Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Download Packs

Default Download Packs

Hey, i remember reading a while back that download packs would be available at launch, i'm not in any hurry to get them, but does anyone know of any solid release date or content yet? personally i would like to see some re-made tracks (but using full graphics, rather than the simplified stuff in Pure, which is great, but those tracks would have been soooooo good in full graphics)

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

Oh, I wouldn't expect anything till Jan. 1st at the earliest.
    Holidays and all, it slows down software releases when everyone needs to spend some time _not_ at work. 8 )
    I've seen it written somewhere around here that the first download pack is definitely on its way. More craft is the main content, I believe. We shall see!

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

That's probably right, the first download will most likely contain ships, since Auricom has always been a mainstay, and the can't be absent for five or six months for another pidgeon to shoot down.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Chrono11

Here it is, ladies and gentlemen, my prediction for the first pack is: Auricom, Icarius, and the four tracks that cycle on the official page. The other two ships wont be in pack one.

PSN ID
    jacenat

auricom and new tracks would be like 2nd christmas.

i just wonder if the new tracks will spawn new grids in the singleplayer campain like they did in pure.

PSN ID
    technicolour

4 tracks, 4 ships, 4 packs, I think it's most likely we'll see 1 ship and 1 track per pack, as well as a few extras such as skins, music, backgrounds. I think this time round they're going for quality over quantity.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

So we're having ourselves a little spot of the old prediction lark eh? OK I'm gonna guess, a pack of ships first.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

3 empty packs ( sorry try next time) and the last containing all the precious stuff

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    BARTgai

i sure hope not

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Brica

Quote Originally Posted by Asayyeah View Post
    3 empty packs ( sorry try next time) and the last containing all the precious stuff
    Well, it looks like you were right Asa… Despite no announcement, the 3 empty packs are even available right now. But hey, i'm much more waiting for real content. Do we have any news of it that wouldn't be just "soon" ?

Now that i've completed the phantom grids, i need more Pulse !
    Last edited by tapioca; 14th January 2008 at 05:14 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Au_Xtr3me

I reckon the packs will be released just before (3 hours) the official US release. The first pack will have Auricom to sate the want for national identity

There was an article on neogaf a while back saying that WO pack 1 would be coming on the 31st of Jan and pack 2 would be the 7th of Feb. They sound very close to me but, if true, it means not a huge amount of waiting now.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Brica

Well… considering that the packs were supposed to be available at launch, an official word from SL or Sony would be appreciated.
    If we link this to the US release date, Jan 31st and Feb 7th seem believable.
    That would be a great news, indeed !

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

I will be very excited to have the downloadable packs

Part of the reason for releasing downloadable content would seem to be the additional value it provides a peice of software. For example, it might convince a gamer to keep a particular game because they want to experience the additional content that would be rolling out in the future.

So from Sony's perspective, wouldn't it make sense to wait until Pulse has been released in all territories before making the download-able content available?

Anyway-- hope I'm wrong about this, 'cuz I want to play the new tracks!

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Considering how cheap Pulse was being sold for in some places its extra extra value

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

I'm still learning the tracks (all 24 of'em!) so I won't mind if the packs come late march

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

Quote Originally Posted by Rapier Racer View Post
    Considering how cheap Pulse was being sold for in some places its extra extra value
    Heh, true enough

To be clear, I'm NOT complaining about the price of Wipeout Pulse, which I think is a damn bargain.

It just seems that, financially speaking, Sony would want to have the downloadable content as soon some of carrot to dangle in front of gamers-- otherwise, why not just include it on the UMD?

PSN ID
    TearsToShreds

I can't wait for the new content and seeing how Icaras will perform online and on the time tables.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

Quote Originally Posted by Frances_Penfold View Post
    why not just include it on the UMD?
    I'd hazard a guess that at a certain point in development, everything thats going to be included in the UMD is locked down as a certain inclusion, so they work on those elements first so they won't get sidetracked, while the dlc is still in concept.

And there's a certain value in offering extra content. It makes you think you're getting more for free. Which, considering there was easily enough content in both Pure and Pulse on the UMDs to begin with, you are.