Thread: I am finding flash, HARDER than phantom - is anyone else experiencing this?

PSN ID
    Liambotham

Default I am finding flash, HARDER than phantom - is anyone else experiencing this?

Recently after switching almost permanently to phantom, i entered a few races in "flash" class online, i found that i ended up turning too soon, reacting too soon to coming corners, and generally hitting walls. Yet in phantom, im not having any problems except for a few tracks.

Anybody else experienced a similar thing?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    phl0w

Not really as I use Piranha exclusively. There's no such thing as turning too early with the beast Besides, on Flash there's plenty of time to react to mistimed inputs.
    Speaking of Flash, however, I find it the best suited speed class for Single Races as it really lets you battle out fierce 1 on 1 duels over a longer period of time, since it doesn't need you to stick to certain racing lines like on Phantom.

ive been like this for every wipeout really, turn too soon if im not on phantom

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Dont worry bothamliam its just your mind adjusting/processing to different speeds. Kinda like when youve been driving very fast on a country road and then you hit a town settlement and you have to drop speed. Then once you down to that slower speed everything seems extremmly slow (and tedious), reaction time feels different also. Then when you back on the country road going flat out again, its seems like you are back into your norm. Nothing original there, im sure most of the highest ranking Wipeout pilots experience this alot. Look at one of the Canadian Convention videos on you tube (Hyandai rental car 120mph).

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

In Pulse I am even turing too soon in Phantom because the steering is too direct for me.

PSN ID
    Liambotham

hehe, turning as you would in the console versions? The back end on those always appears to be on ice so you end up turning VERY early most of the time.