Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: list of Cheaters and possible cheaters on line!

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Suspected cheaters:

BARTgai
    Neverdown
    Technicolour

THEY ALL USE FEISAR AS FAR AS I KNOW OMGZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!

PSN ID
    NFNiTM

What you guys(i dont have a PSN account) should also do is gang up on known cheaters with a fully blown forward-shitstorm.

That oughtta teach'em.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    BARTgai

Quote Originally Posted by Neverdown View Post
    Suspected cheaters:

BARTgai
    Neverdown
    Technicolour

THEY ALL USE FEISAR AS FAR AS I KNOW OMGZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!

WHAT THE HELL????? I DONT CHEAT!!!

wait, your name is on there...
    Last edited by BARTgai; 30th December 2007 at 09:38 PM. Reason: wait..

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Enough with the caps - I think Neverdown was trying to be funny, but sadly came across as an asshole. It happens.

PSN ID
    damonhill0

Lol, it happens far too much on the internet that!

Anyway, I too played Sarkozy online and he does indeed do odd things. One race I started from 3rd, he was 2nd and a Feisar was on the pole. We all got boost starts but his was much more powerful than the Feisar's. He was in an Assegai iirc. He got half way down the first straight before the boost stopped.

Still beat him though!

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    BARTgai

hosted a game, and sar joined. turned weapons off, and i beat him in that race came in first in fact

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Quote Originally Posted by infoxicated View Post
    Enough with the caps - I think Neverdown was trying to be funny, but sadly came across as an asshole. It happens.
    I don't think you should take any post ending with caps and OMGZ seriously.
    Anyway, back ontopic..
    Last edited by Neverdown; 31st December 2007 at 11:09 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Flashback_Jack

Now I'm seeing clear evidence of people sharing profiles to boost their friends' rankings. Au_Man_Hunter and Au_Xtreme both have identical times in a number of tables. Unless it's a single person with two accounts, which logic tells me is unlikely considering the frequency of their appearing side-by-side in the tables, I label 'em both as cheaters regardless of what misfortunes may or may not have innocently befallen one of their profiles.

- F

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Looks like there should be some more names added to this thread, namely those people using custom firmware to play at 333 online, nice one, give yourself an advantage like that then turn a blind eye to your own cheating and come on here ranting about other cheats.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    NeXaR_QroN

Is this game not supposed to play at 333 even on standard firmware?

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

No, it doesn't. Any ideas that it might in single player mode were quashed by Foxy in a thread I can't find. I don't recall reading any official material that says it plays at that speed on or offline, it definitely doesn't online that I remember seeing not possible due to battery.

PSN ID
    damonhill0

I think it may he been Egg who said it. Too hard on the batteries to have it at 333 and wifi on.

I don't know if anyone else is thinking this but, the cheating could be a lot worse.

If you think about it, how many hundreds of people have played Pulse online? And we only know of 3 or 4 cheaters. I know that none but be better but it could also be a lot worse.

Maybe i've just got my rose-tinted glasses on...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    zerojay

There's over 1000 players listed on the Wipeout-Game site and we only know of 3 or 4 cheaters. Not bad at all.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Flashback_Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Rapier Racer View Post
    ..people using custom firmware to play at 333 online, nice one, give yourself an advantage like that then turn a blind eye to your own cheating and come on here ranting about other cheats.
    Wrong.

The PSP falls back to using the standard 222mhz online over wi-fi regardless of what clock speed the PSP is set to. That's from Dave Karraker, Senior Director of Sony Corporate Communications. There are assumptions and then there are facts. This thread is highly lockworthy because assumptions, unchecked and unchallenged, appear to be running amock and the spite I'm seeing in this thread is getting downright ugly.

- F
    Last edited by Flashback Jack; 2nd January 2008 at 02:23 PM.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Oh but I've played people at Pure who claimed to be running at 333 online, a very respectable pilot here in fact who admitted he was trying it out before the race, it certainly appeared like something was different during the race, clearly an advantage was gained.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Flashback_Jack

Forget about the assumptions, period. Stick with the facts.

And unless those who claim to play any PSP game at 333mhz online have access to a new breed of PSP hardware the rest of us don't, playing online at that clockspeed is an impossibility because the hardware as created by Sony says so. Sony wanted to balance performance and battery life, so limiting CPU speed while a battery-hungry wi-fi transceiver operates at full tilt was a natural first and only step.

- F

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    zerojay

You can set it to 333 and the PSP will happily tell you that it's at 333, but when using Wifi, it's actually running at 222. Nothing you can do can change that.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Doesn't the firmware control all this though? I also believe Sony claimed the PS2 would end PCs. Lets not believe everything Sony says.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Flashback_Jack

You're reaching, Rapier. It's a hardware limitation. All the software in the world won't and can't correct this.

- F

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

OK so if its not the processor speed what the hell was it? The ship got off the grid quicker, recovered from weapon blasts way quicker than it should have and was harder than normal to keep up with (Talking about Pure here), all on this PSP running the viral firmware, it gives an advantage somehow and I won't be told otherwise.