Thread: Your thoughts on the different ships in Pulse

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    KANDANG

not to forget van-uber

but then again, there are so many ships out there
    in the end most ppl will use only 1-2 to compete for records / multiplayer

even if your fave is ag-sys / assegai but the best ship to compete is piranha, would you switch?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Au_Xtr3me

That's what loyalty is for... (puts hand on heart)

Though KANDANG I think you know that at Phantom, AG-Sys and FEISAR are the way to go, whereas Piranha is for the less skillful lower speed classes

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    BARTgai

medival was included on Pure. when i unlocked it, i was like, "oh cool a new team!" then i tried flying it, and it just didn't work for me at all.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    KANDANG

the piranha in phantom is still top on talon's junction, moa therma, metropia atm.

have not tried piloting it on the other maps yet, but I reckon it'll do just fine in the hands of a good pilot.

who knows? maybe we'll see the piranha at the top of the leaderboards in outpost 7.

time will tell...

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Au_Xtr3me

I couldn't bear to see that.

AG-sys ftw

but if Van-Uber came in a download pack, I'd jump ship.

@ Bartgai: I agree, Medival was clean cut one of the worst ships I'd flown; basically outclassed by Zone.
    Last edited by Au_Xtr3me; 15th January 2008 at 11:39 PM. Reason: gramma

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

Quote Originally Posted by KANDANG View Post
    even if your fave is ag-sys / assegai but the best ship to compete is piranha, would you switch?
    Never!

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    supersox

Quote Originally Posted by Ash-Omen
    medival
    Quote Originally Posted by BARTgai
    medival
    Quote Originally Posted by Au_Xtr3me
    Medival
    Now how I'm completely missed this ship until now?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Au_Xtr3me

Supersocks you missed Medival because it was destroyed before you got to see it. so much for shield 1 or something.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    BARTgai

Quote Originally Posted by Au_Xtr3me View Post
    I agree, Medival was clean cut one of the worst ships I'd flown; basically outclassed by Zone.
    that thing was like flying a can opener! aslo, yeah, the sheilds on that thing were trash.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Au_Xtr3me

WOW you can fly a can opener!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ZenDJiNN

Quote Originally Posted by KANDANG View Post
    Absolutely!! Different tracks have different needs, and i haven't found "One Ship to Rule them all!" yet....

Even though, at the moment, i'm using AG-Sys most of the time, i'll whatever ship best suits a particular track. Outpost 7 for instance, works better for me when i use the Feisar rather than AG-Sys.
    Last edited by ZenDJiNN; 16th January 2008 at 02:10 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

I am shocked and appalled by the number of traitorous pilots posting in this thread. (Not.) Of course I wouldn't switch! I was a total traitor in XL and W3O and I'm not going to do that again to my precioussss....actually I'm probably just too lazy to bother learning how to handle the different ships. Being a rabid AG-SYS fan doesn't have everything to do with it.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Au_Xtr3me

The only team I might jump ship to is... (drum roll)

Van Uber

Basically because I thought it was pretty much the best ship in Pure (don't flame me if you disagree)

Timezone
    GMT -6

I got a Slim PSP last night. Wow, the game feels really different with the raised d pad. I am going to have to relearn a lot of timing now.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Airrider1

I've found a fast favorite with AG-Systems. Ever since Piranha's handling went from bad in PurE to atrocious in PulsE, I switched strategies. Also, at Rapier and Phantom in PurE, I started playing AG-Systems and just fell in love.

HOWEVER!
    I think Icaras is good when I just wanna have a blast or when I feel like riding the ragged edge of danger. So, when Icaras becomes available, I'm getting in line to fly the pink-and-purple next to the red-and-white.
    Last edited by Airrider; 18th January 2008 at 05:06 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ZenDJiNN

Apart from waiting for Icaras to be released, i've decided to go back to the start again and do all the tracks on the "Hard" setting (Previously i've been doing whatever i could, some hard, some Medium, some easy) and in so doing, have also been doing each race with as many ships as possible, so as to get a direct feeling for each individual ships character on different tracks...... WOW!! What a surprise.

I really like all the ships, and have even been surprised at the Qirex, which performed really well, much better than i thought it would.

But, i have found that the ship (Or should i say "Ships, for there is more than 1) that performs best for me so far, is......... "EG.X"

I have found it consistently better across many tracks (Albeit only at Venom & Flash speeds so far) than all of the others, and closely followed by both Feisar & AG-Systems. Piranha was way behind, and although it has a great feel on certain tracks, it's still got that "Lumpy" feel about it, and is only saved by the handling capabilities!

So, here i am, on Grid 4 again (& believe me, after racing zargz et al at Basilico & Fort Gale, i really need the practice) going through all the different races on the hard setting, hopefully getting in a ton of practice & also ramping up the points in the process!

It's fun, and hopefully in a week or two i'll be back online with a much improved racing skill!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    phl0w

Well, if there's an outstanding ship such as 2097's Piranha, that makes times possible which are technically unreachable by other ships, then yes. But if a ship is just easier to handle on a certain track than my favourite one, I won't switch, I'll just practice harder.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ZenDJiNN

I'll second that phl0w. I'll also practice harder, but i've yet to pick the ship that i want to use all of the time. I'm a novice pilot (having only played Wipeout for the last 4-5 months - Since i got a PSP & Pure) and i'm still finding out many things about both the ships capabilities & even my own (ever changing & growing) capabilities.

It's a;; great fun though, and this is the BEST place to be for any fan of Wipeout. There's so much experience on these forums from people such as yourself, i feel really lucky.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Airrider1

I sure hope the loyalty prizes are up for grabs with the downloadable teams...

Timezone
    GMT -1
    PSN ID
    alucioj

Have only used the Piranha (Loyalty points :: 16450), Assegai (90) & Triakis (180).

I only use Piranha competitively in the Race Campaign Grid system and Im committed to sticking with it despite the obvious handling and thrust issues. Im clocking up reasonably strong times with the Piranha because of the top end speed so Im quite content for now to perfect my skills with this ship. Plus personally I prefer to have a favourite as opposed to having a range of ships that I use.

I choose Piranha because there wasnt an Italian team (im scots-italian) so figured hey Brazilian they speak portuguese, latin, close enough; weird logic but as someone said on these forums, Piranha is like the Ferrari of Wipeout so thats good enough for me!

However having played a few sessions online I quickly realised that my favoured Piranha is certainly lacking, Im going to practise more to see if that helps but the thrust limits often found me lagging further down the track with a mountain to even catch last place.

So online I tried AG-sys (a good all-rounder) and I found the handling was great and thrust helped for when you are gunned down so Id say this is my second ship that I'll try and perfect online if Im getting nowhere with my favoured Piranha!