View Poll Results: do you want a negcon to be released for the ps3

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

50 79.37%
  • no

13 20.63%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bring Back The NegCon Controller For The Ps3 !

yes it was, but all the steering wheels at the time were negcon as well(OH, that huge analog joystick came out at the same time, too bad it wasn't the same config as a dual analog controller.)

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    BulletWraith

Talking

the Dual Analog is teh Awesome!!!, I heard about it in Thruster2097's Article a couple months ago and managed to find one
    Quote Originally Posted by science View Post
    The only thing I can imagine is that the motion of the negcon has a higher resolution than the analog stick thus requiring the special support, but I doubt it.
    the only difference I can see from the 'motion' parts inside is that the Analog Sticks(which each contain two miniPotentiometers for up/down, right/left) inside the Dualshocks have about a 90' range of motion, with slightly more on the DS3/sixaxis(so I've read), while the neGcon's potentiometer(right/left) has a full 360' range of motion so yeh it's the range of motion that's bigger, I just need to find a cheap DualShock to see if the Potentiometers are interchangeable, then on to a DS3 when I can afford it

churr
    -zer0shen

if i could wish an actual wipeout ship into existence there would be a neGcon inside it, not a formula 1 wheel, not a joystick and most definitely not a sixaxis.

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

Yes sir... me too. It would be small enough to fit into such any tight cockpit... just don't break it or bust it agains the dashboard or something when colliding into something, lol...

Timezone
    GMT + 8

I joined the forums just to post in here.

YES!

http://i524.photobucket.com/albums/c...gCon-small.jpg

Imagine the negcon with wireless, all analogue buttons, 4 triggers,
    two (dualshock style) sticks and the best part?

FORCE FEEDBACK!

EDIT: LOL @ my lack of Gimp skillz.
    Last edited by Lance; 14th August 2009 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Grossly oversized image file converted from direct display to link. When you join a forum, read the rules before posting.

Default Moderator message.

When you join a forum, read the rules before posting.

PSN ID
    PHO-KU

for those that may not already have seen this other related thread:

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/sho...ghlight=negcon

i agree with the previous comments along the lines of the irrelevance of making wohd compatible with the negcon but the point being for the (redundant) hope that someone (ideally sony) launch a newer version of the this type of controller for the ps3 / next version of wo / wo & controller bundle is a great idea too.

i for one, will always purchase any and all wo related material, add-on packs, multi-formats and across regions and platforms etc etc as i totally love the franchise, it's the sole reason i bought a ps3 and (i think quite rightly) consider this to be the flagship title for sony...however i certainly feel only the negcon brought that kind of total synchronisation / immersion to the game which i for one just can't achieve with a standard controller...still being unable to get all the golds on the original release never mind on fury, i never fully got to grips with the pitch control method (properly anyway) and struggle to perform the barrel rolls on the fastest speeds not down to game design or controller functionality but because it all feels too close together to action on the standard controller with steering, pitch and b/r (if that makes sense) - perhaps my finger reactions and just getting worn out and gaming skills decreasing with age lol - whereas on the negcon, as steering was seperate to perform, i can pitch (or for that matter implement a b/r) as a seperate manoeuver.

we all know it'll never happen, but in my eyes i certainly am unable to obtain that "at one" feeling with the game on a standard controller i once could.

I agree completely. Would real AG ships be flown with dpads or analogue sticks? I doubt it. For that matter, would real course designers build courses so that drivers avoided the track/racing line and instead looked for walls to jump off in order to do speed inducing stunts. Unlikely. If barrel rolls existed, there would be ramps to dp them off like an SSX track, but I digress. Where this is relevant is that with the lack of a negcon and other changes we have moved a long long way from the form of immersion you had in the original 3 wipeouts, even if the series may be more commercially succesful these days. I really do agree some form of new controller like a negcon would help bring some of that old feeling back. I am one of those for whom the current "standard" controllers are really not adequate to the task if pitch control is really necessary. But there`s no money in our dreams, I think

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    graeble

sorry i dont know about the negcon controller but i would like to play wohd with a steering wheel. the only problem would be airbrakes and side shifting. maybe a steering wheel with buttons on the back? if the game designers made a compatible cockpit in both form and function i think i'd just about pee myself.

i'd love to be able to push down on the gas.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

One of these Sony scph-1110e controller can be done but it's very tricky.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDRyYXz3q8o