maybe with just one online slot we’ll be able to load dozens of skins at one time and not just 5.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GTAce

Yeah like i said you need the site for the original skins and to check it on the ships directly but not for publishing it.
    We should make wipeout-skins more popular to have a good archive and that many people with the game can see it. 8 )
    Official sites never have the same effect like fan sites.

Timezone
    GMT + 2

Quote Originally Posted by GTAce View Post
    http://www.wipeout-skins.co.nr/ No one needs the official site. lol
    Well I understand what you mean now, ands I agree, but initially I thought you mean something else. It would be interesting though if the applier would be offline and allowed to be hosted by everyone (in our case CR4SH3D site).

As for fan site, CR4SH3D's idea of a skin archive was brilliant.

I got my hands on the Fusion just after the site was already missing and just recently I was able to really enjoy the thrill of the F9000 official site, after its return. So in a way I really fear that SL and Sony will decide to close the Pulse site in a year or so and then adios new skins.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    BARTgai

close the Pulse site? Why? The Pure site is still up after all these years.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GTAce

adios new skins
    Nope because you can safe the original skins and always make new skins out of them.
    It would be shitty for me because i cant check if the skin looks good without the shockwave animation. lol

Timezone
    GMT + 2

GTAce:Meaning what that you can apply the new skin without the online program?
    Yes you could make new skins but if the site is off you don’t have the means to bring them in game.
    -----------------------------------------------
    BARTgai: it is not a question of why. Why did they close the Fusion in the first place? The one that is now it seams to be a sort of a back up not the original. I don’t know. The thing is I love this game so much.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Why did they close the Fusion site in the first place?

Because the idiots from the Hover Race forums essentially made a denial of service attack on the forums, rendering them useless. Good Technology had made such a **** job of setting up the forums they were hosting that they'd write protected the options/settings file, meaning that I couldn't turn on Flood Prevention to stop the attacks. Easiest way to stop it happening was to just turn the site off.

The hosting contract was then just about up with Good Technology at the time anyway, so we started the process of moving the site onto official Sony servers instead, but part way through the move the guy I was liasing with in London over the move left the company and the whole thing went into limbo. It was down for over two months before we finally got it back on line, but by then the traffic had died and as a result there was no valid business reason to keep the site going.

It costs a lot to keep a site up and running (I dread to think what this place has cost me in total over the last seven years), so when the only activity other than spam-bots was "Rachel Johnson" roleplaying and sock puppeting it wasn't a tough decision to pull the plug.

That's it, in a nut shell.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GTAce

By the way, isnt the "Pulse" site with the skin editor the official wipEout site overall now?
    So i cant imagine it will closed to soon anyway.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

It's the main Wipeout site, I believe HD will make use of it also. There is an individual game site for HD just like Pulse but it's not live yet.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

WipEout-Game.com is the "franchise site" for WipEout, while the Flash based sites are for marketing purposes, so while they might be short lived the franchise site is a long term project.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

Quote Originally Posted by infoxicated View Post
    It was down for over two months before we finally got it back on line, but by then the traffic had died and as a result there was no valid business reason to keep the site going.
    So is that how the Wipeout Zone was born? From the ashes of the Wipeout Fusion community?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

Thankfully there were greater WipEouts than Fusion looong before the Fusion site. Not that I was a member back then...but anyways...