Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Plausible Ways To Spot a cheater

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Is possible for me to play online tomorrow and I know james_sp is not a cheater cos I know he is a very good pilot as long he does not beat me!

stevie

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

I might be adventurous and go on now.

Oh, ****, wrong thread!

Oh well, seems this thread has been very useful.
    Last edited by mdhay; 25th July 2008 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Der!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

I previously talked in this thread of one way to show that his record in the ranking table is honest, by loading his ship ghost. I loaded 2 ghosts in the first panel (time trial, talon junction white, best lap, venom). The first ghost is owned by Ncr_assassin who has a speed time phantom in a venom category (everybody knows why), but this cheater has put his ghost to load (???? he wanted to sign his crime ?) . I loaded also the Yannisss ghost (rank 4 with good and plausible time). I raced against the two ghosts. For the first one, the guy was going at light speed despite touching two walls in the first part of the track (after i don't know what happened,i can't follow him more than few seconds = indisputably his ship has a behavior suspect ). for the second one (Yannisss's), his ship has a normal behavior, he follow good trajectories, passes on every speed pads and i was able to follow him longer to appreciate his skills. This guy is good and don't cheat (except if a cheat enhance piloting skills ).
    I think ghost loading can be a way of showing honesty (and also, i know, his tricks of piloting). This case is clear (8 seconds on a guy like Kandang), but in the case a record looks less suspect (one or half a second's gap) the ghost can show the integrity.
    Maybe a solution for those who are now distrustful and demotivated regarding the table ranking.
    But it seems that cheaters can't be content with so little difference. Theses kids (i hope for them) need recognition and aren't very discreet .

PSN ID
    Yagya

how come none of my times or anything get uploaded to the wipeout-game site. that's a good method leungbok.. if they choose to actually upload a ghost

Timezone
    GMT + 2

Ok, so in the case of pulse and pure a ghost save can be a plausible signature for a valid record but how about WO3 or Fusion? Back in 2001 I knew somebody who has finished all golds for WO3 with the codes for infinite shield and items. I sow even the last race: 2 guys on the same joystick, one using the controls and the other searching for the right item to use, and accelerating constantly with the hyperthrust. I was imprested back then for their coordination but thinking back now, I wonder how much those golds are really worthed ? Anyone can make a perfect time record like this. So I guess my question is …”Is there any filter at all against such records in the charts and if found is the “cheat-record” removed?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

Leungbok,

You're right, it's really better to hunt a ghost than just a time. So I've decided to post -humble contribution- my entire white phantom speed lap collection lol. Team Avalon forever!
    Last edited by kanar; 10th August 2008 at 10:38 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

You're right Kanar. Thank's for the ghosts to beat records
    But i'll load mine's just to be fair.