Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The ambient sound problems

Default The ambient sound problems

Other people have mentioned that the crowd noise seems to be missing, as it seems to be on mine. Someone mentioned that their Fort Gale definitely has crowd noises, but I just checked mine and there seems to be none. More than that, I turned off the music and there don't seem to be any ambient sounds.

The ship sounds and weapons etc are all intact but nothing else.

Anyone know what's up with the sound or if there is a way to fix it? I've tried a few more track since and can't hear anything. Now it's possible aside from crowd noises that there aren't any more trackside sounds - is that the case?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Flashback_Jack

There are plenty of ambient sounds apart from crowd noises. There are the sounds of pistons firing aplenty on Talon's Junction, the sound of rain and thunder on Fort Gale, etc. Surprised you don't hear any of it.

There's a sound setting in your PSP's configuration that has an effect on the overall volume in the game. The exact name of the setting escapes me, but make sure it's disabled.

- F

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

Try turning off the Dynamic Normalizer or AVLS. Or change that equaliser thing to 'off' (The button next to 'select')

Hope it helps.

Where do I find the dynamic normaliser? I'll give that a go. Outpost 7 still definitely has wind noise so it's weird Fort Gale currently seems to be missing it.

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

In the Music/Sound menu. The avls is in the power save menu.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Flashback_Jack

Yeah, that's what I meant.

- F

Thanks, I got those now although they were both already set to 'off'. I've done a few tests now and there's definitely something really off with my sound. Not that I'd wish problems on you guys but I'm hoping I'm not the only one and I'm hoping there's a way to fix it.

If I'm on a tournament and put my psp into sleep mode then start it up again, every race in that tournament will have no ambient sounds at all as far as I can tell. Completely gone. However, starting from the main menu (for example the first race of a tournament or a single race), I'll have sounds. But, strangely, not always all of them. For example, starting a sinle race on Fort Gale, I had no crowd sounds at all. But I did have rain, thunder and the noise of that round tunnel during the opening sequence. When the ships start up, however, the levels are so low on the ambient sounds that they're very hard to hear.

Doing a complete restart of the system and selecting Fort Gale again, I had crowd sounds back but the sound of that tunnel was completely gone. Overall the ambient sounds seemed louder. Playing a few more races (without going into sleep) my PSP seemed to drop more and more sounds until I was back to silence.

When you turn the music off, the voice vanishes from the race intros so it's easy to hear what's missing and what's not.

It's a shame because someone must have put a lot of work into the sounds and I used to love racing Pure with no music to hear the sounds.

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

Try removing the disc, turning off the system, removing the battery, then charging with it without it being switched on. After All, I'm sure there's a lonely, upset copy of WipEout 3 somewhere

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

Oh it's not lonely. It's at my house.

I played mine yesterday. Attempted to, anyway. I seem to have forgotten how.

I'm so confused - how did WO3 get into this?

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

I mean that there may be a copy of wo3 at your house that you havent played because of the almighty Pulse. Read my previous post.

I guess I'm just missing slightly what that might have to do with the Pulse sound issues.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    BARTgai

um, yeah.....back on topic. i figured out the only way to get the crowd sounds, is to quit the game to the home menu, start up the game (and make sure you dont go into sleep mode. thats what makes the crowd sounds go away )

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

they (the crowd) fall asleep?

I never turn off my psp unless the battery runs out or I need to change game
    which hasn't happen often since I got Pulse!

PSN ID
    Ash-Omen

sounds like a ram problem cos u said its get worse the more u play maybe the ram is filling up alittle too much and therefor not enough room for more sounds too run, does ur game ever crash?

could jus be a dodgy copy of the game see if u can test in another psp

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Quote Originally Posted by zargz View Post
    they (the crowd) fall asleep?
    LOL, wonderful! :-) It's not a bug, it's a feature. :)

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    BARTgai

a RAM problem? Well, if it runs on the PSP phat, then it shouldnt have any problems with the slims 64mb RAM

Actually, who is on a slim? I'm on a slim and have the problem. Do people with the original model have this problem?

PSN ID
    Ash-Omen

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    Actually, who is on a slim? I'm on a slim and have the problem. Do people with the original model have this problem?
    im on phat, lol thats wat u get for having a better model than us phats