PSN ID
    technicolour

3.49 or this:

I can't find the coke-bottle craft, it would've had a larger impact :/

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    supersox

So both the ship and tracks are not available for infrastructure? Ad-hoc?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

Fascia has a point-- somebody has to foot the bill for development / distribution costs. So the options are to have a more expensive game to purchase initially; to have sponsorship; or to charge for download-able content.

I would MUCH prefer the first option but Sony may have determined that the third option is more effective.

Another thing to keep in mind-- Wipeout Pulse has had poor sales in PAL territories-- never reaching the top 10 of PSP game sales (much less game sales overall).

(UK and selected western European PSP sale rankings for 2007/2008 are searchable here, for those interested: http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.j...=210013&arch=t)

So, I dunno. It's disappointing that Sony is pushing purchase-able DLC for Wipeout games but it's not surprising, either. And dammit, people need to start buying the new Wipeout games or the franchise is going to receive a lot fewer releases

I do have one major complaint-- as a mac user, I can't use the Sony store AT ALL-- can't purchase DLC for Pulse, can't purchase the original Wipeout game to play on my PSP, can't purchase the electronic-only version of Wipeout Pure. Sony-- in case you are listening-- if you are going to have an electronic store, and push DLC, you need to make the ****ing store accessible to Mac and Linux people for Christ sakes!!!

PSN ID
    TearsToShreds

And maybe also the option of using Paypal accounts...

Sox, I tested the pack on ad-hoc and you can select the new tracks, but not the Mirage ship. Haven`t tried online yet.

I agree with you Frances, one wider issue of this is that game content is difficult to access for some people. Also the Playstation Store should clearly state that Mirage can`t be used in multiplayer. There`s some general disclaimer, but the people putting up the store information should give clearer information there.

Expecting people to pay €20 for 4 tracks and 4 ships is not exactly going to help push those WO sales figures up.

But I agree with you - for a decent amount of content, I'd far rather pay than have sponsership. But 4 tracks and 4 ships for €20 is beyond crazy, especially on top of the initial cost of buying the game.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Brica

Does it add a new grid in campaign mode or is it just for racebox ?

It seems the RRP is relatively higher in the Eurozone than in the UK, the accumulating prices do seem pretty crazy there.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    IwannaTinkle

Unhappy

Now that I had a look, this is the official information listed in the PSN:

"Full Game Support: 1 Player, Memory Stick Duo™ compatible: 544KB Minimum, Wireless Compatible (Ad Hoc Mode): 2-8 Players, Game Sharing Compatible, Wireless Compatible (Infrastructure Mode): 2-8 Players"

This is really misleading for everyone, I'm sure casual players which are enticed to download the pack only to find out they can't use this online will be REALLY pissed...

I'm wondering why would SL let this classic game get mistreated this much... (bugs, incompatibilities, charging for packs...)

I totally agree that these are tracks that were worked with the game, and now we have the very answer to our initial question, Why would they announce a game that it will include packs downloadable "shortly" after its release? Wasn;t it easier to release it all in one go? There's plenty of space in the UMD! Well, the answer in the end was, money...
    And they wanted us to beta test the game for the US release, nice going pals...
    Last edited by DjManiac21; 7th February 2008 at 03:44 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Same problem here, Frances_Penfold. At least we have another Windows computer here.
    Anyway: I won't buy it. 2€ Okay. 3€ Maybe. But 5€? 20€ for 4 ships and tracks? Plus the game? And the ships are not available for multiplayer?

Sony: you just shot yourself in the foot.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Well, oh my God the is utter outrage, how dare Wipeout and SL start this new and previously unseen trend of charging for additional content whilst every other developer is giving it away for free.

On making that point however, it is in my opinion that £3.50 for a ship and 2 tracks is very greedy and overpriced, try £1.50 like Motorstorm instead of trying to rape my wallet. They even have the utter cheek to put black and white runs in seperate packs and class it as a seperate track!! It's essentially charging for the same track twice and I can only summarize how I feel about that by saying **** right off.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    KANDANG

get the icaras pack and forego the rest

i jst got the mirage one, vostok reef looks nice but if i were to get all 4 packs...
    anyone wanna trade? heh !

That`s it, Stephen, DLC is a fact of life, but the level of the pricing is cheeky. Locoroco for your PS3 costs just £1.99 for the entire game, and the PSN, generally, is very competitive compared to its rivals. On the continent they are potentially looking at 60 euros for the full game.

Having said that, of course I downloaded it. I don`t buy any other games, I`m not really even a gamer, and this is all I want to do with my PSP. You do get a "Mirage Grid" with 14 challenges, let`s hope they`re ball-breakingly tough.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    KANDANG

Quote Originally Posted by lunar View Post
    You do get a "Mirage Grid" with 14 challenges, let`s hope they`re ball-breakingly tough.
    finished all 14 challenges in one sitting. they're not ball-breakingly tough at all. i was actually hoping for 1 ship + 4 tracks, and if the ship was playable online , i wouldn't have minded what I just paid.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    supersox

Maybe the high price has something to do with low sales? I might be wrong but Motorstorm and Loco Roco at least seem far more popular titles than WipEout Pulse.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

Just for my clarification-- the new tracks are NOT available for online multiplayer gameplay?

I assume that the new ships and tracks ARE available for online time trial leaderboard rankings, yes?

Timezone
    GMT -6

edit: ok ok.. it's gone
    Last edited by Vincent_VII; 7th February 2008 at 04:29 PM.

PSN ID
    humangoogle -OFW-

This is an outrage! pure had free content, why doesn't pulse? I want to know who made this decision now! I can feel an angry horde of wipeouters gathering wanting to know the same thing.
    Seriously though, I am disappointed in SL and sony, you've go and ruined my day, there I was looking forward to that same felling that I got as downloaded my first pure pack, now I just feel angry and mistreated. We bought pulse, we bothered to spend our hard earned money on a piece of plastic and we are now forced to pay more for extra content when its predecessor had extra content completely free? If the situation doesn't change by the 17th, why it may change the way I feel about wipeout forever.

EDIT:sorry about that, it seems I worked myself up a bit, still a bit miffed about extra content though.
    Last edited by omega329; 7th February 2008 at 04:27 PM. Reason: sorry, see rapier's post for details.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

I understand some of your frustraition but stop being an assclown! Remove the name of that site, could get yourself banned for posting it.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Quote Originally Posted by Rapier Racer View Post
    ...it is in my opinion that £3.50 for a ship and 2 tracks is very greedy and overpriced, try £1.50 like Motorstorm instead of trying to rape my wallet. They even have the utter cheek to put black and white runs in seperate packs and class it as a seperate track!! It's essentially charging for the same track twice...
    I'll second your thoughts completely RR. I'm not crying because you have to pay for the download packs, I always suspected that they wouldn't be free of charge. What makes me angry is the way they're released right now, with only 2 tracks (each only black or white run) and one ship that isn't even useable for online play and the price for the pack is set at one eighth of the price I paid for the full game! For me this just doesn't feel right, but everybody has to make his own choice if they'll buy it or not. I, for one, certainly won't.