Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Timeline confusion...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Quote Originally Posted by infoxicated View Post
    the "Le Havre endurance event" was a shout out to Arnaud's crazy band of pilots who hit the tracks like the fist of an angry god for an entire weekend, and then some.

To be associated with Icaras is a true honor

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    GalaticTitan

Hey um I have another question. Wipeout Pure used to be the fx150 league...why`d it change to fx300 league all of a sudden? Just wondering.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

FX150 was an amateur-only league that pre-dated the 300. Meaning none of the big teams could enter unless it was by way of their ships being entered by privateers. It remained as such after the reformation of the pro circuit (FX300), but until then it was the only race in town.
    Last edited by RJ O'Connell; 29th August 2008 at 10:20 PM.

PSN ID
    Coming Soon

This may sound like a tard of a question haha, but how do you know so much about the leagues Rob, were you apart of the Wipeout crew or something and thanks for the explanation

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Yeah, I worked there from 2002-2008 and, Wipeout-wise I wrote the back stories for Pure, Pulse, and HD, plus all the content for Wipeout-Game.com and the front-end web development for it.

PSN ID
    Coming Soon

Thats awesome bro! Now I know who to show total respect to haha.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    haiku_

Quote Originally Posted by infoxicated View Post
    Yeah, I worked there from 2002-2008 and, Wipeout-wise I wrote the back stories for Pure, Pulse, and HD, plus all the content for Wipeout-Game.com and the front-end web development for it.

*STAR STRUCK*

I had no idea. I feel like you are the guy who had my dream job. I think you did a terrific job of bringing a realistic background to this terrific franchise. I love my company and career and there is nothing I would change about it, but everyone I know has heard me say the same thing "If there is any company I would ever work for if not my own, it would be Studio Liverpool working on Wipeout games".

In particular, doing graphic design/UI design on the games, or doing copy/historical work on the story.

Since you were there until 2008, did you happen to do the writing for all of the badges people get in online races? If you did not, do you have the contact of the person who did? I would also love to know who did the graphic design for the badge icons.

There is a new feature I am developing on speedtest.net that is actually inspired by my love for Wipeout and I would love to hire/contract them for this project. Drop me a private message if you are open to sharing that information with me.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

I don't know who did the badge descriptions, I'm afraid - it was after my time, but I imagine the design for them was handled by Studio Liverpool's in-house graphic design team.

You're right about it being a dream job - for the most part I loved every moment of my six years there, but in the end I had to leave for family reasons.

To this day I'm still amazed I got the chance to work there - the studio manager during my time, Clemens Wangerin, took a chance on hiring me and once I had my foot in the door I just ended up doing lots of different things.

If I'm being honest, I was never really brave enough to push myself to the forefront while I was there. I think a lot of the time I was pretty star struck myself by all the awesome programmers and artists I was surrounded by.

For the first 18 months after I left I rued the day and wished so much that I could go back to a previous save-point in my life from before I chose to leave. When Clemens left at the end of 2009 and then nearly everybody I had worked with got made redundant earlier this year, the spell was broken and I knew there was no going back.

It was the best six years of my career, for sure - I don't think I'll ever have another job that lives up to it, but then how could I? Guy who runs a WipEout fan site lucks into a job at the place where it all started, then goes on to write the back story and join the WipEout development team.

It doesn't get any better than that, I don't think, which is why I'll always look back on my time there with such fondness.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

Hm...With fan fiction,some things can be explained,but some will remain unknown.
    I know this is rather late,but Challenger's Team Profiles said that some teams participated in the FX-200 League(I'm not sure if there is a FX-250).
    And why do some say that HD Fury is the FX-450 Racing League?(Oops.Off-topic)
    Rob,I know you have told me this already,but perhaps you could share how the ECS Cage that appeared in Pulse debutted.