Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Wipeout HD interview (French), ten new screens (wow)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

I can't believe how different Vineta K looks. It's unbelievable! The whole game looks so much more "grown-up". Can't wait to play that. And there's bump-mapping all the way! And reflections! And lighting! Yes!

Good you guys at SL did not overdo it with the effects, it's just stunning!

EDIT:
    Just found this and this artwork in the linked thread, too

EDIT2:
    Could you please add rain to one (or more) of the tracks? Cause then I'm out of words.
    Last edited by Sausehuhn; 27th December 2007 at 10:56 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Looks so beautiful !

Quote Originally Posted by Colin
    The online gameplay is good and due to the plug-in modular system of design and code we can expand the feature set of the game through downloads, meaning that the initial online experience on launch can be added to over time to further enrich the experience.
    In case of cheaters exploiting a hack, SL can solve the problem : that's good to hear

PSN ID
    miufs

OMG...

This pictures blew me away! I never felt so excited about a WO game since WO2097 as i am now...

This game is shaping to be truly amazing.

Add some extra-tripping soundtrack and some weather effects (like mentioned in the post above) to it and iŽll have the game of my life! =)

I would think that a major reason that Sony is putting a partly new WipEout on PS3 is to give more people a reason to buy PS3. It always helps to have another great game in your console's portfolio. Without HD, they might have to wait a much longer time before they had another topline racing game. PS3 is still not a major sales success and is getting pasted by Wii, so there's lot of incentive for Sony to do everything possible to improve.

I wonder also if there are people who prefer to have a full-size high-rez big-screen console instead of a portable, who would be unlikely to buy a PSP. Some might not like the small screen of a portable, or if they have to choose only one console and gamedisc because of economics, would go for the big one.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

^^
    My interpretation is like Lance's. Personally, I am excited about Wipeout HD because it will allow me to play Pure/Pulse tracks on a large screen, with improved graphics, using an analog controller, with better online features. That's worth $50 to me-- and I'm glad to have access to the game much earlier than a full-fledged new entry to the franchise (which I am also looking forward to as well).

Quote Originally Posted by Sausehuhn View Post
    Just found this and this artwork in the linked thread, too
    That second picture you link there is really fun IMO

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    Some might not like the small screen of a portable, or if they have to choose only one console and gamedisc because of economics, would go for the big one.
    Absolutely, it's great more people get their hands on the current WO generation, and I'll have my download copy the day it will be available! I'm just wondering why Sony doesn't mind adding what's more of a conversion than a sequel to a strong brand such as WipEout.

Ben

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

I want HD not only because it looks stunning but because I want to play Wipeout on a proper size screen again, I also hope HD won't be so easy to cheat at. Now then a more pressing issue, in those lovely shots, that Assegai, tell me thats not going to be the final version? Please.

PSN ID
    RozPT

Good lord! Those screenshots are beautiful! Now I MUST get a PS3 in 2008. :'(

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

I wonder what the minimum resolution is that WOHD will run at? Does the PS3 have to be hooked up to a 1080p screen, or will 720p work? Will it be playable on a normal tv (480i in N.America)??

Although I'm sure it would look pretty bad at 480i, I'm still curious.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    WindyMan

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    I wonder what the minimum resolution is that WOHD will run at? Does the PS3 have to be hooked up to a 1080p screen, or will 720p work? Will it be playable on a normal tv (480i in N.America)??
    Of course it will. Any game console can be connected to any TV anywhere in the world (more or less) so you can play the game on whatever you have. It's just that the game, and the PS3, can support resolutions as high as 1080p. If all you've got it 480i or 720p, it will just display in those resolutions.