View Poll Results: do you want a negcon to be released for the ps3

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

50 79.37%
  • no

13 20.63%

Thread: Bring Back The NegCon Controller For The Ps3 !

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Assimilator69

Default Bring Back The NegCon Controller For The Ps3 !

I'm hoping some wipeout developers down at liverpool studios hear our calls and speak to sony and namco on our behalf and bring back a wireless version of the NegCon controller for the ps3 for us to enhance the future of wipeout gameplay.

please sign with positive comments only.

Cheers

doh how do i fix a spelling mistake in the pole section.
    Last edited by Assimilator; 7th January 2008 at 08:23 AM. Reason: please fix spelling

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Right, firstly - I removed all but one of the exclamation marks from your thread title. There really is no need for that kind of thing unless you're 13 years old and posting on a different site. Here we like clarity in the thread titles and it's not appreciated.

Secondly, your third and fourth options have been removed - the third because it's simply another "yes", and the fourth option of "candy" was totally pointless. If you're even the least bit serious about starting a poll in the first place, don't go throwing in stupid options.

I guess I should also add that Namco do not support the original NegCon any longer, so there are no libraries for integrating it with modern games. Who you really should be lobbying is Namco - imploring them to produce a new version of the NegCon, rather than expecting game developers to put the time and effort into supporting a peripheral that isn't even supported by the company that made it.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    BulletWraith

Talking

I don't want to be a black cloud around here as I have made some bad posting mistakes in my short life here and I am sorry for them, I will try harder to conform

I'd love a new neGcon, but I don't think it's going to happen
    the least we need is an idea of what we want

again, I really don't think it's going to happen so I think who ever wants one for the PS3 will have to make one them self, it can't be that hard

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

Regardless of how completely unlikely and unrealistic, I am still forced to enter this poll. (yes of course!)

The neGcon was a gimmicky controller because it was compatible with so few games, and was in direct competition with the DualShock - let's face it, rumble rules!

That being said, it's been a really long time since those neggies were manufactured and I'm sure that a redesigned neggie with vibration added in and a couple extra buttons would really blow the minds of a lot of people. Not just the few of us in the world who still own some and use it for only one type of game.

If Fanatec can make a go of manufacturing "different" controllers like the Speedster Controller, which doesn't even have any specific game company sponsoring (that I'm aware of), there's no reason Namco or Sony couldn't. Their problem would be the extra marketing, research, blah blah...it all comes down to making the bottom line very, very black.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Not really, I feel it would be largely unnecessary for the modern day Wipeouts, you need pitch control but not like the older games required it. I'm not saying thats a bad thing either.

I think the Negcon has had its day. Its a good controller (recently got one myself), but the limited availabilty and high price of actually owning one means only a low percentage of players will actually own one.

With the tilt function of the PS3 pad, i'm sure something functional could be used, but I really think it should be left alone now.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Assimilator69

hmm too many NEGative posts in this thread

the basic control pad design has not changed from ps1 to ps3 it just been enhanced with rumble analog and motion.

then Negcon was unique for wipeout because of its percision and every time you twisted it it realy felt like you were twisting with the ship down the tracks.

motion is too lagie and does not offer a zero point or pitch adjustment and the analogue stick is too clumsy

the only thing i can see that could give the neggie a run for it's money is a fully fledged flight sim style analog joystick. but even that would be abit slow an clumsy like a big old nasty steering wheel.

wipeout is so quick and fast that it requires somthing small and precise and the only thing i've ever found that offers that is the neggie.

If liverpool and namco can released a negcon/wipeout bundle.

The NegCon and Wipeout go togehter like
    warhawk and the head set or guitarheros and the guitar.