Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The small Things

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

This thread is titled "The small things" so I thought it would be appropriate to place this here.

Here is something I just noticed while watching the newer WipEout HD trailer.

I thought WipEout HD was FX-350... Is it? Was this just a placeholder because the real texture was not made yet? I hope it is, because it's a bit out of context, the FX-400 isn't supposed to exist yet according to the story.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

They exist concurrently, although that shouldn't be there it looks like footage from quite an old build. Mind you, with the kind of attention to detail that left a WipEout Pure logo on the WipEout Pulse UMD, it wouldn't entirely shock me if it was there in the final release.

Timezone
    GMT + 2

Haha look at those awnings above the crowd , they look nice and lambert-ish untextured to me
    Guessing that footage was from a really old build , I'm surprised they put old build untextured stuff in the trailer .

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Well this is the trailer with the "Gravity ends in 2008" at the end, and it's a few months old so hopefully everything in this shot was corrected...

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

*SL Graphic Designer is currently reading the wipeoutzone forum, stumbles upon this thread
    *SL Graphic Designer frenzedly checks game assets
    *SL Graphic Designer shireks "aieeeeee!!!", and hurries off to correct it.

Also, I think the colour of the FX300 logo on the Pulse UMD is slightly different to the Pure UMD. More of the greenish colour used in Pulse.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Quote Originally Posted by infoxicated View Post
    (regarding a Wipeout 3 cockpit view mode for Wipeout HD) Not really, 'cos (sic) you couldn't see most of the track. In fact, with the Mirage/Mantis you wouldn't be able to see anything at all!
    Then how do those Mirage pilots get around the track? O_o

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

I will echo the thoughts of Hollywood directors.
    "Hollywood? Hollywood doesn't have to make sense! Let's make guns have infinite ammo, lipstick not come off in water and when it's night, it isn't really dark, just bluish!"

Wipeout graphics designer: "It doesn't have to make sense, coz it looks *beep* sweet!"

PSN ID
    humangoogle -OFW-

Quote Originally Posted by RJ O'Connell View Post
    Then how do those Mirage pilots get around the track? O_o
    Maybe the forks have LCD panels on them, live feeds of the track?

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

A coffin system?

PSN ID
    humangoogle -OFW-

yeah, I guess it would be similar to that...
    Ace X strikes again!

PSN ID
    Yagya

i agree with the trails needing some more touch ups. perhaps let the trails warp; even warp as someone passes in front of another racer, making a wind-tunnel effect onto the other car. longer trails is a nice call as well.

i want a cockpit view. for cone shaped ships it could work, but for the fork shaped ones, i don't know. maybe transparency/opacity.

i kind of want damage shown, but at the same time i like how they always look together. i liked in F-zero GX how the pilots would actually turn the steering wheel. also have to agree with showing panel movement like airbrakes and turning and such.

when i was watching the 8+ min video that showed Zone mode. my brain melted with the music visualizations all over the ground and walls. i want MOAR! i want different visualizations; maybe like line graph-esque, spectrum type ones.

i was blown away seeing the equalizer bars on the Zone track. amazing AMAZING touch. thank you for that team!