Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Your thoughts on the different ships in Pulse

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    JuiceStickers

i flew with the goteki at first. though i decided i needed a faster ride so i naturally went with the eg.x. although now i'm finding myself flying with triakis, and doing fairly well online with it as well. i think i'll stick with the tank for a while. something about it just feels right. plus i don't feel dirty when i fly with it like i did in pure.

Timezone
    GMT -5

Well, I used to think that high Thrust was the be-all-end-all (or however it goes) stat in Pulse with Speed being completely negligible (the exact opposite of Wip3out, funny enough), seeing ships like AG-Sys and Goteki doing so well all the time. However, after first hearing about Wolfkill using Triakis and doing fairly well, and then me using it myself on Saturday, achieving 1st or 2nd in the majority of races (60% or so I'd say)...

Well, I'm really beginning to rethink that.

Especially in the weapons off races (although during rare moments of calm in weapons on races, too), when it came down to cornering and BRs, I swear I literally saw my Triakis catching up with the EG-X's and AG-Sys's that were ahead within visual range. A race or two I think I had "stolen the victory" (as Smad would say ) just by how sharp the line was.

My point is I think the theories of the olden days got tossed out the window, and that all ships are indeed viable for online multiplayer.

I agree with that for non weapon races for sure. weapons though, goteki imo has a very large advantage over the high speed ships. If it goes up against a ag sys, not as much, but it still hits that first weapon pad if both people start at max speed, and if it is a mine or bomb, it's bad news for whoever is behind.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    FlintFandango or RennFlint or Flint Fandango (PS4)

I knew most of the ships already from 2097 & Wip3out, nevertheless, I gave every team a fair chance.
    At the beginning I have provided a handwritten list in which I have divided the ships into 3 categories:

My one and only --- an other attempt worth --- no way

First - the "no ways":
    Quirex: No bad ship, but for incomprehensible reasons, I can´t identify with this team... also the control poses problems to me permanently.
    Goteki 45: Almost the same as Quirex. Sorry.
    EG-x: Good acceleration and shield. But together with the other attributes no prominent machine for me.
    Piranha: My girlfriend´s favourite! But I can´t understand the advantage of this ship. Well, it has many fans, and that´s o.k. for sure, but I couldn´t get any record with it. Oh, and the handling pretty sucks, imho.
    Auricom: Uncontrolable for me since WipEout 2097. I never liked this team - and the ship is ugly too.

Enough of that - next is "an other attempt worth" (but sadly, they didn´t qualify):
    Mirage: The first impression was: Well-balanced.
    But after some tests I had to find out that this ship of all offers not enough, instead of the right measure.
    Harimau: First it seemed to be quite comfortable, but then...I simply don't understand this team!
    Basically it is similar to the Assegai, but it is worse in certain points. Flying this ship - for what?!
    Triakis: Solid like a tank, but also as slowly.
    Feisar: Brilliant handling, but that´s already everything. Too slowly what develops just after a crash very much to the disadvantage. Worse than expected.
    Assegai: This ship was my all-time favourite! But in higher classes, the first problems appeared. Don´t get me wrong - it is a nice ship, but it was a bit too "mainstream" for me. Just in higher classes, it comes to a decision which attributes fit all together, for your success.
    AG-Systems: The classic! Great handling, but in my opinion, it is a bit too slow.

My choice is (was) Icaras!

EDIT: Speed is not everything, it depends on the pilot. So I may switch to Feisar, because with this ship I don´t eat walls that much. Feels better that way!
    Last edited by Flint Fandango; 2nd January 2011 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Made up my mind.

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    ShabaNeu

For what you say? Don't always believe the stats as they don't tell the whole tale. Directly compared to the Assegai, the Harimau may appear to have worse stats. Indeed the thrust is actually worse, but as an advantage to the Harimau, it does handle bumps better and stick to the track better. And in my opinion, the Harimau is a classy ship- it is my one and only choice. More classy than the Assegai, but to each, his own.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    FlintFandango or RennFlint or Flint Fandango (PS4)

Sorry, I didn´t intend to offence the Harimau lovers...
    In my opinion - and after piloting myriads of laps - the sentiment varies enormously reffering the different ships. Also depending upon the speed class.
    But nonetheless you´re right about the stats. They´re smoke and mirrors.
    I´m piloting Mirage at the moment, after intensive sessions with G45 and FEISAR.
    I had a shift in priorities very often, but it seems I will find my personal favourite soon! But I won´t save the tigers... (No offence!)

**(My priority list above was one of my first posts in this forum!
    So please be lenient. Thanks in advance!)**
    Last edited by Flint Fandango; 28th April 2011 at 06:17 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    DJTECHNO

Auricom is good after rapier

Pirhana is good after rapier but i take my time usin it on phantom level. On most turn tracks.

Ag systems has been good for me in the last three tournaments where I faced off against the actual people o talk in here. Given me the good spankings for Ben and Eric.

I tried triakus
    When i used it. It was used in Paris to beat the bricks out of the French.... not using triakus another time.

Quirex... no comment on that

Puma and Puma 2. Did a great job working Arnaud, did a great job trying to get me out of fourth string in the European races, and a great job but didn't keep me alive n the matches against Travis.