Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best song on Soundtrack

actually scratch what i just said, nu-skool breakz r00lz and all you sukcaz can kiss my devisive genre sub-divisions

mmm.... yeah. but that only works when you're talking to someone who's a fan of a particular genre. if you're talking to someone who just likes music in general or who is a fan of another genre or sub-genre like electronica or house, they're not going to know the jargon. for instance, i have no idea what nu-skool beats are even after hearing your description of it relative to 'big beat' because i don't know what 'big beat' is in this context even though big beat obviously has some meaning in music in a general way. i just recently got interested in big band jazz and swing in a major way if i were to talk about late 20's post-dixieland proto-swing, people who weren't fans of big band music would have no idea what i'm talking about unless i explained it to them. if i have to do that, then using the labels was a waste of time. the extremely finely nuanced labels that have been common in electronica mean something only to the fans of electronica, so they're only useful within that group of people. maybe this is why i object to labels, because they're exclusionary. a way to create an in-group and an out-group. or not.

~

''actually scratch what i just said, nu-skool breakz r00lz and all you sukcaz can kiss my devisive genre sub-divisions ''

lol

yep i agree, they're only useful if you know what they mean in the first place so i take your point that a label can be exclusionary.

i guess it depends on how you use it really, i certainly wouldn't want to sound like i'm trying to be mr dance music expert

the kind of music i mean when i say nu-skool breaks is like the track icaras on the w3 soundtrack, so ther's quite a machine like electronic feel to it, and the tempo is quite fast but the rythm isn't too rigid.

i'd be one of the people who doesn't know what post-dixieland proto swing means but it sounds cool!

''the tempo is quite fast but the rythm isn't too rigid''

i hear that Squirrel Nut Zippers are like that sometimes, but without the machine sound.

Now that was just unnecessary...
    :

Timezone
    GMT + 3
    PSN ID
    xaerock

Default wipeout music

i like stakker humanoid 2001 and sick.When i got the game i thinked there would be good music like wipeout3's music

Quote Originally Posted by Lance
    i hear that Squirrel Nut Zippers are like that sometimes, but without the machine sound.
    hehehe

Default ..

Make mine Sick,Wav Seeker and Bassheads.I can't get into the rest though.

Sub-genres are sometimes very obscure and the line that divides them, certainly in electronica (and also in modern rock), is often very vague. Often it's hard to differentiate between house and techno in the early '90s, or between some forms of jungle and drum&bass.

Also, the site mentioned gave a good overview but I think it was too technical when it came down to making a "family tree" of genres. I wouldn't link trance to techno, for example. Techno is much more experimental and certainly not always uses 1234-type beats (early techno perhaps did - that's why most of it is rather annoying now ) whereas trance has a wholly different soundscape. I would rather say that trance is a mixture of house and ambient (as such, slow melodies and fast beats). Then of course there's hard-trance, and I could rant on for hours about how bad most trance is these days... :x

I find myself listening to old house lately, and early club music. Man. I was born too late.

V.

Jeroen said:
    ''I find myself listening to old house lately, and early club music. Man. I was born too late''

i was there for late 70s disco; it was a hell of a lot of fun. completely different sound and style and feel from anything ever before. dunno if you'd have liked it, but i sure did.

i kinda wish i'd been around during the swing era, except for all that World War II thing putting a damper on the fun after the first few years

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    DJTECHNO

Swing Kids and Harlem Nights both were funny movies and really showed out Swing dancing.

But my favorite track on Fusion?
    Elite Force
    Krushyn

every time I had a lock on target and the words krush him were said out came the missles, rockets, grenades, and orbital lazer because nothing was going to stop me from winning. I would do exactly what the song says Krush them.

And I want to throw in Luke Slatars song too
    I can't remember it, but his new album I bought was worth it

my fav tracks are bolt up and stakker humanoid, because they're both perfectly for zone.

PSN ID
    Thruster2097

thrusty`s topical top three (sorry, just had to alliterate that one!!! : )

*hong kong trash - down the river* was supposed to be in wip3out....but never made it. So, due to the fact that it is the tune in most of the promotional videos and probably destined for fusion before fusion was made, I guess that this is the theme tune.
    Great track to launch yourself off the huge jump on florian 3.

*bt - smartbomb (plump dj`s remix)* even though it has been associated with ssx tricky, it still maintains a certain something out there on the track. A good track for calm, strategical racing, or zone mode.

*utah saints - sick (instrumental)* fast paced, aggressive and arguably melodic. A hallmark wipeout track, perfect for unleashing hell with the super weapons like feisars` super missiles or auricoms` orbital laser, also good for general "scrapping".
    I think this is from the album "two". If I could get a copy, I`d buy it just for this!

Well as I said before I still think "Krushyn" is the best.

By the way, does anyone here listen to EBM? Lately a friend of mine has been pushing his EBM cd's down my throat, and I really like it. A totally new experience for me despite the fact that the genre has been around for more than a decade.

Peace,
    V.

I just associate Apoptygma Berzerk with ebm... but do you even listen to some industrial sounds? (like :wumpscut)
    I hope the next wipeout will have a darker sound than fusion!

Bei Adrenalinmangel wird ihnen wipeout empfohlen.

Am I the only person who thinks Fusion has the best music of any Wipeout game? Perhaps if people liked the game more they`d think more fondly of the music, and there`s also the fact that unless you`re playing zone mode you only ever hear the first half of a lot of the tracks - which is a big downer compared to how the music worked in Wip3out.

The only one I don`t like is Bolt Up, which elbows its way to the front of my consciousness and makes me crash into things. I think its a love or hate piece of music that one.

I do like "Bassheads", but not as much as when I first got the game and thought it was "Spaceheads" ops:

Can`t choose the best track on Fusion - as Thruster suggested, different tunes work for different moments.

@ Bunkergate

I don't really like Apoptygma Berzerk... for one reason or another their vocals remind me of power metal. And I don't immensely like power metal either .

I like BlutEngel, Hocico, Feindflug and VNV Nation, but I'm still discovering the genre since I just recently got to know it (a few months back). Oh, and Razed in Black was also good, although that one was more industrial than EBM.

Peace,
    V.

yeah, feindflug=good music (even if I just know 3 tracks...), but you've got to listen to :wumpscut! Look at www.betondisco.de
    I think wo1 has got the worst soundtrack. (except "wipeout")

Bei Adrenalinmangel wird ihnen wipeout empfohlen.

gasP... splutter splutter. i loVe the music from the first wipEout

ooh... the unfair enormity of your assertion!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    xEik

The truth is that WipEout soundtrack didn't have as much diversity as its sequels (that is PSX versions). Maybe CoLD SToRAGE isn't the kind of artist that appeals to bg7.

PRACTICE LEADS TO PERFECTION !