That's what this thread is about. Because Pulse and HD will most likely have a lot in common it's probably easier to say which things annoy you or which things should stay.
And I'm just talking about small things like menu options, design specific aspects and the like here. Stuff that's still changable in the already very late stage of the game. No "I wanna get rid off the magstrips" or "get this and that track in".

I'll try to keep it clean here, so please give just a simple headline for your feature and explain it with a few words or sentences.
Headlines in capital letters and bold.

THE HUD
WOPulse did really well here, maybe it's even the best HUD ever. Please stay with the possibility to turn it into flat or concave or off. Maybe it's even possible to personalize the HUD? Turn certain info off or on? Nice for Time Trial or Zone where you just need very little information. Maybe even save these configs to different slots and assign them to the different modes?
Ah, and this.

SPEEDPAD EFFECT
Very nice in Pulse. I like the glow when passing a speedpad or activating a turbo. The additional thrusters is the icing on the cake. Stay with that!

DEFAULT SETTING
That's already done here and there in Pulse, but not continiuous. If you select menu item XY it should stay as default till you change it so you don't have to scroll through the whole selection screen again and again.

PHOTO MODE
If in WOHD again, please make it possible whenever you're in the game; in menus, after races, in races, simply everytime. How? There are enough buttons on the PS3 controller. For example SELECT. SELECT won't be used for anything anyway because it's triangle for change view and L1 to look back. A combination of where to set the camera would be nice, too. Zoom in/out and rotate the camera. Also for this there are enough buttons to do so.

RESCUE CRAFT
Was there in WOF then never seen again. AG-racing must be a very dangerous sport if the pilot explodes with the craft. I can understand it for WOPure and WOPulse due to the limitations of the system, but if the PS2 had enough power to rescue a pilot, then the PS3 should have it even more.

LOADING SCREEN
I do understand that new players like tips while loading, but after a while they just get on your nerves. If I still don't know what a quake does in Phantom then I'm playing the wrong game. So let's just go back to 2097's screen where you got a few info about the tracks and the ships and alike. Or simply go back to Pure's.

THE MENU
Sure, that's a matter of taste. In comparison with Pure Pulse's menus look very un-WipEouty. I though WO was all about minimalism and nice graphic design. Maybe I'm wrong but I would like to see that again. And from what I've seen at the official page and the vids from the G|C in Leipzig, SL is just on the right way!

CUSTOM SOUNDTRACK
Needless to say that a come-back is appreciated. It was nice if all MP3 will work and their names/tags aren't limited to a predefined number of characters.

VISUAL DAMAGE
Hah! Anybody remembers this? That was dropped for Pulse. Is it there for HD again? Maybe that goes too much into the "big things" direction, so I won't gonna get into it.

FORCE WALL
First seen in WOPulse and a really nice addition. I like the effect when something's hitting the wall very much. Can't wait to see that in high-def with an even more animated and stunning effect. But: you ship should take damage from the force wall, too. In the end some turns in Pulse are easier when you fly over the side panels because of that.

FIXED CAMERA
Far camera should be bug-free for Magstrip sections.

MUSIC VOLUME
Should be adjustable in 10%-steps rarther than 25% steps.

FINISH LINE
Yes that's a very small thing and goes down to taste as well. But from what I've seen of WOHD the finsih line laser looks like everything but a laser. Give it a bright glowing blue (or red if you want to stay with that). But for now (and I know the game changes pretty much every week) the laser is barely visible.

BARREL ROLL
It's a small thing because it's just a matter of getting rid of code or not. If you really want to stay with it (I don't want to start a discussion whether they are good in general or not) just implement them if you can guarantee that they really work in every game mode and every time you want to make one. Then you can start discussion. If you can't guarantee it get rid of them as fast as I can say "rid of".

That's it for now. I'll update my post when I found more. Maybe everybody should do that with his post and add a small note when you've updated your list