Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Wipeout HD interview (French), ten new screens (wow)

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

Sorry I'm a little late... Yes, rain is all that it would seem to need, and this would be the exact Wipeout I had dreamt of waiting for Fusion (which was a let down...) My dream has finally come true (at least it seems that way)...

Screens look great!

There are adaptors that make old playstation controllers work through the usb port of the ps3, i will take this moment solemnly to request support for the NeGcon via this device...

it had to be said...

I find motion sensors ok for some generic games, but still they arent precise and are laggy (by a slim fraction of second margin but theres lag), you know at some moment when you know the game etc. you need that precision (pretty please?), i am not saying this is the only way to play, i just need the option to check out for myself

kind of a longshot, i know.

PSN ID
    NFNiTM

Those screens look amazing!

Just think of this; we all know that HD is not the PROPER WipEout for PS3, you can only imagine who good the proper PS3 WipEout will look.

I just hope we're not forced to use the SIXAXIS control, it just feels to akward.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    cybrpnk

Personally, i am quite excited about the sixaxis controller implementation... when done right, like in Ridge Racer 7...(i find it right anyway...it's responsive, fun, and the only way i'll ever play ridge racer from now on)...it will truly determine WipEout HD as a next-gen gaming experience... I have confidence that Studio Liverpool will do it right...if not, HD will only be a stepping stone, and by the time a true PS3 WipEout comes out, it will be the definitive anti-gravity experience... Let's hope, HD is not a stepping stone...

The latest issue of GamesTM has a WipEout HD preview in it. Still looking as lovely as ever.

The one thing that has confused me is they have a side panel with a little on the control system and it says that one control system had to be dropped because it was so 'painful'. I'm just wondering what they tried and why it was so bad?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Btw:
    It could be that these screens are already a few months old, because IGN has a few of them too, but already for a long(er) time. And one of the guys from SL (was it Colin?) said that one of the Sebenco-screens must have been from an older version of the game in an other thread.
    Now if the screens were made all at the same time (and I guess so), the game will probably look even better now

EDIT:
    Found it. And it was Egg. Sorry, Jon
    link

Forgiven!

Looking through those NeoGaf shots this morning, and they're still fairly old. The Qirex is a prototype model - that's been recently replaced. But HD comes on so quickly every week, that most things are out of date even with the quick turnaround of internet articles.

And I love reading the Xbots on some of the forums out there, claiming these shots are faked by Studio Liverpool's art team. Brilliant insight, guys.

It is looking pretty stunning. Not at all what I expected - when it was announced, I thought it would just be the bare minimum of touch-up plus a HD output of Pure and Pulse but the amount of work in these images is staggering. I'm very impressed.

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

Quote Originally Posted by agent orange View Post
    Personally, i am quite excited about the sixaxis controller implementation... HD may only be a stepping stone, and by the time a true PS3 WipEout comes out, it will be the definitive anti-gravity experience... Let's hope, HD is not a stepping stone...
    Unless the second one is super-super badass... An HD Wipeout that re-amped all of the PS1 versions would be crazy...

About the sixaxis... do you think it would be possible to still have a negcon with sixaxis availability, perhaps if the sensor on the pad is in the centor core of the neggy... because I've begin to really love the feel of the negcon, mabye it can be brought back still??

Quote Originally Posted by Colin
    From a purely personal point of view, there is a track on the Spawn soundtrack called No Remorse, it is Slayer featuring Atari Teenage Riot. I think a remix of that would be great, but it is purely my personal choice.
    Holy dogpoop on a stick, Colin likes ATR! That track in particular is seven shades of awesome, especially in ATR's live sets. Hey Colin - any chance of some of Alec Empire's drum'n'bass on the next wipEout? In particular 'Forgive Not Muthaf**kers! (Cause it Don't Make it Alright!)' from the 'Destroy Deutschland! Fight Against Nazis!' EP goes very well in Pulse.

On the screenshots, it just keeps looking better and better, I can't believe these are still a work in progress - though I thought I'd seen a couple in some IGN piece a few weeks back, the new, new ones are looking suitably spiffy.

P.S. Egg, the new Qirex, does it still look similar to the one we've seen so far, cause I really like it, it's a lot different to the usual Qirex, especially with the Pulse one looking so 'oldskool' - not that that's a bad thing either.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    BulletWraith

Talking

don't mind me
    Last edited by BulletWraith; 31st December 2007 at 11:40 PM. Reason: I went to OT

A tendency to wander offtopic does seem to be increasing in this thread, yes

Mark Of Insanity is offline Pilot's License Suspended Rapier Pilot

I really like the Qirex and Assegais shown in the pictures... the Assegai doesn't really look like an Assegai, but it has it's own style and I like that. I really hope HD has the loyalty system.

Aesthetically, I think that the Triakis, EG-X and Goteki will be my favourites.

I am thoroughly impressed with HD. Waiting for news on PS3 WO before I make up my mind about buying a PS3 though.
    The picture of Sol2 is my background!
    Last edited by Mark Of Insanity; 2nd January 2008 at 04:33 PM. Reason: failure to grammatacerise correctly

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

If the pics in my Playstation magazine are accurate it won't look like that, it's got the Pulse standard models here. Also it says Triakis is Australian.

Your magazine is lying to you, or they're just lazy and using some old screens of Pulse they had lying around.

Oh and Triakis is a multinational but apparently headquartered in Australia, that bit is accurate (AFAIK).

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Yeah - HQ for the racing team is in Adelaide, Australia, but they are indeed a multinational megacorp.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Megacorp?? So it's like Triakis vs Microsoft in a bid to control the world! How will windows fight its way out of this one.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

Quote Originally Posted by infoxicated View Post
    Yeah - HQ for the racing team is in Adelaide, Australia, but they are indeed a multinational megacorp.
    Awesome. I can see the custom Triakis skin now:
    Triakis - No Rules

Let's hope that the independent Linux open-source anti-gravity racing teams can at least hold their own against the megacorps.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Actually, I had the Bush family favourite Haliburton in mind at the time.